NY11-NBC/Marist: Malliotakis (R) +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:10:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  NY11-NBC/Marist: Malliotakis (R) +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NY11-NBC/Marist: Malliotakis (R) +2  (Read 3119 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »

Malliotakis (R) 48
Rose (D, inc.) 46

The survey was conducted Oct. 19-21. The margin of error among the 650 likely voters polled was 4.7 percent.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/decision-2020/malliotakis-narrowly-leads-rose-in-tight-staten-island-race-nbc-4-marist-poll-finds/2685646/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »

Trump winning by 7 here? Junk this.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

October 19-21
650 likely voters
MoE: 4.7%

Nicole Malliotakis (R) 48%
Max Rose (D) 46%
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »

October 19-21
650 likely voters
MoE: 4.7%

Nicole Malliotakis (R) 48%
Max Rose (D) 46%
I'm ok with this.  Smile
Roblox

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »

Think I’d be just fine with Max rose losing as Biden wins comfortably nationally and democrats win the house and senate.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 03:26:16 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2020, 03:32:25 PM by AncestralDemocrat. »

He won by 10 points, in 2016.. so a 7 point lead now is not entirely unrealistic. Not everywhere will have a complete uniform swing against Trump.

Your calls to junk any data even slightly positive to republicans is hilarious and the epitome of a hack.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 03:27:58 PM »

It fascinated me that Staten Island is a RED borough.

I know it really is far diffrent from the rest of NYC but still...

None of the NYC suburbs to the North or West (NJ) have red CD’s. And even directly to the East are blue districts on Long Island ... how is Staten Island so much of a red leaner

*and I ask again, how do we increase the majority by 10 when we don’t hold onto our seats we already have
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »

Still Tilt D.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 03:40:06 PM »

None of the NYC suburbs to the North or West (NJ) have red CD’s. And even directly to the East are blue districts on Long Island ... how is Staten Island so much of a red leaner

*and I ask again, how do we increase the majority by 10 when we don’t hold onto our seats we already have

Even though Staten Island is in the city, transportation to Manhattan (or even to the fashionable parts of Brooklyn) is harder than it is from across the Hudson, or Westchester, or Long Island. Someone hoping to move to an NYC suburb for the purpose of commuting to somewhere in Manhattan would prefer not to live on Staten Island. It is also home to police neighborhoods which might be extremely alienated from the Democratic Party as it exists in 2020.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »

Even though Staten Island is in the city, transportation to Manhattan (or even to the fashionable parts of Brooklyn) is harder than it is from across the Hudson, or Westchester, or Long Island. Someone hoping to move to an NYC suburb for the purpose of commuting to somewhere in Manhattan would prefer not to live on Staten Island. It is also home to police neighborhoods which might be extremely alienated from the Democratic Party as it exists in 2020.

This. The only Democratic city councilmember on S.I. is a Black woman named Debi Rose, she is not related to Max Rose. She represents North Shore, which is more urban and diverse than the white homogeneous South Shore, which is more Trumpian and Blue Lives Matter.

Rose holds on, but police neighborhoods are probably done with Dems for their all-in embrace of BLM. That's not good for relations at all

Rose wins 52%-46%

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »

Otoh, if you are in the NYPD or FDNY don't you have to commute to Manhattan or perhaps even further afield?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 03:48:11 PM »

Lean R.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »

Important to note that, of the few polls of this district in 2018, Rose outperformed his numbers significantly.

No getting around, though, that Rose is easily among the most endangered Dem incumbents.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »

This. The only Democratic city councilmember on S.I. is a Black woman named Debi Rose, she is not related to Max Rose. She represents North Shore, which is more urban and diverse than the white homogeneous South Shore, which is more Trumpian and Blue Lives Matter.

Rose holds on, but police neighborhoods are probably done with Dems for their all-in embrace of BLM. That's not good for relations at all

Rose wins 52%-46%

If he loses, I can see Rose running for Mayor.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »

Rose wins 52%-46%

Or running in again in a reconfigured district in 2022.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »

Rose wins 52%-46%

Is it possible to make a district blue enough to win with Staten Island on it?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 03:57:38 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2020, 04:05:49 PM by #proudtikitorchmarcher »

It is actually impressive how Republican southern staten island is, I can't think of too many other suburban areas where Trump got 75% of the vote. The only other areas are really in the deep south where white voting is that polarized that close to a city.

The only areas in a non southern state for a larger metro is just maybe parts of Washington county Wisconsin,southern Indianapolis exurbs, and Western Hamilton county.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 04:00:23 PM »

Rose wins 52%-46%

Yep.  Remove the Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst area of Brooklyn (votes about 58% Dem) and substitute in Soho and East Village in Manhattan (vote around 90% Dem).  Republicans would need to win Staten Island with a around 63% of the vote to win the district.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 04:02:12 PM »

Rose wins 52%-46%

Yep.  Remove the Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst area of Brooklyn (votes about 58% Dem) and substitute in Soho and East Village in Manhattan (vote around 90% Dem).  Republicans would need to win Staten Island with a around 63% of the vote to win the district.
Even that is unnecessary. Just run it up into Park Slope.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 04:06:16 PM »

Should note that RV is Rose +1, but LV model is heavily GOP.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2020, 05:54:03 PM by #proudtikitorchmarcher »

0 chance this district goes to Manhattan. Manhattan is also overstreched with rep numbers. Rather Rose takes in the super woke hipsters in Brooklyn next to Manhattan.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2020, 04:39:49 PM by Storr »

0 chance this district goes to Manhattan. Manhattan is also overstreched with rep numbers. Rather Rose takes in the super woke hipsters in Brooklyn next to Manhattan.
Plus Rose is from Brooklyn, so I'd assume if the district has to expand, he'd want it to do so there.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2020, 04:40:08 PM »

Plus Rose is from Brooklyn, so I'd assume if the district has to expand, he'd want it to grow in Brooklyn.
Tbh I always found the "Staten-hattan" district idea to be kind of affront from a geographic perspective as well.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »

Plus Rose is from Brooklyn, so I'd assume if the district has to expand, he'd want it to grow in Brooklyn.
Tbh I always found the "Staten-hattan" district idea to be kind of affront from a geographic perspective as well.

The district was actually Staten Island and Lower Manhattan, plus Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, before redistricting in 1982. Guy Molinari flipped it in 1980 after the previous incumbent got caught in Abscam, and then it got shifted to Brooklyn to presumably shore him up.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:15 PM »

Rose will win if he’s outpolling Biden by 5%.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies