WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:19:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66112 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: December 07, 2020, 02:02:50 AM »

Hmm...

Tbf he might just be excited about replacing him.
He's a Baldwin stalker, he replaced her in the county board, state legislature and Congress whenever she moved up. He'll run for her senate seat when she runs for president.

Seriously though too left for a statewide candidate and terrible optics of running a Madison person
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 03:30:53 AM »

Hmm...

He's a Baldwin stalker, he replaced her in the county board, state legislature and Congress whenever she moved up. He'll run for her senate seat when she runs for president.

Seriously though too left for a statewide candidate and terrible optics of running a Madison person

There's no way Feingold Baldwin Pocan can win!  He's too liberal!  But seriously, if he runs he will probably be an underdog.
Feingold lost as much as I liked him and Baldwin has never been tested in a bad year for the democrats which 2022 will probably be. Wisconsin has changed since the days of Feingold, sadly a Madison liberal firebrand isn't winning it.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 04:48:23 AM »

Hmm...

There's no way Feingold Baldwin Pocan can win!  He's too liberal!  But seriously, if he runs he will probably be an underdog.
Feingold lost as much as I liked him and Baldwin has never been tested in a bad year for the democrats which 2022 will probably be. Wisconsin has changed since the days of Feingold, sadly a Madison liberal firebrand isn't winning it.

2022 isn't gonna be a bad yr unless Biden approvals hit 44 in 1962/1998/2002 when a Prez approvals were at 50 D's gained seats

I here this all the time, the reason why Trump lost seats in 2018 he was under 50 and has had a substained approval at 45 percent and Obama lost seats due to 11 percent Unemployment

As my maps indicate above, it's gonna be a base Election, not an R wave, except for IA

A generic D can beat Ron Johnson, don't forget Gary Johnson helped Ron Johnson and Pat Toomey narrowly win, Johnson didn't win on his own behalf,  Gary Johnson split the vote
How did he split the vote in a senate race ? Did he boost the libertarian candidate? In fact both of them got an absolute majority so vote splitting isn't why the dems lost.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/02/16/bucks-executive-alex-lasry-enters-u-s-senate-race-wisconsin/6769241002/

Bucks executive Alex Lasry has joined the race. I know it worked for Herb Kohl, but I have a feeling that if this guy wins the nomination, he'll turn out to be the Democratic version of Kelly Loeffler. Maybe he can self-fund, but as we saw in 2020, boatloads of cash only takes you so far. It'll be too easy to paint him as a spoiled rich carpetbagger.

Pls no more billionaires or sons of billionaires even the ones with a (D) next to their name

Mandela Barnes senpai please jump in
Herb Kohl was good, and Pritzer has proven surprisingly progressive. Warner has also been a decent senator and Delaney/Steyer have given us a lot of memes.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 07:53:11 PM »

Congratulations on winning back the Treasurer's office, Republicans.
The office literary has no power,duties and sh**t pay.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 04:37:41 AM »

Mandela Barnes the LT governor of the state followed me on twitter, perhaps he is hinting at a run for office by following key power-brokers in the state.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 05:32:16 AM »

People (whom we should not necessarily listen to) seem to be suggesting that Johnson's fundraising is proof that he's calling it quits, similar to Grassley.
He can self-fund, and if I was as rich as him I'd probably do that rather than spending my timne as a glorified phones salesman.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 07:29:21 AM »

why is the democratic field in this race so mute compared to the other big senate races?
Not many good canidates, all the mdoerates except Ron Kind have been gerrymandered out. Safe districts tend to produce politicans poorly suited for winning general elections.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 09:28:22 AM »

Will the Bucks Victory make any difference to this race given that their vice president Alex Lasryis running ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 11:50:10 PM »

I saw my first Alex Lasry TV ads this week. To sum it up: I built the new Bucks stadium with $15 union jobs, I’m progressive, and the Bucks won. I like social justice. Oh, also, Go Bucks.
Is it perusaive enough to people ? Also can you link me to the ad ? I have a friend who's a huge bucks fan and into elections and wanna send it to him .
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 07:10:22 PM »

Oh come on, this tthread is acting like he's a strong incumbent for ,winning in 2010 a republican wave year against a not particularly popular incumbent and holding on in 2016 when the democrats collapsed in the Midwest.

He's definitely favoured because of the national enviorment but no more than any generic republican. In fact probably less so given his term limit promise breaking opens him up to attacks of being a Washington creature as well as probably boosting liberal turnout a bit out of sheer hatred
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 02:16:10 AM »

The party coronating Barnes was stupid but I don't blame him for it. If somebody else had run and been able to beat him in the primary they probably could have scalped Ron John but it's not his fault that nobody was bold enough to do that and he gave the campaign his all.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 01:32:06 PM »

Democrats spent 60 million dollars in Wisconsin, Barnes wasn't triaged at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies