Harvard Youth Poll: Biden +38/+39
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:31:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harvard Youth Poll: Biden +38/+39
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harvard Youth Poll: Biden +38/+39  (Read 781 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2020, 07:40:18 AM »

Sept 23-Oct 11, 1288 LV

Biden 63%
Trump 25%
Jorgensen 4%
Hawkins 2%
Other 1%
Don’t know 6%

Two-way race
Biden 65%
Trump 26%
Already voted 3rd party 1%
Don’t know 6%
Wouldn’t vote 1%

Generic ballot: 64-35 Democrat

Trump approval: 27/73 (-46)

Favorabilities:
Biden: 56/41 (+15)
Trump: 27/70 (-43)

https://iop.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/content/Fall%202020%20Harvard%20Youth%20Poll%20topline.pdf
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »

Before LV screen, was 52-28.

Was roughly 54-37 Clinton (different cohort, of course).
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:51:10 PM »

There seems to a Biden/down ballot GOP or no commited president Ally/downballot GOP among the youth. Trump is 26 but GOP is 35
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »

But Insider Advantage says Trump will win this cohort plus older Millennials in PA!
Yoda
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:53:45 PM »

For today's youth, "Republican Party" and "trump" will be synonymous likely for the rest of their lives. It will be like South Florida Cubans and Castro.

Lindsay Graham's timeless prediction-tweet that republicans will be destroyed if they nominate trump - "and we will deserve it" - will fulfill itself eventually. A matter of time only it is.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 11:46:57 PM »

For today's youth, "Republican Party" and "trump" will be synonymous likely for the rest of their lives. It will be like South Florida Cubans and Castro.

Lindsay Graham's timeless prediction-tweet that republicans will be destroyed if they nominate trump - "and we will deserve it" - will fulfill itself eventually. A matter of time only it is.

For folks like me under 35, our only exposure to GOP leadership has been Dubya & Trump (+ McConnell). If that doesn't leave a permanent stain on multiple generations of voters, I don't know what to tell ya
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 11:58:03 PM »

I feel old that I am no longer eligible to be a part of this poll.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 12:30:28 AM »

For folks like me under 35, our only exposure to GOP leadership has been Dubya & Trump (+ McConnell). If that doesn't leave a permanent stain on multiple generations of voters, I don't know what to tell ya

Hard agree. I'm not far ahead of you at 38 and I am the same. Bush was installed as President when I was 18, I watched the 2000 Florida fiasco play out in my dorm room. My adult life in political terms has consisted of the stolen/illegitimate bush presidency that gave us the Iraq war and the great recession, the Obama Presidency being fought tooth and nail by cynical republicans in congress willing to hurt the country if it meant hurting Obama politically, and the treasonous and incompetent trump crime family currently occupying the White House.

At some point it's going to dawn on republicans that a voter in the next Prez election will have to be 54 years old to remember anything about Reagan, and the vast majority of the electorate 40 and below sees red whenever a trump-supporting politician speaks.

Their response to this realization will be more voter suppression.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 07:04:17 AM »

I feel old that I am no longer eligible to be a part of this poll.

Shut up old man. Go to your retirement home!
indietraveler

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 07:36:50 AM »

Hard agree. I'm not far ahead of you at 38 and I am the same. Bush was installed as President when I was 18, I watched the 2000 Florida fiasco play out in my dorm room. My adult life in political terms has consisted of the stolen/illegitimate bush presidency that gave us the Iraq war and the great recession, the Obama Presidency being fought tooth and nail by cynical republicans in congress willing to hurt the country if it meant hurting Obama politically, and the treasonous and incompetent trump crime family currently occupying the White House.

At some point it's going to dawn on republicans that a voter in the next Prez election will have to be 54 years old to remember anything about Reagan, and the vast majority of the electorate 40 and below sees red whenever a trump-supporting politician speaks.

Their response to this realization will be more voter suppression.

This and this. My first political memories of any kind are of Clinton's 2nd term.

I only know the republican party as incompetent and racist. It's also cute when hardcore conservatives my age try to point to the party's "fiscal responsibility."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies