AL-FM3 Research (Jones Internal): Jones +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:46:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL-FM3 Research (Jones Internal): Jones +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: AL-FM3 Research (Jones Internal): Jones +1  (Read 3782 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2020, 05:06:48 PM »

No one asked, but my take is that Manchin probably wouldn't have been reelected if he hadn't voted for Kavanaugh, but not because of ideological concerns. In West Virginia, that sort of thing would make it really easy to paint Manchin as in Schumer's pocket and out of touch with the state. In contrast, votes on taxes or the ACA or whatever else aren't really part of that same culture war, so it's easier to paint that as "well, I may not agree with his every vote, but he cares about West Virginia and fights for us in Washington." Tester and Brown are similar, but they've built up enough goodwill that they could afford to vote however they wanted (plus neither Ohio nor Montana is nearly as red as WV).
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2020, 12:33:40 AM »

Some may cite Tubberville's weaknesses as a candidate.. but Jones barely won in a special election, against possibly the worst senate candidate the US political sphere has seen in at least 2 decades.

This is Alabama, in a presidential year.. anyone who thinks this race will be close, should save themselves from eventual disappointment.

Whenever I see these types of posts about AK/AL/KS/SC, I just can't imagine how someone in 2016 would react.

And that's without the context of who the Alabama Senator is (or President, for that matter)
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2020, 10:09:36 AM »

I want to believe
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2020, 08:53:50 AM »

And the worst poll of the year goes to...

No, but Republicans definitely can’t take this for granted and both parties' internals have been showing the race much closer than public polling. It’s a single-digit race.

And the worst take of the year goes to...
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2020, 09:16:29 AM »

^Amazing that for a guy who finds so much fault with this forum and its ‘condescending’ posters and who pledged to be gone because of its ‘toxic’ environment, he still can’t bring himself to actually leave it because of his ‘rub it in their face’ attitude, which is characteristic of everything the Trumpian personality embodies. Maybe your guy would have actually won the election if he had shed a little bit of it.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »

Those delusional Alabama Republicans

- Alabama Democrats, Republicans say race closer than polls show
- Jones attacks Tuberville on college football career, ties to Trump

October 8, 2020 11:21 AM
By Samantha Handler   

Sen. Doug Jones (D) is running one of the strongest campaigns a Democrat has run in Alabama in many years — and that assessment comes from a Republican.

In a state President Donald Trump carried with 60% of the vote in 2016, and where almost two-thirds of voters cast straight party-line ballots, both Democrats and Republicans say the race between Jones and former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville will be close, despite Tuberville having a 15 percentage point lead in polls. The seat may be the GOP’s best pick-up opportunity as the party fights to defend other seats, including in Georgia and South Carolina, and maintain Senate control.

https://about.bgov.com/news/republicans-arent-writing-off-doug-jones-neither-is-jones/
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »

^Amazing that for a guy who finds so much fault with this forum and its ‘condescending’ posters and who pledged to be gone because of its ‘toxic’ environment, he still can’t bring himself to actually leave it because of his ‘rub it in their face’ attitude, which is characteristic of everything the Trumpian personality embodies. Maybe your guy would have actually won the election if he had shed a little bit of it.

I get you're upset that you got exposed this election but claiming Trump is 'my guy' is something else. I mean I assume you voted for him? Maybe you didn't, I didn't. You say it as if I'm oppositional to you. Is my disdain for Democrats now equivalent to support for Trump? And I still think it's too early to say he officially lost but you may end up right about that.

I probably won't post at all in 2021, you'll be very happy. I might come around again in 2022 for the midterms, but not much else.

Those delusional Alabama Republicans

- Alabama Democrats, Republicans say race closer than polls show
- Jones attacks Tuberville on college football career, ties to Trump

October 8, 2020 11:21 AM
By Samantha Handler   

Sen. Doug Jones (D) is running one of the strongest campaigns a Democrat has run in Alabama in many years — and that assessment comes from a Republican.

In a state President Donald Trump carried with 60% of the vote in 2016, and where almost two-thirds of voters cast straight party-line ballots, both Democrats and Republicans say the race between Jones and former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville will be close, despite Tuberville having a 15 percentage point lead in polls. The seat may be the GOP’s best pick-up opportunity as the party fights to defend other seats, including in Georgia and South Carolina, and maintain Senate control.

https://about.bgov.com/news/republicans-arent-writing-off-doug-jones-neither-is-jones/

The Republican strategist and the general political class is out of touch - and even they don't understand Trump's appeal and support. I'm assuming you're familiar with how badly they thought Trump was going down in 2016. Did you believe them then? I remember you having a good pulse on 2016.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies