Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:53:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 102558 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: July 16, 2021, 10:00:41 AM »

Not creating and extra thread for this... but this shall be my last post for about 2 weeks. My wife and I will do a roadtrip through CA and into AZ and NV. We will spend some days in Las Vegas and later near Lake Tahoe for hiking and perhaps swimming. We haven't exactly planned a return date; I'm off work for the rest of July and will return towards the end of July or early August. Wishing anyone a great time.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #726 on: July 16, 2021, 04:49:15 PM »

Can someone teach me how to speak Zoomer?
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #727 on: July 17, 2021, 10:15:10 AM »

I had the enlightening experience of visiting an anti-vaccine protest in La Rochelle today. The experience was somewhat surreal: they were chanting random slogans and spent half the time congratulating each other for turning up. I felt I was in America - at one point they started shouting “FREEDOM! FREEDOM! FREEDOM!” and at the end they sung the national anthem. Several people were waving flags. There were also some amusing placards, including but not limited to:

“I am not a sheep” (je ne suis pas un mouton)
“Vaccine passports - 1789” (a bit like Trumpians and 1776)
“When will Macronavirus end?” (Macronavirus - à quand la fin?)

“Gouverne
Ment” (you have to understand the French to get this pun - splitting the word “government” into “gouverne” and “lying.”)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #728 on: July 17, 2021, 11:55:11 AM »

Can someone teach me how to speak Zoomer?

I am a Zoomer and I am proud of not speaking the language.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #729 on: July 19, 2021, 09:33:13 AM »

Well, today was quite an exciting day. I had doubts over whether there was a chance of a friend of mine having given me covid or not, so yesterday I booked an appointment for a covid test for this morning. The only issue was, the only place I was able to find to make an appointment was all the way on the other end of the island, in the touristy areas (about a 40 minute, 50km drive)

Get in my car, drive to the hospital. Full of German tourists performing tests to get back home, and myself. Did the quick antigen test (I needed the results asap), and tested negative thankfully.

To make the trip worthwhile I decided to head to a nearby beach and spent about an hour there swimming and what not. The sun was shining and the day was rather hot.

After that I had my appointment for the covid vaccine, which I finally got today (Moderna). But not without first waiting for 1 hour in a parking lot with no shade Tongue

Overall quite an active day and I still have to do a couple things this afternoon!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #730 on: July 19, 2021, 08:56:50 PM »

sad
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #731 on: July 19, 2021, 08:58:13 PM »

hillgoose why
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #732 on: July 19, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »

I have now been contributing to this accursed blog for one whole year.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #733 on: July 20, 2021, 10:16:22 PM »

things are bad

hopeless times inside
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #734 on: July 21, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »

Well I just got a promotion and I reconnected with an old friend, life is good.

Keep trying y’all, your effort is worth it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #735 on: July 21, 2021, 02:08:11 PM »

Got my second Pfizer dose today. Already sore on account of the pharmacist just jamming the needle in (more care was applied the first time) so hopefully someone can tell me if I should be concerned about it not having been applied properly, or if this will worsen the side effects.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #736 on: July 21, 2021, 09:05:48 PM »

This is my 10,000th post on this blog. I have been posting for going on three years now. For those who see this, know it is too late to save me, but it is not too late to save yourself.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #737 on: July 21, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »

Got my second Pfizer dose today. Already sore on account of the pharmacist just jamming the needle in (more care was applied the first time) so hopefully someone can tell me if I should be concerned about it not having been applied properly, or if this will worsen the side effects.

It will probably be more sore but it should be fine. My first dose I had a mild reaction and there was a lady there who took my blood pressure as a precaution, and she tried to do it on the arm where I had the shot before asking!! My first shot was much more sore than the second as a result.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #738 on: July 21, 2021, 09:53:17 PM »

It will probably be more sore but it should be fine. My first dose I had a mild reaction and there was a lady there who took my blood pressure as a precaution, and she tried to do it on the arm where I had the shot before asking!! My first shot was much more sore than the second as a result.

I can't even begin to imagine what that must've felt like. Fortunately it seems my arm isn't any more sore than last time, but the soreness did begin sooner. Hard to tell if I'm having any other side effects (the reported 'flu like symptoms' as I have chronic allergies.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #739 on: July 21, 2021, 11:00:04 PM »

My parents will be vacationing in the north coast of CA, and are leaving me at home with my annoying sister. So I will be posting here for longer than usual into the night.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: July 26, 2021, 07:51:59 PM »

depression returned with a vengeance in the last few months and it is kind of cocenrening

the therapist thing doesn't really help too much

they said i might have borderline disorder which i read about it and it scared me so i am trying to pretend it is not real

i feel like i live constantly on edge and what not too

i had extremely vivid and distrubring nightmares months ago that have me convinced ever since that there is a group that is coming after me to do horrible things to me

it's bad bad bad but also

i think things may be gin to improve soon

i thnik so

because at least in the last few days before today it began to feel better

today has not been as good

but more recently has been improving

anxiety that it will stop though and go back to bad
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #741 on: July 29, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »

Ok, my PM box is still open, and I'll be around @AAD, but I'm taking a break here.

I want post 25K to mean a little something, and anniversary numba' seven is not so far away, kill two birds with one stone, so I'm out until then...Auf Wiedersehen.

- LDS
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #742 on: July 29, 2021, 09:12:11 PM »

Let the news station channels fall to ruins, I don't like television anyway. Let smiles become ancient relics and let all the rays of sunlight be extinguished. Let the world collapse in upon itself. We can still survive. I am sure of it.

When they say you're free, you realize you never were free. There was a time, after you were dead, you'd be able to tell yourself you were free. Now that there's no past, no future, you can't say anything at all. It's all one, you're just a part of it.

They say you're free but all they really mean is: “You are my prisoner. You are my slave. I will own you.”

A man may find peace of mind when he accepts the fact he is doomed. In this case, he merely becomes a spectator of the end of his world.

The fact is, the world is not a place we can know, it is an unknown. When we think of the world we see it through the eyes of our self-identification with the limited perspectives of our five senses, the only frame of reference we have to it.

I am the universe, and the universe is me.

How did it start? Is the universe conscious? What about consciousness? Can we know anything of the past or future?

The Universe is a state of mind. If you are conscious enough, you become the universe.

What do you want from me? There is nothing I have. What do you offer me? There is nothing I need. You are my everything. Everything in me belongs to you.

The Universe is energy and information. The Universe is alive and it knows you.

In the beginning, there was pure energy which contained all of the information for a universe to unfold. The way we define a universe is as the pattern of energy with a beginning and an end.

Everything in the universe, the smallest atom to the most distant galaxy, is a node in an information network.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #743 on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:43 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2021, 12:24:58 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Trying my first-ever Jack Daniels and Christ I'm burpy. Not enjoying so far. Expect progress report if I'm still right in the head by the time I finish getting through this glass, should I manage.

But God am I gassy right now.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #744 on: July 30, 2021, 03:55:28 PM »

For some back story: I finally got my state ID after years of going through the bureaucracy and fixing my identity theft, so this summer I'm celebrating in style. I've never tried whiskey before, so I should be in for a real treat.

The banana flavor is interesting yet still pretty hard to down. And I've only had a few sips and can't stop hiccuping.

Cheers to new experiences, right?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #745 on: July 30, 2021, 04:47:31 PM »

Trying my first-ever Jack Daniel's and Christ I'm burpy. Not enjoying so far. Expect progress report if I'm still right in the head by the time I finish getting through this glass, should I manage.

But God am I gassy right now.

Drink it with Coca-Cola (not Pepsi) and quite a lot of ice.  American whiskey isn't meant to be drunk on its own like Scotch and Irish are.

Disclaimer: I've just finished a Jacks and Coke.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #746 on: July 30, 2021, 05:06:24 PM »

sweet jesus irish cream is the bee's knees
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #747 on: July 30, 2021, 05:24:16 PM »

Fernet Branca is better. 🇦🇷
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #748 on: July 30, 2021, 10:48:46 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2021, 12:19:27 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Update: I blacked out and am slightly disoriented.

Totally worth it. But drink your Jack Daniels the way it's intended to be - not through a glass.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #749 on: July 31, 2021, 12:21:58 AM »

To hell with your bitter devil's sauce. I demand a banana-tasting sweetness with a mix of oak when I'm killing my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies