Black Philadelphia voters - HIT Strategies: Trump wins 11% of Black men, 3% of Black women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Black Philadelphia voters - HIT Strategies: Trump wins 11% of Black men, 3% of Black women
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Black Philadelphia voters - HIT Strategies: Trump wins 11% of Black men, 3% of Black women  (Read 1320 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »

“Earlier this month”, 540 voters

14 percent of Black men under 50 would vote for President Trump if they voted today

...11 percent of Black men would vote for Trump, versus 3 percent of Black women.

https://www.phillytrib.com/news/local_news/power-poll-shows-interesting-findings/article_dae261b1-2b5b-5b1e-93ad-06e7015f6786.html#/questions
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 03:17:49 PM »

It’s very interesting, but ultimately unsurprising that younger black men are more likely to vote Republican (albeit not by much) than their older peers.

I really do think the education and gender gaps will become the next big divides, especially as the Millennials and Gen Zers become more influential as they get older.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:18:42 PM »

So put together Trump probably gets like 5% or less, given black women vote at higher rates.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 03:22:59 PM »

So put together Trump probably gets like 5% or less, given black women vote at higher rates.

And the black vote is overwhelmingly older then pollsters think. That’s why Bernie was supposed to be leading with blacks and getting 25% of them in SC but he landed on 14%.

Trump def has gained with black men 18-30 but that’s really the only group (black women outgote black men 70-30) so yeah I’m guessing trump does 2% roughly better in black areas of Philly.

Most of it’s a dead cat bounce and due to the fact democrats simply have reached a limit
With blacks. But in the future it could be a problem for the democrats.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »

this is only like 7% to 8% or so
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »

Less then that considering black women out vote Black men heavily and the black electorate skews older then the white electorate (see Biden’s complete dominance over Bernie).

But that’s still an improvement from 2016. Trump got 1-2% in black urban districts this time I expect 3-4%.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »

Less then that considering black women out vote Black men heavily and the black electorate skews older then the white electorate (see Biden’s complete dominance over Bernie).

But that’s still an improvement from 2016. Trump got 1-2% in black urban districts this time I expect 3-4%.

% improvement, but I expect black turnout to be better in general then 2016.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 03:27:59 PM »

% improvement, but I expect black turnout to be better in general then 2016.

Yeah exacley. Black support for the GOP is much lower then exit polls say.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 03:39:40 PM »

Don't Republicans always poll significantly better with black men than black women? The gender gap seems to span all demographics.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 03:55:45 PM »

That sounds about right.

But Biden's gains with white women will completely usurp Trump's slight gains with non-white men.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »

Don't Republicans always poll significantly better with black men than black women? The gender gap seems to span all demographics.

That is correct.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 04:12:42 PM »

That is correct.

Same thing typically happens with Hispanics, but not to the same extent.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »

That's interesting. I expect his gains with black voters to be disproportionately Southern and rural but this would probably be a slight gain. There are a number of black Philadelphia precincts where Romney got zero votes.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »

That's interesting. I expect his gains with black voters to be disproportionately Southern and rural but this would probably be a slight gain. There are a number of black Philadelphia precincts where Romney got zero votes.
Trump in 2016 got 13% of Black male vote nationally and 4% of the Black female vote nationally.

I don't know how the vote broke down in Philadelphia in 2016.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 06:26:50 PM »

Trump in 2016 got 13% of Black male vote nationally and 4% of the Black female vote nationally.

I'm presuming it was significantly lower than the national averages based on what I know about Philadelphia.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 06:55:14 PM »

Based on precinct results he got 4-5% of the black vote. I’m guessing this time he gets 6 or 7.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 01:29:57 AM »

I'm presuming it was significantly lower than the national averages based on what I know about Philadelphia.

Likely so. But I'm expecting Trump to do worse among suburban black men this time (think Michael Steele) and better among urban and rural black men.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »

It is very interesting that Joe Biden according to numerous polls now might end up doing worse than Clinton with hispanics and no better than Clinton with black voters. So more or less the entire shift towards Biden should be coming from white voters. I'm a bit sceptical, honestly.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 12:37:56 PM »

It is very interesting that Joe Biden according to numerous polls now might end up doing worse than Clinton with hispanics and no better than Clinton with black voters. So more or less the entire shift towards Biden should be coming from white voters. I'm a bit sceptical, honestly.

Trump won 13% of black men in 2016, and 33% of latino men.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 06:07:25 PM »

Based on precinct results he got 4-5% of the black vote. I’m guessing this time he gets 6 or 7.

I buy the exit polls because it seems quite plausible that black people in majority white communities vote differently than those in majority black communities do.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 06:10:17 PM »

I buy the exit polls because it seems quite plausible that black people in majority white communities vote differently than those in majority black communities do.

majority white communities (in the south) the dem vote is correlated with black support.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 08:09:12 PM »

Likely so. But I'm expecting Trump to do worse among suburban black men this time (think Michael Steele) and better among urban and rural black men.

Michael Steele is a very specific person with very specific political interests. You shouldn't base your take on any group of people on his political behavior; he isn't acting that way because he's in that group (unless that group is TV pundits).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies