The American Commonwealth: The 2020 American Federal Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:38:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Commonwealth: The 2020 American Federal Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Commonwealth: The 2020 American Federal Election  (Read 644 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2020, 06:03:37 PM »
« edited: October 30, 2020, 06:16:28 PM by Big Daddy gonna win. »

Rules

Time: This election campaign will take place from Friday, October 30th, through, a six week campaign. Each turn will last at least 72 hours, covering one week of campaigning. The election will be on Tuesday, December 15th, followed by an election night coverage of events.

Campaigns: You're free to make your own schedules and speeches, with normal campaigning being free. Each party will be able to PM the Game Moderator and ask for internal polls, canvassers/volunteers (to boost your campaign), endorsements (newspapers/organizations/celebrities) and advertising. The quality of these features will depend on a) the quality of the campaign being run, and b) the infrastructure of the party making the ask. You can of course also hold events or "interviews" to attack each other or promote yourself.

Debates: There will be one debate, in turns 5. The winner of each debate will receive a bonus in polling and enthusiasm.

Platforms: At the end of the first turn each party must publish a platform. In order to make this easy and simple, you will be required to write a list with your five main pledges. For example, the Greens can write on their platform"- Pass a Green New Deal” and so on. Manifestos will have a relevant impact and may be used by other players to attack you.

Polls: Some polls will be released to you each turn. But those polls are not 100% reliable, so be mindful of possible bias!

Images: All images used must be properly cited in accordance with Atlas's copyright policies.

Signup

Conservative (Paul Ryan): Jakobisgood
Liberal (Justin Trudeau): Ashton Shabazz
Progressive (Elizabeth Warren): GoTfan
American Heritage (Donald Trump): RGM2609
Reform (Justin Amash): Ishan
Grassroots (Elizabeth May): Peebs

[1]

Trudeau calls Federal Election.

Prime Minister Trudeau outside #1 America Avenue.
[1]

PHILADELPHIA: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau emerged from his official residence of #1 America Avenue in Philadelphia this morning to announce his intention to ask the Governor General Julie Payette to dissolve the House of Commons and call a federal election. The election, which will be held on December 15th, 2020, will be among the latest and longest campaigns in recent memory. The Prime Minister, nearing the end of his mandate in office, defended his record before the press and vowed to fight the election on "a platform of hope." His comments were followed by his trip to the Governor General's residence, where he met privately with Payette before the writs of election were dropped.

The announcement sparks one of the most anticipated campaigns in memory; with the COVID-19 virus continuing to cause havoc across the globe, the Commonwealth's economy retracting, further upheaval in the Middle East, domestic unrest sparked by racial tensions and police abuse, and concerns about climate change, polls show the Liberal Party locked in a tight race with the Conservative opposition and the surging Progressive Party. The American Heritage, Reform, and Grassroots parties are also hoping the climate of uncertainty will boost their presence in parliament.

The COVID-19 virus will result in the 2020 federal election being a race unlike any other; with concerns over the virus, many Americans in most provinces will likely be given the opportunity to vote by mail in the last week of the campaign, an unprecedented scenario which could have a dramatic impact on the election. Lockdowns and other measures put in place in a number of provinces will surely have an impact on how many voters the party leaders and their respective candidates can reach, and the format of the leadership debate is currently up in the air as the American Broadcasting Corporation weighs whether a virtual event can be held.

The six parties represented in parliament are anticipated to have their manifestos published by the end of the week, which will outline their agendas for the future in an uncertain world. Likewise, the candidates will launch their campaigns at rallies across the Commonwealth, followed by a whirlwind of campaigning in ridings across the country.

[1] Taken from Wikipedia Commons (New York Times)
[2] Taken from Wikipedia Commons (Public Domain)
And we're off!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »

Elizabeth Warren Launches 2020 Progressive Campaign via YouTube

"Thank you all for tuning in today. With this livestream, the Progressive Party is officially launching its 2020 campaign.

Our country must look to the future. Our parliament is wracked with influence from corporations and lobbyists. Since COVID-19 has been declared a pandemic, billionaires in this country have seen their fortunes spike by $800 billion. Meanwhile in the Other America, millions are being laid off without adequate cover. Many more can't afford healthcare, in the middle of a pandemic!

Politics as usual has failed us.

This year, the Progressive Party is committing itself to building a better future for the Other America. To empower the middle and working classes through a higher minimum wage, protections for workers, and making our parliament work for you, not for a handful at the top.

By voting Progressive, you will be voting for real action on climate change. For too long, it has been ignored by the major parties. An entire political party denies the existence of climate change, while the other delays and delays in action on it. The Progressive Party is committed to passing a Green New Deal, and going even further to ensure a futrueew for our children.

In 2020, take a stand for the Other America. Vote Progressive. Together, we can build a better future."
RGM2609
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »

Donald Trump's first speech for the 2020 American Heritage campaign

Good evening, for those who may not know me I am Donald Trump, the leader of the American Heritage Party and a very successful businessman who owns billions and has hundreds of properties all across the Commonwealth. I made advantegous deals with some of the toughest negotiators on Earth. I was, quite frankly, living my best life. So, why on Earth would I be running?

Because I see that our country has been run into the ground by incompetent politicians and crooks who have no love for the Commonwealth or interest in its wellbeing. Through these tough times, we have a corrupt Prime Minister who has no clue what he is doing. No clue! And he is presiding over a pandemic, over riots, over a ruined economy, over our enemies looming closer and closer. Make no mistake, Justin Trudeau is a disaster! He has allowed the virus to kill thousands and thousands, millions of jobs to be lost and the radical left to turn cities into warzones!

And his opponents are a bunch of do-nothing establishment politicians who would be just as disastrous. Most of them have done nothing other than running for re-election for their entire time in politics. They are weak on all the issues that Americanscare about and they are lead by a draconian who wants to throw millions more into poverty with his stupid plans.

These parties are disasters that no one trusts anymore, so I am running to offer an alternative! With me and the great people running for American Heritage we can fix our country and make it great once again! Throughout this campaign we will be vocal abbout what this country needs to defeat the problems brought upon it by stupid leadership. Thank you! And only with American Heritage we can Make America Great Again!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 01:28:41 AM »

Paul Ryan Launches Conservative Campaign
Credit to Wikimedia Commons for the Photo

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I want to thank everyone for joining us here today in beautiful Milwaukee, which has been crowned one of the "Best Governed City in the U.S." The people, the buildings, the beautiful landscapes, joined together create one of the most beautiful cities in our great nation. I am so excited to be here with thousands of you in the beautiful Brittingham Park overlooking the Brittingham and Monona Bay. I've seen, as I have across our nation, from Cape Breton to Phoenix, millions of people have been looking for a vision, that can be compared to beauty of the place we stand in today. A place, where families frolic in the sun as they feed the ducks, where people can leave their worries behind, and enjoy themselves together. A place in which all of God's children can engage in high spirited competition. This is what I want our country to look like, to ensure that our people are not left behind, which is sadly what is happening right now.

Folks, you may find yourself, like me, asking myself quite often "What in the hell is Justin Trudeau doing?" The answer, sadly, is we don't know. The reason we don't know, is because he doesn't know himself. Justin Trudeau is politically untested, because he hasn't had to undergo those tough situations like millions of Americans have had to go through. He's never had to skip a meal to ensure he has enough money to get to work the next day. He's never had to decide which bill to pay that month, and give up a few things to make ends meet. He's never had to budget, he's never had to make these tough decisions that shape a person's morals. I, like many of you, have had to make some very tough decisions in my life. I didn't grow up rich, I grew up in a loving family, rich in happiness, but not in wealth. I know the issues that so many of you face, which is why I am dedicated to trying to get our nation back on track, and fix our corrupted ethics and floundering economic state.

The Conservative Party has a clear, and concise vision for the future of our nation. We're going to cut taxes, get business going again, and restore dignity to our country. These three goals will guide our Government to get things done, with or without the other parties. It's clear that the people wish to have a Government that truly works for them, not for the special interests. You look at Justin Trudeau, and it seems every scandal he goes through has to deal with him exploiting people, businesses, or countries for his own personal gain. I promise to you all here today, as your leader, I will never do what Justin Trudeau has done to our nation. I will never destroy our reputation worldwide, and collapse our alliances. I will stand strong on foreign policy, and focus on a "peace through strength" policy, and incorporate our fair trade policies to end the exploitation of Canadian manufacturers and business owners.

I stand here before you all today, in the pursuit of what we are going to accomplish over these next few months, and years beyond, to officially announce the start of the Conservative Party Campaign. Together, we are going to build the nation of our dreams, not because it's easy, but because it's hard. I ask you all to join me today, in sharing our vision with your family and friends, to help spread our message from coast, to coast, to coast.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 09:56:49 AM »

First turn lasts through Friday, btw. It’s extended due to obvious events next week.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »

The Campaign for Liberty

Credit to Gade Skidmore for the Photo.

Speech in Grand Rapids, Michigan

I want to thank all who came here to listen to hear about the goals of the Reform Party, to have a "Campaign for Liberty", this campaign season.

The vast majority of this great country believes in the agenda of the Reform Party, and this campaign season, we will talk about the agenda of this party, which includes protecting the LBGTQ+ community and supporting them, abolishing the death penalty, the importance of the right to hold arms and free speech, decriminalizing all drugs and substances, a solution to police brutality, to lower taxes and to abolish some taxes and making sure that the rich corporations don't get bailouts and finally, adhering to the constitution.

The Reform Party believes in common sense ideas that gather support from all Americans!

This campaign won't be about attacks for the other parties, this campaign will be a positive campaign about this "Campaign for Liberty"!

The Reform Party stands for the people, believes in the people's right for liberty and freedom, and the constitution and this great Democracy in this great Commonwealth!

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »

Turn ended yesterday or next Friday?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States