Do you actually care about anything?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:10:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you actually care about anything?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Politically speaking
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Do you actually care about anything?  (Read 1916 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »

I don't really care. I just do what makes me feel good. That's why I am sporting a yellow avatar.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »

I only care about owning the libs.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 06:10:22 PM »

I really only care about owning Le Drumpf. That's why I'm fine if the material conditions that led to Trump don't change and possibly get worse. As long as I can #vote and #resist with my good friends the Krassensteins on Twitter, that's all I need.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 06:11:09 PM »

Good answers guys, keep it up.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 06:18:41 PM »

I am learning from the troll master.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 06:34:53 PM »

A lot of my emotional energy gets drained, and is present in most of my analysis and replies in one way or another, in an open manner. That was why I took so long to stop my good-faith evangelizing until recently. That is why in some topics I would write such expansive walls of text. Of course with the primaries over, the #left not seen, and my own personal reputation in tatters—I’ve ceased caring that much in my presentation, my goodwill, and my punctuation— and I feel free for it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »

Yes, but at least this point I wish that government just existed in a way that maintained a strong safety net but otherwise left you alone and didn't ban 90% of the sh!t it has banned.

So I guess you could say I care very much about stomping the authoritarians both on the left and right. Smile
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 06:50:53 PM »

Meh, but why would you care?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »

no lmao i just wanna party, but this covid is ass brah :<
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »

I care about nuking the Democratic Party from orbit.  We need a new Teddy Roosevelt, not corporatists or communists.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 07:27:06 PM »

I don't really care. I just do what makes me feel good.

But that means you care about getting boosts of serotonin.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 07:40:28 PM »

I care about nuking the Democratic Party from orbit.  We need a new Teddy Roosevelt, not corporatists or communists.
well you're not gonna get that from the Dems but you're sure as hell not getting it from Trump
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 07:48:27 PM »

I care about nuking the Republican Party from orbit. We need a new Harry Truman, not idiots or fascists.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 08:11:42 PM »

well you're not gonna get that from the Dems but you're sure as hell not getting it from Trump

Duh, but 4 more years of Trump might just make the party collapse under its own mental instability.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 09:05:33 PM »

I really only care about owning Le Drumpf. That's why I'm fine if the material conditions that led to Trump don't change and possibly get worse. As long as I can #vote and #resist with my good friends the Krassensteins on Twitter, that's all I need.

This is like a step removed from the economic anxiety meme. The "material conditions" that led to Trump were racism, sexism, and xenophobia.
Saruku

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 09:12:58 PM »

This is like a step removed from the economic anxiety meme. The "material conditions" that led to Trump were racism, sexism, and xenophobia.
And what are the reasons why people have those views? Is it just inherent to who they are?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 09:13:12 PM »

Fascism always rises from times of terrible economic conditions. In America's case, one of the worst times of income inequality in the history of the modern world. The racism, sexism, and xenophobia are awful but that's what happens when stupid people don't understand why their lives suck and their ideology consists entirely of lashing out at who they get told to blame.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2020, 09:21:59 PM by Ferguson97 »

And what are the reasons why people have those views? Is it just inherent to who they are?

Racism is passed down through generations of hate.

This ridiculous notion that racists would stop being racists if we paid them enough money has no basis in reality.

The McCloskey lived in a wealthy home and were still violently racist. Trump was born to a billionaire and is still a massive racist.

Fascism always rises from times of terrible economic conditions. In America's case, one of the worst times of income inequality in the history of the modern world. The racism, sexism, and xenophobia are awful but that's what happens when stupid people don't understand why their lives suck and their ideology consists entirely of lashing out at who they get told to blame.

American has ALWAYS been extremely racist/sexist/xenophobic, so this notion that income inequality caused that is ridiculous.

Frankly, the claim that economic circumstances turns people racist is extremely classist.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 09:35:09 PM »

American has ALWAYS been extremely racist/sexist/xenophobic, so this notion that income inequality caused that is ridiculous.

Frankly, the claim that economic circumstances turns people racist is extremely classist.

Obviously. America was never great. But to pretend Donald Trump was an aberration in the fabric of the universe that will be fixed in January 2021 is astoundingly ignorant of history.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »

Obviously. America was never great. But to pretend Donald Trump was an aberration in the fabric of the universe that will be fixed in January 2021 is astoundingly ignorant of history.

I never said anything like that... don’t put words in my mouth.

We both agree Trump is a symptom, we just disagree what he’s a symptom of. You think it’s because of economic factors, I think it’s because of racism and culture issues.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 10:07:19 PM »

We both agree Trump is a symptom, we just disagree what he’s a symptom of. You think it’s because of economic factors, I think it’s because of racism and culture issues.

Racism and culture issues can't be decoupled from economic factors. LBJ said it best. Convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, and he won't notice you picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you.
Rich people don't really care about cultural issues. That's why Target sells BLM merch and literal cartoon villain Jeff Bezos gets an award from the HRC and calls the Seattle hockey rink the "Climate Pledge Arena" even though he himself is responsible for a substantial amount of pollution and waste. They're only useful as a way to divide the plebs. What they mostly care about is maximizing profit.

Plus, American education is uniquely unbalanced and creates people who don't think critically. The poor high schools basically exist to herd the students into the military. Even if the teachers at trying their best they aren't going to have the environment to really get the most thorough understandings of diverse perspectives that tear down the walls of bigotry.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »

Racism and culture issues can't be decoupled from economic factors. LBJ said it best. Convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, and he won't notice you picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you.
Rich people don't really care about cultural issues. That's why Target sells BLM merch and literal cartoon villain Jeff Bezos gets an award from the HRC and calls the Seattle hockey rink the "Climate Pledge Arena" even though he himself is responsible for a substantial amount of pollution and waste. They're only useful as a way to divide the plebs. What they mostly care about is maximizing profit.

Plus, American education is uniquely unbalanced and creates people who don't think critically. The poor high schools basically exist to herd the students into the military. Even if the teachers at trying their best they aren't going to have the environment to really get the most thorough understandings of diverse perspectives that tear down the walls of bigotry.

“Rich people don’t care about cultural issues” is probably the dumbest thing I ever heard
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »

“Rich people don’t care about cultural issues” is probably the dumbest thing I ever heard

Yeah, nice rebuttal. I'll just assume you were unable to address the rest of my comment or the background to illustrate that point. Good night.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »

I care about getting policies passed which favor the masses over the elites.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 02:18:31 AM »

I didn't know Stephen Miller, Richard Spencer, David Duke, Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani became racists because they were poor... They surely didn't just adopt it for popularity like George Wallace.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies