GA - SurveyUSA: Ossoff+2, Warnock+7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA - SurveyUSA: Ossoff+2, Warnock+7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: GA - SurveyUSA: Ossoff+2, Warnock+7  (Read 4638 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2020, 06:05:50 AM »

I see the polling industry has learned nothing

LOL my god.

... you really don't have any room to talk tbh
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.45, S: -3.91

P P
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2020, 08:15:36 AM »

I see the polling industry has learned nothing

LOL my god.

Are you serious?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2020, 08:19:47 AM »

I can't believe people on this forum have the audacity to pick out a single state from somebody who got it almost all right when they've gotten almost the entire 2020 election wrong. You guys were predicting Iowa, Ohio, and Texas a toss-up, Kansas, Iowa, and Montana Senate races a toss-up (with many predicting Dems winning them). All based on junky polls which confirmed what you wanted to happen.

Calling a Biden +4, 5% margin of error poll "junk" is not a bold statement and has nothing to do with any kind of "record" that Buzz has. Yall gang up on him just like you gang up on me or anyone who tells it like it is. Same behavior that was going on before the election validated and repeated. You'll continue to do this and learn nothing for years.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2020, 04:39:31 AM »

I can't believe people on this forum have the audacity to pick out a single state from somebody who got it almost all right when they've gotten almost the entire 2020 election wrong. You guys were predicting Iowa, Ohio, and Texas a toss-up, Kansas, Iowa, and Montana Senate races a toss-up (with many predicting Dems winning them). All based on junky polls which confirmed what you wanted to happen.

Calling a Biden +4, 5% margin of error poll "junk" is not a bold statement and has nothing to do with any kind of "record" that Buzz has. Yall gang up on him just like you gang up on me or anyone who tells it like it is. Same behavior that was going on before the election validated and repeated. You'll continue to do this and learn nothing for years.

To be honest, Kaiser Dave's predictions were very accurate
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »

Literally the only statewide result he got wrong was the NC senate race so not sure why you are attacking him for bad predictions when Buzz was fairly sure Trump would win Georgia.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »

Thank you are a man of class
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2020, 10:12:41 AM »

It was moreso a response to the 10 people that recommended and the behavioral aspect than any specific response to Kaiser Dave and his prediction accuracy. Obviously I wasn't referring to him when I said "they've" and "you guys".
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »

Literally the only statewide result he got wrong was the NC senate race so not sure why you are attacking him for bad predictions when Buzz was fairly sure Trump would win Georgia.

To be fair my Atlas Senate predictions are very old, I actually got ME and NC senate WRONG. WRONG. Not right. Typo folks!!! The only senate races I got wrong were those two, but my predictions of margins elsewhere were less than stellar.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2020, 10:16:09 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2020, 10:25:39 AM by KaiserDave »

It was moreso a response to the 10 people that recommended and the behavioral aspect than any specific response to Kaiser Dave and his prediction accuracy. Obviously I wasn't referring to him when I said "they've" and "you guys".

Perhaps don’t quote me then

Edit: and don’t turn this into some righteous indignation thing. You’re not a heroic resistance person “telling it like it is.” You were, and I feel like this is at least somewhat relevant...wrong.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2020, 10:17:56 AM »

The predictions of most of the people who recommended that post were far more accurate EV wise than predicting Trump would win re-election.
PAK Man

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2020, 01:05:36 PM »

I'm very skeptical about this myself - but interestingly, I do think Warnock is better-positioned to win than Ossoff.
..Perdue is under investigation for corruption charges

That hasn't stopped politicians from winning in the past.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2020, 03:39:47 PM »

Same thing as the GOP internal
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »

Lean R
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2020, 11:11:32 AM »

Edit: and don’t turn this into some righteous indignation thing. You’re not a heroic resistance person “telling it like it is.” You were, and I feel like this is at least somewhat relevant...wrong.

You still picked on Buzz just because you wanted to drop him down a peg. Had nothing substantial to do with rebutting his claim or anything. That's why I quoted you.

And yes, I was "wrong". I already know that, but you know it's a cheap shot because of how I got it wrong. If getting every state correct by itself is more important than closeness in margins, then yeah my prediction sucked. I mean seriously, if that's the standard then there's very little genuineness or good faith left in our community.  I was not more inaccurate than most people on here just because I got the "winner" wrong. That's just shallow. And I don't know why you think it's somewhat relevant to this discussion either.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2020, 11:25:48 AM »

There are so many unknowns that I wouldn’t be surprised by a lopsided GA result, but the sample and the difference between Osoff and Warnock’s margins give me pause. This poll seems to assume Democrats will be the ones who will be more reliable on showing up for the runoffs
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2020, 12:48:35 PM »

Just remember, GA polls were some of the only ones that were pretty much spot-on.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2020, 03:25:48 PM »

The irony is that he loves to mock me and others for being completely wrong about ‘the election’ when he was the one who ended up being very wrong about GA (arguably more so than any other poster not named MillennialModerate), e.g. when he insisted that the state was not more winnable for Democrats than FL/NC and (at least) Lean R.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies