Is "cultural marxist" the new word for "SJW?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:10:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is "cultural marxist" the new word for "SJW?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is "cultural marxist" the new word for "SJW?"  (Read 2175 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 01:31:20 AM »

It basically means any white person who doesn't hates black his own people.

FTFY

Please tell us more about self-hating white people.
We call them Atlas posters.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 09:30:28 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2021, 09:41:26 AM by Away, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe! »

I was thinking some more about this and, while I still don't agree with it, I can sort of see an argument for the phrase "cultural Marxist" if it's used to communicate the idea that "SJWs" apply the ideas of inevitable conflict and a reductionist base/superstructure model to race and culture the way Marxists do to class. But that's not how the term is actually used, not least since by this definition the identitarian right is guilty as hell of "cultural Marxism" too, so as actually used it's worse than useless.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 11:53:01 AM »

From my limited understanding, "SJW" is a pejorative label meant to describe what is seen as whacky behavior on social issues that is laughably outside of the mainstream ... Cultural Marxism is a literally defined strategy to change the fundamentals of American society and reshape it into some weird, postmodernist utopia, mainly getting its comparison to "Marxism" from the TYPE of effect it would have rather than an explicit connection to "the left."  Maybe I'm totally missing it or adding in my own "mainstream" understanding and POV to something that is too weird for me to comprehend or care to learn more about, haha.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 11:09:32 PM »

I've thought about this and the new term I'd like to see used is "Tribalist Left". SJW and woke are too much of a deliberate pejorative and cultural marxist confuses people. When people complain about identity politics they're really complaining about tribalism. All politics is on a certain level identity politics, you're always going to be campaigning to different constituencies. Tribalism is when you decide you only care about x and y groups and everyone else can go f*** themselves. Even more so when it becomes your active goal to hurt the outside groups and not just lift up your own. This is pretty much this strand of the left in a nutshell. They care about minorities and a small cadre of sufficiently like minded white people and that's it.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2021, 04:49:05 PM »

Cultural marxists are much worse than SJWs, I can testify. You need to have driends obsessed with the philosophers of the Frankfurt School to realize. Horkheimer, Adorno and all that bunch. Vade Retro

Explain?

Cultural Marxism is dedicated to ENDING Christianity. In fact, Christendom is the ONLY THING standing against marxism, globalism, or communism.

Of course, of course. Some of my cultural marxist friends are cstholic, too. They like Pope Francis and the Liberation Theology. Cultural Marxism is a nightmare!

Rosethecommie
Rookie
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 10:41:27 PM »

Both words are stereotypes of leftists created by the right as a way to spread a certain kind of rhetoric. And both are incorrect and stupid. Cultural marxism isn’t a thing, marxism is a philosophy not a “culture.”
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 08:28:01 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2021, 08:39:24 PM by The Daily Beagle »

All Cultural Marxism is or at least was but a critique on how capitalism hurts traditional values and culture.

I think what a lot of people are talking here is what Fascists called "Cultural Bolshevism" and the first iteration of the charge was an allegation that Jews were trying to undermine traditional society so that Jews would be able to seek power as the rest of society destabilizes and looks to them as the sole glue. Nationalists and Fundamentalists now use the term "Cultural Marxism" to describe any policy or trend that doesn't align to their platform when they really mean "Cultural Bolshevism" and many of them are in fact Cultural Marxism.

SJW is just a term used to describe social issue motivated Democrats who act like complete jackasses or take unreasonably left-wing social positions on the internet, at work, and at school. This is especially the case when their advocacy of civil rights ultimately advocates for an abridgement of civil liberties.

So "Cultural Marxism" is a term to describe various (((conspiracy theories))) that nationalists, traditionalists, and fundamentalists have and SJW is a term to describe people... oh for example.. a student who lied at my university by saying a Republican student threatened to rape her over being a Democrat or PC Principal from South Park but even he eventually became reasonable.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies