Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:03:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 94
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 100363 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: March 20, 2023, 11:44:03 AM »

Istanbul layover. The city and surrounding area are breathtaking from the air, but I don't have the energy to be awed by 2,500 years of history, so I'm glad I'm skipping it and saving it for next year--when one or two of the Turkish friends I made at the volunteer camp will hopefully be back.
The Turkish Airlines layover tours are actually not that bad, especially considering they take care of one of the most painful elements of Istanbul airport, which is ground transportation to the city. (that and the enormous walking distances and the fact that most doors to the terminal are never open) I got my first taste of Istanbul on an overnight layover ~12 years ago and it made me desperate to go back.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1901 on: March 20, 2023, 06:29:43 PM »

Emerson has Biden down 3 only FL, NC, AZ, NV Lean D and SC is replacing IA as a Swing state TX is not in play
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1902 on: March 21, 2023, 04:33:31 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 04:55:06 AM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

I'll be trying to find workarounds starting this afternoon when my contacts in the US are finally awake, but it looks like aspects of the AmeriCorps documentation and paperwork will require my presence back in the States within only a few days. As such, as sad as I am to say it, I've already found a likely Turkish Airlines flight from Pristina back to Detroit via Istanbul and JFK for tomorrow morning. I had hoped to at least grab a few days in Montenegro before returning, if not squeezing in a whole 'nother volunteer experience and seeing a few friends on the return journey.  Cry This is only my second trip abroad, but I've gotten used to the idea that I can pick and choose destinations based on interest and available cash reserves, and given the real lack of vacation days with AmeriCorps it'll be my last time in a foreign country until about a year from now or later.
Sad to hear.
But don't be sad it ended, be happy it happened. I hope you enjoyed it all.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1903 on: March 21, 2023, 10:13:19 PM »

The first of three flights ferrying me back to the US takes off in 47 minutes.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1904 on: March 21, 2023, 11:00:05 PM »

You're coming home in pieces?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1905 on: March 22, 2023, 03:16:58 AM »

You're coming home in pieces?

Emotionally, yes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1906 on: March 23, 2023, 09:54:23 AM »

Home.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1907 on: March 23, 2023, 10:19:26 AM »

Sorry RS it's a landslide for Trump in the primary and landslide for Biden in 24 because DeSantis is a better fit

That's why SN and MT Treasure are missing Trump is gonna be the Nomination
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1908 on: March 23, 2023, 05:45:15 PM »

Shockingly good reception out in the middle of BF Nevada. Terrible weather though. Snow, wind, and hail. That then creates a lot of mud. Spent half of yesterday getting a truck unstuck. I’ve seen some birds though, so that’s nice. Not very good photos though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1909 on: March 24, 2023, 02:59:31 AM »

As I said o. A previous thread it's called voting we can get 426 not just 303 because our votes override any ratings or Polls and 22 was a MIDTERM anyways

So RS think we can't win both the S and the H we had 59 S and 255 H seats already when was the last time RS got close to 59 seats in 1998 during the height of Lewinsky era a very long time ago
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1910 on: March 30, 2023, 12:05:19 PM »

So uh, like I said on Discord, whiskey talks a lot but says very little. If you were offended by anything I said last night, I sincerely apologize and take full responsibility for my actions.

(NCC and Mercenary are both massive HPs though so I don't care as much about them.)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1911 on: March 31, 2023, 06:24:15 PM »

As part of today's move, the two movers that came moved less than 25 percent of my stuff out despite being given 3 months notice of the (overstated) inventory. At the four hour mark, they just walked off despite me doing half of the heavy lifting. They said they could work another two hours but didn't really want to. And they self selected virtually only the lightest/cheapest stuff to move out, even though I was queueing up the key items.

Thankfully my landlord sympathized and gave a few more days to move.

For the first time, I feel like zero tip is warranted. Maybe the landlord should get it. Landlords 1, Labor 0. Sick losers leave me high and dry, like I wouldn't take care of them. Hope to never go through this again.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1912 on: April 01, 2023, 08:52:03 AM »

Usajobs.gov at it again with refusing to save resume changes...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1913 on: April 01, 2023, 12:15:43 PM »

𐐸𐐌!  𐐜𐐮𐑅 𐐈𐑊𐑁𐐲𐐺𐐯𐐻 𐐮𐑆 𐐉𐑅𐐲𐑋!
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1914 on: April 02, 2023, 05:32:03 PM »

I was in Genoa today, I met with a friend and we explored various parts of the city I'd never been to. The D'Albertis Castle is amazing and in many ways such a beautifully representative landmark, I regret never having been before.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1915 on: April 02, 2023, 11:11:26 PM »

Trump with this Indictment is not getting off Scott Free on the misdemeanor charge which will make him a convict, he will get two yrs on an ankle bracelet, GA we know Trump isn't gonna get charged a no idea since they won't release info on Hunter Biden on Docugate and J6
They got home on 30 counts on tax evasion

There is a theory out there that they don't want to make Trump a felon because he can still be civilly charged and if he is jail he can't pay off his assets, of course the sons can do it but they don't want Trump in prison and ankle bracelet for 2 yrs is surfice
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1916 on: April 03, 2023, 06:24:53 PM »

I'm finally getting around to planning out my crash-and-camp trip to California for work. As usual, my indecisiveness works against me, but my choices have been substantially hemmed down by the fact that most mountain campsites don't open until mid-May, when I should be starting my job. I've been using recreation.gov to find campsites, which limits my selection but provides some clarity. The potential route to Washington and then down into Oregon is delayed by a site opening date, but that might be circumvented by using the private sector. The other route has me in Utah so far... not sure where I'd go from there since Nevada wasn't really on my list and it looks like quite the desert to cross.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #1917 on: April 03, 2023, 09:25:44 PM »

Well I am feeling sick and gross af with a nasty cold. I slept from 4 pm yesterday to 8 am today lmao. Somehow powered through my day on ibuprofen and pineapple juice, and getting to spend most of it with my sweet bf Smiley Speaking of, he got accepted into the accelerated Master's program at school!! I am incredibly happy and proud of him Purple heart Everyone keep your fingers crossed I feel better by the end of the week when I have 2 concerts and then get on a flight that same night to Quebec for work lmao
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1918 on: April 04, 2023, 06:00:35 PM »

Developing a Yugoslavia obsession. Probably because Russophone countries are at the very least a bit farther away, and for many, political issues aside, going into them means you're quite far from much else. The Adriatic coast is also supposed to be quite beautiful... In any case, this is leading me to consider some unwise choices, like trying to do first- or second-year BCS via ASU, but based in Sarajevo, in summer '24 as prelude to a far more extensive Balkans trip (something in which a few friends have voice interest). It's a big shame this is all entirely unrelated to job stuff, since for that, Russian, Ukrainian, and Polish will all be more useful.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1919 on: April 04, 2023, 10:22:08 PM »

Janet Protesiewicz win, another wrong PRED by UWS
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1920 on: April 07, 2023, 08:22:48 PM »

u know, the lamestream media doesnt get it, but Michael Bay is the greatest director of all time bcuz unlike all the commie directors in Hollywood, his films are visual masterpieces that focus on redemption and fulfilling duty to God & country
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1921 on: April 09, 2023, 10:16:46 AM »

My new favourite hobby is watching Televisión de Galicia (TVG). The Galician language is really awesome and it is very nice that there is a public television channel entirely in it.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1922 on: April 09, 2023, 12:24:13 PM »

new jersey mikes opened up down the road from my house

life is good
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1923 on: April 16, 2023, 04:25:49 AM »

Yesterday I went to Florence with my friend, we had lunch at an Armenian restaurant (cue Cath and Crumpets) and finally visited the Cathedral, though unfortunately the absurd queues make the latter a sort of miserable experience as beautiful as it is. San Miniato al Monte, on the other hand, spares itself unreasonable hordes with One Weird Trick (being on top of a hill on the other side of the city), and keeps being my favourite gem there.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1924 on: April 17, 2023, 08:32:49 PM »

Had dinner and a drink with a fellow Detroit-based Russian student I know through my tutor and Wayne State. It was immensely refreshing to discuss our shared passion and, after comparing it to other Slavic languages, affirm that Russian is superior but that BCS is pretty interesting. We went to a Bosnian restaurant, so it was also nice to have some kebab.  Cheesy

This is following some meetings/hangouts last week with a few Muscovites that were in Detroit on a State Department exchange. Been a pretty cool return to Michigan despite being a jobless bum. Leaving on Friday for FEMA Corps in Sacramento.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies