Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:39:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 102056 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2021, 02:51:41 PM »

Spent Sunday noon today with cooking this awesome Greek meal for two; chicken with ricenoodles and vegetables (tomatoes, paprika, bunching onions, little garlic) from the oven. It's baked for 35 minutes in a vegetable broth and white wine. On top some yoghurt, which I put on ten minutes before baking time was finished. Finally some parsley on top and Greek feta.

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2021, 06:24:20 PM »

Going to volunteer for the May primary election. I signed up for the big general election but was too late. Probably for the best.

And I didn't dare to ask her who she voted for last year...

You already know. Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2021, 07:59:47 PM »

Going to volunteer for the May primary election. I signed up for the big general election but was too late. Probably for the best.

Elections inspector (which is paid and serves democracy regardless of the victor), or something icky and partisan?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2021, 09:04:17 PM »

Looks delicious! I'm actually bookmarking this post for when I'm able to actually cook again. Tongue
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #554 on: April 12, 2021, 08:31:06 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2021, 09:15:00 AM by Clarko95 📚💰🖥🗄📈 »

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do tech companies expect people in finance & accounting to use MacBooks!!!!!

None of the usual Excel keyboard shortcuts work. Everything is so unbearably counter-intuitive. I don't understand what any of the icons at the bottom of the screen mean!

MacBooks are fine for HR and tech and marketing but NOT for finance and accounting. Gah!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #555 on: April 12, 2021, 10:03:00 AM »

It's without any intention that this one, my 12,000th post, is exactly on my 6th anniversary of registering. On an April 12th. Lol.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #556 on: April 12, 2021, 11:31:56 AM »

I just got the reasoning behind the username of Atlas Forum's favorite user & elected official (besides the SD AG of course):

https://physics.aps.org/articles/v14/47
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #557 on: April 12, 2021, 02:47:42 PM »

Chatting with a Bosnian serbette about the ‘unfair maligning’ of Radovan Karadzic. Thank you god for he return of the pubs
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #558 on: April 12, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »

Elections inspector (which is paid and serves democracy regardless of the victor), or something icky and partisan?

Poll worker
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #559 on: April 12, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »

Owing to Battista and Cath stylishly modelling the avatars of ex-communist European nations, and some family heritage there, I have decided to sport a Latvia avatar. (Also, I think red and the shape of Latvia complement each other well.)

Obviously I don't have any family heritage in Slovenia instead, but I chose it as a neighbour of Italy I have been to, whose shape I like more and whose avatar is more unique than my previous one, the Vatican City. I opted for a restyling.
At this point, I’m committed to PE. I think I changed it a time or two to something other than PE to mock someone. I’m pretty sure I had L-RI for a week or two when Lincoln Chafee said he was going to run as a Libertarian. I do change PE to orange when it’s election season up North. Speaking of which, there is a partisan election in the Yukon tonight...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #560 on: April 13, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »

You know you are an Atlas poster when you see a video with muons being mentioned in the video title and you think of muon2.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2021, 12:35:35 PM »

I pass by this now every time I walk up the stairs to my room. You never really know what you're gonna find here.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »

At last the body has reunited with the that long-departed soul, yet I wish I had been there all the same.

Looks like I must sojourn back to the Bay sooner than I wanted.

RIP Old Lady Smith (1949-2021)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2021, 04:15:19 PM »

I've been taking a surprisingly long look at moving to Colorado, considering the bill that's making me consider moving out of NC will only theoretically affect me for nine months and, by the time I'm actually able to afford it, those nine months will be long past.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #564 on: April 15, 2021, 01:36:49 PM »

I love that there is so much sadness in the music industry, yet people care about so many things. The world isn’t quite like Dubliners: The Anime, but it is close. Everyone loves hockey, and people are always dancing on the street. People are always cheering for the Yankees, and people are always praying for the Super Bowl. People are always wanting to go to the beach, and you are encouraged to feel like your life is meaningless, yet at the same time everything in your life is precious. People also want to get away from their annoying roommates. It’s a never-ending cycle of unnecessary suffering. People ask me if I’m depressed because I can’t escape my roommates. Or they cry because their hair is falling out. It helps to imagine an Eighties pub crawl where Bjork plays the fiddle.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »

I got vaxxed, it was surprisingly unpleasant. My body wasn't quite prepared for getting any sort of vaxx. Still I survived, hope my arm doesn't get too sore and I have a better time of it for the second dose.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #566 on: April 16, 2021, 10:26:36 AM »

Got first Pfizer shot, very easy, and no line
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #567 on: April 20, 2021, 02:33:41 PM »

I've been accepted at a rather prestigious law school. Shan't say any more; I'm reaching a point where I really feel I should stop sharing personal info on this site.
JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #568 on: April 20, 2021, 06:09:59 PM »

I got my first Pfizer dose earlier today. It feels pretty good emotionally even though physically I'm very tired and my arm is still sore.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #569 on: April 20, 2021, 06:44:06 PM »

I've been accepted at a rather prestigious law school. Shan't say any more; I'm reaching a point where I really feel I should stop sharing personal info on this site.
have been in that situation and decided that no amount of professional consequences could stop me from Posting
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #570 on: April 20, 2021, 08:13:56 PM »

Well, the deed is done.

Ma Smith is truly out now, just finished the funeral services and after party. Tomorrow I return to Texas. It'll be nice to have normal chanin weather patterns and not the consistent consta-chill. No idea what Donerail, Rfayette, and other weirdos actually COMIN here were thinkin'.

She'll be missed, but the Smith clan are a resilient bunch.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2021, 11:58:15 AM »

Currently in the annual Solna SAP meeting to elect our ticket for the September 2022 municipal elections

the meeting began 28 minutes ago and we are still on the topic of changing your username on Zoom
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #572 on: April 21, 2021, 12:16:42 PM »

Bad 24 hours. Bad.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #573 on: April 21, 2021, 07:22:05 PM »

4,000th post Cool
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2021, 09:42:05 AM »

I think at any given time I have at least 2 or more website/programming projects going, but only in a theoretical sense. That is, I always "want" to work on it and get things done, and I rarely ever can seem to find the motivation to do it. I think I've been saying to myself that I'll work on the map generator on my day off for the past 2 months, and I never end up doing it. I try and remind myself several times a day and always find something else to do. At best I will get these extreme bursts of motivation once in a while that last for a month or two and then fade away for twice as long. They usually only come about when I find a novel project that interests me.

The reason I'm rambling about it is because for a while I've been pondering whether this is me trying to tell myself that I simply don't like doing that stuff and haven't for a long time, or whether I'm just chronically de-motivated outside of work. Part of me wonders that if I don't actually like any of it, why would I constantly be trying to get myself to work on it? I'm not lazy, I end up doing other things (productive or not), but what is it about programming that is so difficult to engage in? My best guess is that I like the idea of it but it feels too much like unsatisfying work and so I just avoid it like I would other things I find to be unimportant even if somewhat necessary.

I'd probably have already re-joined the industry and would be making a lot more money right now if I had an answer to this question. As it stands now, I feel like I would deeply resent the job after a year or two.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies