GA-Mammoth: Biden with a mammoth lead in Georgia (+5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:14:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GA-Mammoth: Biden with a mammoth lead in Georgia (+5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: GA-Mammoth: Biden with a mammoth lead in Georgia (+5)  (Read 6280 times)
forsythvoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2020, 10:16:45 PM »

I do get the sense Trump's support has cratered in the suburbs of ATL, so I'm starting to believe the polls could be right. Whatever the case, wife and I both voted Biden today for President.  Both of us voted Trump in 2016, so +4 vote Biden swing in Forsyth County from us!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2020, 10:19:32 PM »

I do get the sense Trump's support has cratered in the suburbs of ATL, so I'm starting to believe the polls could be right. Whatever the case, wife and I both voted Biden today for President.  Both of us voted Trump in 2016, so +4 vote Biden swing in Forsyth County from us!

You're a Trump-Biden voter! I'm a McMullin-Biden voter. Just a few examples on this forum of the shifts taking place among the electorate. Hopefully, the polls will be correct and Biden prevails next week.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2020, 10:21:27 PM »

Yeah, I don't see how Biden loses Georgia if he's losing people like you (whites in ATL Atlanta).

Given how many blacks are in GA the educated white vote is key to GOP survival in that state in a way it's not even in say NC.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2020, 10:22:23 PM »

F#ck, they shoulda had Elaina Plott interview you both instead. That would have actually been insightful.
forsythvoter

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2020, 10:26:25 PM »

I'm not sure I'd personally want the national attention haha but I really don't think it would have been that hard for her to find Trump-Biden voters in the northern ATL burbs especially.

F#ck, they shoulda had Elaina Plott interview you both instead. That would have actually been insightful.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2020, 11:10:40 PM »

I am in utter disbelief at all these Georgia developments. It turns out that something might be going on in the Peach state and that previous Civitas poll wasn't much of an outlier.

We have been saying this for years, 2018 was confirmation of it though some people took it the opposite way.

The Sunbelt GOP is like Venice, sinking inch by inch as Boomer/Late Silent Whites die off and are displaced by far less Republican Millennials and Zoomers. 

Meanwhile the GA Democratic Party is not a wave, its sea level rise. 2020 is just the tsunami to push the process along faster.

Trump accelerated this dynamic by angering the very people that buttered the GOP's bread for decades, high end, high educated suburbanites. That was before Covid even. According to Survey USA, 77% of Georgian Suburbanites support the mask at least on the state level, the same mask Trump was mocking Biden for wearing.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2020, 11:19:48 PM »

I am in utter disbelief at all these Georgia developments. It turns out that something might be going on in the Peach state and that previous Civitas poll wasn't much of an outlier.

We have been saying this for years, 2018 was confirmation of it though some people took it the opposite way.

The Sunbelt GOP is like Venice, sinking inch by inch as Boomer/Late Silent Whites die off and are displaced by far less Republican Millennials and Zoomers. 

Meanwhile the GA Democratic Party is not a wave, its sea level rise. 2020 is just the tsunami to push the process along faster.

Trump accelerated this dynamic by angering the very people that buttered the GOP's bread for decades, high end, high educated suburbanites. That was before Covid even. According to Survey USA, 77% of Georgian Suburbanites support the mask at least on the state level, the same mask Trump was mocking Biden for wearing.

I think it was inevitable that the Republican Party's increasing anti-intellectualism, as exemplified by Trump, would eventually hurt its position with younger voters and college graduates, particularly suburbanites, as you yourself have noted. It certainly is a concern to me that we have so many politicians who buy into conspiracy theories of the most absurd kinds, and who have no qualms with making the claims that they do. Of course-as you're very well aware-we have had these issues throughout American history, but in the Modern Era, there certainly seems to be a changing reaction to them by the majority of the public.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »

I think it was inevitable that the Republican Party's increasing anti-intellectualism, as exemplified by Trump, would eventually hurt its position with younger voters and college graduates, particularly suburbanites, as you yourself have noted. It certainly is a concern to me that we have so many politicians who buy into conspiracy theories of the most absurd kinds, and who have no qualms with making the claims that they do. Of course-as you're very well aware-we have had these issues throughout American history, but in the Modern Era, there certainly seems to be a changing reaction to them by the majority of the public.

The difference this time, is that it has hit them hard with seniors. Seniors overwhelmingly support the mask while opposition to masks skews younger, whiter and less urban.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2020, 09:36:55 AM »

The difference this time, is that it has hit them hard with seniors. Seniors overwhelmingly support the mask while opposition to masks skews younger, whiter and less urban.

I'm fully aware of that, and I see it at my job, as I've recounted several times. Virtually all elderly customers are wearing masks, while the vast majority of the maskless customers are white and either young or middle-aged. And it's obvious that Trump's bungled response to the pandemic is what is driving Biden's lead among senior citizens-which could be the critical factor that allows him to win Florida, despite performing worse than Clinton among Hispanics.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »

Ugh, that's a strong lead, especially with an R+6 sample. I'm skeptical anyone wins GA by more than 2 or 2.5 pts, but pure tossup. I thought it was Tilt or Lean R up to weeks ago, but having Biden ahead this late in the cycle is devastating Mr. Trump. Absolutely devastating.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies