Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:29:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 100274 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: October 26, 2020, 11:30:13 AM »

Word from the wise: If you live in a red state, don't tell anyone you voted for Biden. Not even if they're family. Not even if you think they're sympathetic. Not even once.

You can literally see in their eyes them adding your name to their little mental list of people to rat on when the roundups start.

I too was surprised how rabidly anti-Biden my home county is. I thought Biden was the most milquetoast and inoffensive nominee who ever existed, but the sound of his name made people see red. Rivals the anger I've seen towards Trump on the Internet.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 05:05:21 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Amazing how a couple of successful sales can turn your mood around on a dime.

Glad to hear you'll be sticking around delaying our exodus. Praying for some trickle down on your efforts.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 08:30:27 AM »

[youtube]

Blake Shelton - Honey Bee

Remember when country music was still good?

My goodness, I forgot this song existed. 😍 The last great mainstream country song. (I see the next year had Let It Rain, Woman Like You and Springsteen and Chris Young was still pumping out neo-trad songs but point stands.) It seems like only Eric Church has been able to put a decent song on radio since that time...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 07:56:37 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2020, 08:18:42 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Blake Shelton is the reason it's so bad for the last decade (though certainly not the only one). The first half of his career was still pretty brilliant. He keeps getting played even though he hasn't released a good song since that point. Obviously Stapleton is superior. But that's not what hits radio. (Childers is even better yet!)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 08:32:00 PM »

My dumbass f**king coworker showed up to work yesterday with COVID. She knew she was symptomatic, she knew her family tested positive, and she showed up to work with the rona anyway.

I'm as thrilled as you can imagine.

Most employers in this area suddenly changed their policy in the last week to make this the norm/expectation. Which is ridiculous from the perspective that people deserve legitimate sick time. May be shocking to hear that this includes a medical facility.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 02:40:57 PM »

MD: I can't believe the kind of people we're hiring these days. 2 years ago they never would've gotten a sniff. If you want any of them fired, let me know.

We're not in a position to fire people, but I did get one pawned off into another practice. He's someone else's problem now. It's completely unbelievable.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 01:02:32 AM »

All four of my takeout meals this work week have been the incorrect order. A little frustrating because it's a fine line between getting what I'm paying for and not getting anyone in trouble, but these are severe mistakes to computer submitted orders...

Burnout is definitely real in retail. I excused the most severe one as a clearly hectic kitchen during lunch rush, but then 3 pm lunch nearly ruined even worse today when I'm the only one in the store.

Hopefully just a blip and not a look into the future competing forces we have to choose between.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 06:27:00 PM »

SMH, back to having significant mental health incidents halting mass. But since I am no longer attending at the Cathedral, there is no huge bouncer to put a stop to it. The tiniest usher in the world had to try and stop a giant.

Afterwards we had to be given a lesson in de-escalation tactics and reminding all of us that we can be the one to call the emergency services rather than an explicit chain of command.

Wanted to attend a neighborhood church until you are really in a scary position like that.

Greatest country in the world, etc., etc.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 11:11:29 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2022, 11:25:57 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Good luck, Cody, and good goal setting - I hope you will your way to execute. A lot of relatable stuff in there. 'Inertia' is an interesting one that I've only just realized is a problem for me. I have basically no ability to will myself up in the morning for work especially when I've been going at a still incomplete personal task, but once I do, I'll work 12 hours straight and ignore my other tasks.

The clock may be ticking, but I think most people feel that way through their 20s and may not get their real start until nearly 30. I think you have a big mulligan given the last two years. I also think the work experience you did have in place of it is a great life experience for a short-term period, although I recognize it may be less than ideal.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 06:17:06 PM »

A caravan of approximately 1-2k dirt bikers and ATVs in balaclavas just caravanned down Lancaster Ave on the streets and sidewalks for over 20 minutes, with remnants still trickling down.

Most urban IRL friends are sympathetic to my calls to make this a capital crime but think that is just a bit too extreme and force me to compromise down to felony.

However, for the first time I met dozens of people who take an even more extreme position than me in the suburbs. Getting up in cops faces, begging them to open fire or do something. One man came out in the middle of the intersection waving his handgun.

Every piece of new information pushes me closer and closer to leaving this country. If any place has a sliver of hope if fighting back, it would be the Main Line.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2023, 06:24:15 PM »

As part of today's move, the two movers that came moved less than 25 percent of my stuff out despite being given 3 months notice of the (overstated) inventory. At the four hour mark, they just walked off despite me doing half of the heavy lifting. They said they could work another two hours but didn't really want to. And they self selected virtually only the lightest/cheapest stuff to move out, even though I was queueing up the key items.

Thankfully my landlord sympathized and gave a few more days to move.

For the first time, I feel like zero tip is warranted. Maybe the landlord should get it. Landlords 1, Labor 0. Sick losers leave me high and dry, like I wouldn't take care of them. Hope to never go through this again.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 12:36:03 PM »

Honestly contemplating purchasing a one way ticket to Nepal, Laos, Vietnam or the Leh region of India. I just cannot do the 9 to 5 life and live a normal pointless suburban life. How do people do this day and day again? The only reason I even picked those regions is that I could live off the monthly interest in my brokerage account. Just cannot fathom another month of this nonsense

Amen, brother. Not a day goes by when I don't have this thought. I cannot believe suburbs are legal, or how anyone could find them to be a worthwhile existence. Hope you start living the dream and I can join you in a couple years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies