HB 26-19: Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:28:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 26-19: Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 26-19: Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act (Failed)  (Read 3718 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: October 26, 2020, 02:33:26 AM »

Lol you want to ban Bigmouth?

I'll be first on the barricades to stop this attack on our TV programs with a 100% rating on rotten Tomato.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »

If y’all are serious about solving human trafficking, figure out how to enforce better instead of just jacking up the penalties. And even that is probably handled better at the regional/local level

Yes why are some people pretending as if there aren't existing laws that cover this?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »

You do know this bill as written would impose extremely strict censorship measures on films & TVs?

Are we really going to ban people reading books like the Colour Purple in school?

I'm going to say publicly what I've thought privately (I try and refrain from running over to the House to step on colleagues business) but in my view some bad bills are worth amending & saving.

Some are much better to ditch, vote down and then re-draft across party lines to actually focus on the issues. This bill falls into the latter category & if it comes to the Senate I won't be supporting it.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »

I say this with love to my colleagues in the House but this bill as the Vice President notes has been on the floor for a while now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies