Post your anecdotal evidence here!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Post your anecdotal evidence here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Post your anecdotal evidence here!  (Read 4214 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2020, 06:13:47 AM »

Not sure who's funding it, but in Montgomery County (blue Philly suburbs), there's a part of my town that has multiple "Vote Green Party" signs... (Despite Hawkins not even being on the PA ballot)
Fusternino
Rookie
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2020, 06:19:01 AM »

This means less than nothing in Seattle, but anecdotally, Jorgenson signs probably outnumber Trump signs inside city limits 10-to-1.

Which neighborhoods?

I lived there last summer.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2020, 07:08:20 AM »

Seeing more Trump signs in the southern Milwaukee suburbs than 4 years ago but they're vastly outnumbered by the Biden signs. Have seen a few Republicans for Biden signs too.

For 2016 there really weren't many signs at all (More Clinton than Trump then though too).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2020, 08:08:01 AM »

I haven't traveled that much at all this year, but I'll share some anecdotes from my job and personally. At this thread (https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=407458.msg7696239#msg7696239), I talked about my father, who is a Trump supporter. He dislikes Obama, and only voted for him reluctantly in 2012 because of my stepmother's pleas. In 2016, he voted enthusiastically for Trump. This year, it seemed like he was wavering for a time, due to Trump's handling of the pandemic and the George Floyd riots, but it didn't take long for him to get back on the Trump Train, and he voted for him again two days ago. My father believes that Biden has dementia, that he is corrupt, and buys into all of the stories concerning Hunter Biden. He likes how Trump is "politically incorrect", thinks that the polls are wrong again like they were in 2016, and believes that Trump is going to win again. Now, it's as if the events of this year haven't had any impact on his opinions, but then again, this is true of most of Trump's base, as the polls have indicated.

At my job, I've asked several of my coworkers how they intend to vote. Surprisingly, the balance is heavily in Biden's favor. At least six of my coworkers voted for Biden, one voted for Trump, and one voted for Kayne West (!). As I've shared on here, I myself am voting for Biden. One of my coworkers told me, after I shared with them how I voted, that I have "morals". Another shared with me her frustrations about how people haven't been taking the pandemic seriously, and seems to think Trump is a buffoon. And another told me how he couldn't stand the conspiracy theories and other nonsense that he hears Trump supporters spout almost daily.

The lone Trump voter I've talked to (although there are certainly more there) told me he doesn't have that much of a problem with Biden, and the one Kayne voter has shared with me his dislike of both major political parties-although he also told me that he couldn't vote for Trump "in good conscience" because his girlfriend is Muslim, and she wouldn't be here if Trump's original "Muslim ban" had been in effect. So the impression I'm garnering is that Biden has much more quiet support than perhaps some are considering, and we could be in for a surprise on Election Night.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2020, 08:11:00 AM »

For Democrats, I've seen a pretty even amount of Biden/Harris signs and local candidate signs. For Republicans, the vast majority of the signs I've seen are for local candidates.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2020, 08:14:13 AM »

Both of my parents (white, college degree, suburban, upper class) have voted Republican their entire lives except in the 90s (mom voted for Clinton in 96, dad voted for Perot in 92 and 96). Voted Trump last time because they wanted to get rid of corruption in Washington, and have now switched over to Biden because of COVID, the fact that Pence is anti-gay (I came out to them this year), and how he treated Andy and Jill McCabe (my mom was the campaign manager for Jill McCabe's state senate run).  They like Trump's tax cuts but they find him gross as a person, and also genuinely like Joe Biden as they think he is nice. This sentiment is really common in NoVA, as there are many people that voted for him last time that are now voting for Biden. I also see a lot of Biden signs, wayy more than I ever saw for Clinton. I also see a fair amount of Trump signs and paraphernalia, but they are outnumbered 2:1.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2020, 08:22:00 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2020, 06:55:43 PM by Crumpets »

This means less than nothing in Seattle, but anecdotally, Jorgenson signs probably outnumber Trump signs inside city limits 10-to-1.

Which neighborhoods?

I lived there last summer.

Nice! The Biden signs are all over the place. I was in Magnolia over the summer and they were pretty ubiquitous there, with most houses that had any sign out front having both a Biden sign and a BLM sign. I know of at least two Jorgenson signs in Magnolia, plus some along the median on the 15th Ave corridor and several along I-5 and I-90. There's a big Jorgenson sign at the I-5 onramp in Des Moines and one along I-90 in Eastgate.

I don't know if I've ever actually seen a Trump sign in front of a house in Seattle. The only one I've seen in city limits that wasn't on a car was very briefly on the Magnolia Bridge, but I don't think it lasted more than 24 hours before someone took it down. You have to drive out about as far as Cle Elum going eastbound before you start to see Trump signs. Loren Culp signs are much more prevalent, which could mean either 1) Culp will significantly out-perform Trump or 2) Trafalgar's "shy Trump" voters have significant overlap with "proud Culp" voters. Personally, I'm thinking the former is more likely.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »

the 18-24 year old vote is going to be 100% for Joel Jorgensen, sample size: me and my wife
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2020, 05:12:34 PM »

the 18-24 year old vote is going to be 100% for Joel Jorgensen, sample size: me and my wife

Who wants to break it to him?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2020, 05:43:42 PM »

Hey, if we're talking family vote, my one aunt is a Carter/Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Clinton/Nader/Bush/Obama/
Romney/Clinton/Biden voter.  

My uncle (her husband) is a Reagan/Reagan/Bush/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Bush/McCain/Romney/Trump/Biden voter

I don't know if my mom's ever voted, so here's my dad's voting history (starting 1996):

Perot/Bush/Bush/Obama/Romney/Trump/Trump
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »

I’ve been going through the snap map recently to see some of the snaps in the Swing States.
I only have a few days of “data”, but here it is.
Caveat, the Demographics of Snapchat skew younger and seemingly more diverse, but then again, Trump cultists are the ones who will likely post the most. Take this all with a barrel of salt.

Trump=Pro-Trump snap      Biden=Pro-Biden snap      Vote=Voting/election related, no clear bias

Florida:
FL-27 Trump 1  Vote 2
FL-25 Trump 2
FL-22 Vote 1
FL-20 Biden 4 Trump 2 Vote 1
FL-19 Trump 1 Biden 1. Vote 2
FL-18 Vote 1
FL-17 Trump 1
FL-13 Vote 2
FL-11 Trump 3 Vote 1
FL-10 Biden 1
FL-9 Vote 1
FL-7 Vote 1
FL-5 Biden 8 Trump 1
FL-3 Trump 2
FL-2 Trump 1 Vote 1

Georgia:
GA-1 Biden 2 Trump 2
GA-2 Vote 1
GA-3 Vote 2 Biden 2
GA-4 Biden 1 Vote 11
GA-6 Vote 1
GA-7 Biden 5 Vote 6
GA-8 Trump 1
GA-9 Trump 1
GA-10 Biden 2 Vote 1
GA-11 Vote 1
GA-12 Vote 2
GA-13 Vote 3
GA-14 Vote 2

North Carolina:
NC-1 Biden 1 Trump 2
NC-2 Vote 4 Biden 2
NC-4 Trump 7 Vote 2
NC-5 Trump 1
NC-6 Vote 2
NC-8 Trump 17
NC-12 Trump 1 Biden 1 Vote 1
NC-13 Vote 3 Trump 1

Pennsylvania:
PA-1 Biden 11 Vote 3
PA-2 Trump 4 Vote 1
PA-3 Trump 12 Biden 3
PA-5 Biden 1 Trump 1 Vote 1
PA-6 Trump 1 Vote 1
PA-7 Trump 5 Biden 1 Vote 1
PA-8 Trump 2 Biden 1
PA-10 Trump 6
PA-11 Trump 3
PA-12 Trump 1
PA-13 Vote 1 Trump 1
PA-17 Trump 3

Michigan:
MI-14 Vote 1 Biden 1 Trump 1
MI-11 Biden 2 Vote 1
MI-8 Trump 1
MI-7 Vote 1
MI-4 Trump 1
MI-3 Trump 25 Vote 2

Wisconsin:
WI-1 Trump 1
WI-2 Vote 1
WI-4 Vote 2

Minnesota:
MN-1 Vote 1
MN-5 Vote 2
MN-8 Trump 1

NE-02 Vote 3

Arizona:
AZ-7 2 Trump 1 Vote
AZ-6 Vote 2 Trump 2
AZ-5 Vote 3
AZ-4 Trump 1 Biden 1

Nevada:
NV-4 Biden 2

BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2020, 06:21:58 PM by BudgieForce »

I live in Broward county and there has been a concerted effort by Trump supporters to put up large campaign signs on the side of the road. I lived in New Jersey during the 2016 campaign so I don't know if this is normal down in South Florida, but almost all of the Trump campaign signs have been vandalized.  It's gotten so bad that they've started replacing the big Trump signs with smaller signs on very high wooden poles so people cant get to them. I've only ever lived in Blue states before now and I've never seen anything like this before.

Edit: Granted, Broward County might be the bluest county I've ever lived in. I moved from Bergen County and it is nowhere near D+35. Still, never experienced vandalism of campaign signage before.  Seemed noteworthy.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »

One of the most unique voting/support histories of anyone I know is (as best I can tell) Fiorina->Cruz->Clinton->Yang->Yamina->? Not sure if she's voting in this election. She's posted pro-BLM stuff, somewhat conspiratorial Epstein stuff, and some light digs at Biden, but not enough to make me think she's clearly on one side or the other.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »

CHAZ: Safe Biden -> Lean Jorgensen
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2020, 06:37:37 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2020, 06:41:42 PM by New Hampshirite for Kara Eastman »

I'm seeing a lot of "Republicans for Biden" signs on the NH Seacoast, which is anecdotally indicative of Biden getting a decent amount of crossover support in the state. That's not to mention the saturation of the greater Portsmouth area with Biden, Shaheen, Pappas, Messmer, and even Feltes signs on the yards of (most likely) straight ticket Democratic voters. There are many Trump signs, to be clear, but they are vastly outnumbered in this area. This isn't necessarily surprising as I expect this region to trend strongly against Trump, even as it is already fairly liberal, but the Democrats here are going all out with the signs this year. Also, over the border in southern Maine I've seen almost no Collins signs. Some Trump signs, but none for Collins. Way more for Gideon and Biden.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2020, 06:57:45 PM »

Genoa Township in Delaware County, OH is basically a 50-50 split as far as yard signs go
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2020, 01:48:42 AM »

I live right on the edge of what could be considered Clinton country. My precinct voted for Clinton by four votes (having voted for Romney and McCain previously) and the precinct immediately to my west went Trump handily. Within my neighborhood Biden signs outnumber Trump signs probably 5 to 1 or more. However, leaving the suburban developments (I often drive through the rural areas immediately to my west) there's a fair amount of Trump signs and that ratio is probably close to inverted.

Probably worth noting there were no Clinton yard signs around in 2016 at all, maybe the occasional Prius with a bumpersticker but thats about it. So the suburban liberals are definitely being loud this time.

Maybe because voting for an old white man such as Biden is seen as more socially exceptable in areas such as yours than the history-making, record-breaking, glass ceiling-shattering HRC first female nominee of a major party in 2016?
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2020, 01:50:56 AM »

Libertardians in big cities Huh
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2020, 01:53:27 AM »

Thank for you serving as my lone voice of region in a sea full of cacophonous beings.
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2020, 01:54:59 AM »

Both of my parents (white, college degree, suburban, upper class) have voted Republican their entire lives except in the 90s (mom voted for Clinton in 96, dad voted for Perot in 92 and 96). Voted Trump last time because they wanted to get rid of corruption in Washington, and have now switched over to Biden because of COVID, the fact that Pence is anti-gay (I came out to them this year), and how he treated Andy and Jill McCabe (my mom was the campaign manager for Jill McCabe's state senate run).  They like Trump's tax cuts but they find him gross as a person, and also genuinely like Joe Biden as they think he is nice. This sentiment is really common in NoVA, as there are many people that voted for him last time that are now voting for Biden. I also see a lot of Biden signs, wayy more than I ever saw for Clinton. I also see a fair amount of Trump signs and paraphernalia, but they are outnumbered 2:1.

Unrelated, but congrats hyo! Here's hoping they took it well, as I'm sure they did (you know, how parents can be sometimes - Unamused)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2020, 01:55:28 AM »

I will go with a Bidenslide now, but I still have some gut feeling that there’s some kind of Silent „Don’t give a f**k“ Majority for Trump out there which could win him the election ...
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2020, 01:58:02 AM »

One of the most unique voting/support histories of anyone I know is (as best I can tell) Fiorina->Cruz->Clinton->Yang->Yamina->? Not sure if she's voting in this election. She's posted pro-BLM stuff, somewhat conspiratorial Epstein stuff, and some light digs at Biden, but not enough to make me think she's clearly on one side or the other.

Shocked Yamina?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2020, 02:22:16 AM »

In some towns in rural Oregon that went Trump by a few points in 2016 I've seen more Biden than Trump signs this time around. Also waaaaay more Biden than Hillary enthusiasm in Portland alone.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2020, 12:17:17 PM »

Unrelated, but congrats hyo! Here's hoping they took it well, as I'm sure they did (you know, how parents can be sometimes - Unamused)

Thanks lol
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »

Shocked Yamina?

Yep. She's an extremely well-informed, intelligent, and all-around nice person. A couple years ago, she moved to Israel and her Facebook posts have split the difference between being a maybe right-leaning independent in the US, who I think supported Yang in the primary, to very right-wing posts on Israeli domestic politics. I'm not sure where it comes from, but she's definitely not a low-information voter or online edgelord.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies