Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:31:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 102583 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: September 25, 2022, 03:03:27 PM »

Job search has begun. 7 applications so far and I've landed my first interview. It's a technical interview, not merely a screening interview.
Make that 2.

Still hoping to hear from the aerial firefighting outfit in Montana that's looking for someone to build a real-time online fire mapping interface.

Bro that's effing sick. Lmk how it goes since I may be looking for similar jobs (GIS/EM) out West on my return.
10 days out and heard nothing back. Indeed says over 100 people applied to that one position.

Cry
It's well known that actual firefighting jobs out west are stupidly competitive to get. Not surprised tangentially related jobs have the same thing going on. Being in Bozeangeles can't help either.

Bozeman is p sick tho. That's where my brother lives.
That's what I mean. Tons of people want to live there.

The job market is insane there too. When I was there a month ago, even the f**king Big O Tires was hiring at $25 an hour. If I wasn't 20 grand in debt I'd probably take it just to be in Montana.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1551 on: September 25, 2022, 03:04:49 PM »

Job search has begun. 7 applications so far and I've landed my first interview. It's a technical interview, not merely a screening interview.
Make that 2.

Still hoping to hear from the aerial firefighting outfit in Montana that's looking for someone to build a real-time online fire mapping interface.

Bro that's effing sick. Lmk how it goes since I may be looking for similar jobs (GIS/EM) out West on my return.
10 days out and heard nothing back. Indeed says over 100 people applied to that one position.

Cry
It's well known that actual firefighting jobs out west are stupidly competitive to get. Not surprised tangentially related jobs have the same thing going on. Being in Bozeangeles can't help either.

Bozeman is p sick tho. That's where my brother lives.

Bozeman is filled with nauseating people.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1552 on: September 25, 2022, 03:10:47 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2022, 03:23:52 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

6 weeks til EDay like Michael Moore I am ready for a Filibuster proof Senate and get reparations the H isn't yet decided, but the Senate is going D 52/55 seats but if we keep the H no more Filibuster

I already calculated it on order for the Rs to crack the Blue wall likey did in 2010/14 they will have to be leading in the GCB by 6, on 10/28 try he CGB was 48/42R this time it's 46/46 to withstand Early VOTING a Blue state Molinaro had an 8 pt lead and lost by 3 the Rs would need to be leading in WI, NV , PA, AZ and GA by 5 or more points to withstand Early voting and they're not the only person was Lake in a TRAFALGAR poll and Vance and Lee are finished too because they lead by such a tiny margin I bet we get at least 54 seats with Wzi, PA, OH and UT and 55 from NC or FL or IA, and Crist and Cunningham win and Abrams go to a Runoff

Why did Rs win by 48/42 in 2010/2014 and only tied not nearly enough to win because Obamacare was unpopular in 2010/14 we're in a Pandemic

It's over it's a 303 map with wave insurance what Biden needs to be reelected

Dems are sending me Ryan, Crist Demings and Beasley text and email messages some users said triage these states but Civiq poll came out showing Beasley ahead and Impact shows Ryan ahead those are D internals that's why they're not triaging red states

Impact showed McMillin tied with Lee some users discounted that
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1553 on: September 26, 2022, 02:13:54 PM »

First time eating Georgian food. This has decided it: I shall complete my Fulbright application for research in Tbilisi.

About 15 days left and I have to rewrite all my completed documents, whip up some fake "community engagement" plan, cajole a letter of affiliation, and get my three recommenders to submit their letters. Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1554 on: September 26, 2022, 03:08:51 PM »

No sign of Vaccinated Bear or Matty anywhere since that Adam Laxalt poll Laxalt plus 3 because Ryan and MCMILLAN and Bengs gonna win upsets😊😊😊

He who laughs has the last laugh I haven't had this much fun since Beshear won we are gonna win the EDay we should of won in 2020

We don't have D leads in NH or IA  Gov or KY or MO or OK Sen but if it's a blue wave those can break too 3rd tied states
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1555 on: September 28, 2022, 06:26:08 AM »

I may well be going to grad school in the Netherlands. Watch this space.

I think the cultural niche of "American expatriate" would suit me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1556 on: September 28, 2022, 12:25:05 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2022, 01:38:46 PM by Post-Soviet-Posting »

Met up with an American research Fulbrighter here in Armenia after work. She was incredibly helpful and I left the meeting feeling very confident that, if I put the time in, I can have an incredibly solid application; she seemed very impressed with my statement of grant purpose, though she is not really from a social sciences background. I've got two weeks. So long as my recommenders and host affiliation come through, this is doable.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1557 on: September 29, 2022, 12:15:09 PM »

Just realised I've had the L-UK avatar for more than six months now. I love it.

Looks cool, makes you part of an elite klan, makes it easier to talk to girls.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1558 on: September 29, 2022, 08:10:37 PM »

It's a Lyrica night. If my posts seem brash today, that's a side effect.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1559 on: September 30, 2022, 03:56:00 PM »

Wisdom teeth are now gone, currently in agonizing pain!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1560 on: October 02, 2022, 12:33:28 AM »

Recently found out that a traumatic event in extended family history is also apparently a fairly well-known British cold case and it’s very…strange to realize. Not really offended by it because apparently the family’s brought it up to the press now and then apparently, but still kinda weird to digest.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1561 on: October 02, 2022, 02:42:10 AM »

About a month into my experience in Yerevan and I am already being stricken by wanderlust. I fret not, a commitment of about 2.5 more months is nothing. But in my journey home, which is intended to have me back in Michigan by Christmas, I am afraid I may be tempted to delay my return in exchange for spending time in Bulgaria or Poland, where I have found some not-entirely-shady short-term volunteer opportunities.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1562 on: October 02, 2022, 09:43:09 AM »

About a month into my experience in Yerevan and I am already being stricken by wanderlust. I fret not, a commitment of about 2.5 more months is nothing. But in my journey home, which is intended to have me back in Michigan by Christmas, I am afraid I may be tempted to delay my return in exchange for spending time in Bulgaria or Poland, where I have found some not-entirely-shady short-term volunteer opportunities.

Cath, it seems that you lived in someone else’s dream
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1563 on: October 02, 2022, 09:46:32 AM »

Cath, it seems that you lived in someone else’s dream

Hmm?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1564 on: October 02, 2022, 01:41:03 PM »

realizing I can no longer measure my lifespan in teens made me age about 5 years in 5 seconds this morning.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #1565 on: October 02, 2022, 09:56:09 PM »

realizing I can no longer measure my lifespan in teens made me age about 5 years in 5 seconds this morning.
This is to say I am 20 now.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1566 on: October 02, 2022, 10:05:26 PM »

My condolences

happ birf
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1567 on: October 02, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »

lmao buckle up kiddo
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1568 on: October 03, 2022, 04:01:17 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2022, 04:06:02 AM by Post-Soviet-Posting »

I'll do ya one better. I found out earlier this year that, by the time I'm ready to apply, I will be too old to be eligible for many of the cooler AmeriCorps positions. Tongue On reading this, I thought to myself, "Ah, so this is the age at which interesting things stop happening to you."
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1569 on: October 03, 2022, 12:31:42 PM »

I just ate a "Fratelli d'Italia" sandwich.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: October 03, 2022, 06:34:25 PM »

All the polls in OH, NC FL are showing muxed results Sharpton said that Ds are gonna win on MSNBC because our Senate and Gov candidates especially in Midterm are stronger than H candidates to pay attention to Sen and Gov candidates not particularly the H
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1571 on: October 03, 2022, 08:10:44 PM »

Users decried after the Siena poll and Hurricane Ian that FL race was over here it is. Clarity DEMINGS and Rubio tied , I told ya we have to vote still, this race is far from DONE

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/560999-marco-rubio-val-demings-tied-according-to-progressive-pollsters/
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1572 on: October 05, 2022, 05:08:04 PM »

My dad got laid off today after nearly two decades. 10 months pay and severance + healthcare initial corporate offer. My mom is a lawyer and is talking with her employment lawyer friend, still very sad though.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1573 on: October 06, 2022, 06:33:56 AM »

My dad got laid off today after nearly two decades. 10 months pay and severance + healthcare initial corporate offer. My mom is a lawyer and is talking with her employment lawyer friend, still very sad though.

Hopefully you be changing your avatar to maroon now.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1574 on: October 06, 2022, 06:34:40 AM »

Hopefully you be changing your avatar to maroon now.

Why?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies