Do you think there was any way Trump could have been a good president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:08:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you think there was any way Trump could have been a good president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think Trump could've done anything different to make him a good president?
I already think he's a good president.

Yes, I don't approve of him but there are some things he could've done that would've made him good.

No, Even if Trump didn't have character flaws, Wasn't corrupt and had a better COVID response, I still wouldn't have agreed with many of his policies.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Do you think there was any way Trump could have been a good president?  (Read 1024 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: October 30, 2020, 11:16:06 PM »

No. His character flaws (laziness, narcissism, etc) precluded him from being successful in that role.

Even if those flaws were absent, I don't see how someone who is such an outsider to the political process would have been able to implement whatever the practical version of his campaign promises were.

He'd be dealing with caucuses of his own party that were very opposed to things like more spending on infrastructure and a generous healthcare plan that "takes care of everybody." He'd have no allies in Congress who could do the work of whipping support for those things.

Legislating and governing isn't easy and the idea that an outsider with no political experience could be good at it doesn't make any more sense than suggesting someone with no medical training can do a heart transplant. You actually do need politicians and career civil servants to do that stuff effectively.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies