DFP-SC: Trump +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:04:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  DFP-SC: Trump +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DFP-SC: Trump +6  (Read 1634 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2020, 06:58:13 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 06:59:53 PM »

Trump +6/7 seems to be the average among most pollsters with SC. Same with this being a tied Senate race.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 07:01:58 PM »

SC is roughly about as close or closer than MI/WI/PA. Sad!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 07:02:46 PM »

Up BIG in South Carolina!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »

I mean, he's probably going to win SC, but being up by only 6% isn't a place he wants to be.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 07:04:37 PM »

October 22-27
1196 likely voters
MoE: 2.8%
Changes with October 8-11

Trump 50% (-2)
Biden 44% (+1)
Jorgensen 1% (n/c)
Hawkins 0% (but some voters) (-1)
Not sure 4% (n/c)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 07:04:52 PM »

I mean, he's probably going to win SC, but being up by only 6% isn't a place he wants to be.

I  wish we had that kind of morale.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 07:05:36 PM »

I was being sarcastic.
forza nocta

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 07:11:51 PM »

*Sigh* life seems so easy as a right winger. Then again, they panic at the drop of a hat at whatever Trump and right wing media tell them to be, so I guess it cancels out.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »

I'm looking forward to DFP dropping like 15 polls Monday night or Tuesday morning. One of the best new pollsters out there. Nailed 2019 and the 2020 Democratic primaries.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »

Up big in NJ!
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 07:22:50 PM »

I seem to be the only one becoming less optimistic about Harrison. It seems pretty clear that undecideds will come home to Graham thanks to the near-total lack of President/Senate ticket-splitting. The only thing that would give Harrison this seat is a whole lot of Republicans either leaving the Senate part blank or voting Bledsoe, and I'm just not sure if enough will do that to make it possible.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 07:24:11 PM »

Assuming that South Carolina's PVI remains R+8 this would mean that Trump is set to receive around 42% of the nationwide popular vote. Winning South Carolina only by 6% would be pathetic.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 09:54:58 PM »

Assuming that South Carolina's PVI remains R+8 this would mean that Trump is set to receive around 42% of the nationwide popular vote. Winning South Carolina only by 6% would be pathetic.

I'm guessing that Trump wins most of the undecideds here but that's still 55-45 in South Carolina.

In line with a 7 or 8% Biden lead.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 10:26:55 PM »

New Poll: South Carolina President by Data 4 Progress on 2020-10-27

Summary: D: 44%, R: 50%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 12:12:59 AM »

The MAGAtards will be believing that a one-point lead is a landslide for Dear Leader on Election Night. Meanwhile these are the same numbskulls who think that their beloved tyrant being behind by over 30 points in California is good for him. S-A-D!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »

I seem to be the only one becoming less optimistic about Harrison. It seems pretty clear that undecideds will come home to Graham thanks to the near-total lack of President/Senate ticket-splitting. The only thing that would give Harrison this seat is a whole lot of Republicans either leaving the Senate part blank or voting Bledsoe, and I'm just not sure if enough will do that to make it possible.

I am not optimistic that Harrison pulls it out, but he still has a chance. The problem is, historically at least, most of the undecides here in SC will break for Graham given that he's such a known quantity and the state's Republican tilt.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »

I'm starting to notice this more and more everywhere. This election is shaping up to be a Democratic one, but it's clear that the results are going to be shaped by the trends of "polarization" we've been seeing in recent years. Yes, that may seem like an overused word to some, but I would argue that voters are making less and less of a distinction between candidates, and are voting straight-ticket down the line. This was what happened in my home state of Colorado back in 2018. Even in traditionally "elastic" states like Alaska, Iowa, and Montana, we're seeing the same phenomenon in polling.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 12:28:57 PM »

I'm starting to notice this more and more everywhere. This election is shaping up to be a Democratic one, but it's clear that the results are going to be shaped by the trends of "polarization" we've been seeing in recent years. Yes, that may seem like an overused word to some, but I would argue that voters are making less and less of a distinction between candidates, and are voting straight-ticket down the line. This was what happened in my home state of Colorado back in 2018. Even in traditionally "elastic" states like Alaska, Iowa, and Montana, we're seeing the same phenomenon in polling.

People can't see the candidate anymore, only the party. Might be time to go parliamentary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies