WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:33:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66799 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2020, 02:05:12 PM »

What are the odds of 2022 turning into a Republican 2018, and this seat goes the way of Bill Nelson?

All Dem Govs including Everrs and Fetterman should be reelected 🤗🤗🤗

Senate map 2022

Gov map 2022

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

Ron Kind and Mike Gallagher are both overrated. This is a Lean R race with virtually any halfway competent Republican against any Democrat.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »

What are the odds of 2022 turning into a Republican 2018, and this seat goes the way of Bill Nelson?

All Dem Govs including Everrs and Fetterman should be reelected 🤗🤗🤗

Senate map 2022

Gov map 2022

Lol at Democrats winning Iowa in a Biden midterm, and Kemp and DeSantis would lose if IA flipped
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 06:59:43 PM »

He's gonna be blanched by Tom Nelson in 2022

The King has spoken. Lock this thread
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »

Anyone remember "Taxin' Tom Nelson?" That was the ad Gallagher ran against him in 2016.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 03:39:01 PM »

Anyone remember "Taxin' Tom Nelson?" That was the ad Gallagher ran against him in 2016.

What about tax cut and oil subsidizies for the rich in the middle of a Pandemic, no one wanted the 2017/ tax cuts except Rs, which was a bust
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 05:12:25 PM »

The Democrats trying to run someone independently wealthy is so gd dumb, it's truly insane. It never works. It actively plays into their biggest problem: white working class voters who think they are the party of the elite. They'd do just about as well running Gwen Moore statewide as running some rando Fortune 500 heiress

I think Pocan or Kind are probably their best bets. In a time as polarized as our, the goal should be someone inoffensive to the base, lowkey, and capable of running a massive operation. I'd lean toward running Pocan because a Democrat will def replace him, while Kind could at least maybe hold that seat (probably not, I dk). I don't expect whoever they nominate to be able to win anyway though Lean R
sofaboi
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 05:50:51 PM »

I expect Ron Kind to run, since he is basically guaranteed to lose if he runs for another house term.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2020, 06:20:07 PM »

I expect Ron Kind to run, since he is basically guaranteed to lose if he runs for another house term.

There are going to be quite a few House refugees just shooting for statewide office, I suspect. Kind, Tim Ryan, maybe Mrvan and Cooper.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »

I'm guessing Ron Kind or Mark Pocan runs, and they'd definitely be better candidates. Both would definitely start out as underdogs, though, and Democrats would probably need this to be an atypical midterm to have a real shot here. Anyone who knows me know I'm no fan of Johnson, but he won't be easy to beat at all in a Democratic midterm.

Also, man, I miss Feingold.

I could see Dem leadership preferring a Greenfield-like candidate here rather than a sitting member of Congress - they won't want Kind vacating his seat in a Biden midterm, and Pocan vacating could create a crowded, messy primary in a seat that a squad-type could certainly win.

I don’t like the idea at all of taking people like Kind, Axne, and Finkenbuar out of swing House seats for a very uphill Senate run.

I also don’t like the idea of taking Katie Porter out of a swing House seat for Kamala Harris’ Senate seat as pretty much any Dem can win California without costing Dems a House seat (although I think they need to replace Harris with a woman of color).

Odds are, Kind, Axne, and Finkenauer are DOA in a Biden midterm anyway. If we're gonna lose their sets anyway, we might as well try and get a Senate seat out of it.

That strategy basically means Democrats are giving up on the House before the 2022 election even begins.

Welcome to atlas.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »

He’s got a better shot at winning his House seat than winning statewide, unless his district gets more Republican in redistricting.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2020, 10:27:12 PM »

Hmm...
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 12:39:41 AM »

Hmm...

Tbf he might just be excited about replacing him.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2020, 02:02:50 AM »

Hmm...

He's a Baldwin stalker, he replaced her in the county board, state legislature and Congress whenever she moved up. He'll run for her senate seat when she runs for president.

Seriously though too left for a statewide candidate and terrible optics of running a Madison person
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 03:18:54 AM »

Hmm...

He's a Baldwin stalker, he replaced her in the county board, state legislature and Congress whenever she moved up. He'll run for her senate seat when she runs for president.

Seriously though too left for a statewide candidate and terrible optics of running a Madison person

There's no way Feingold Baldwin Pocan can win!  He's too liberal!  But seriously, if he runs he will probably be an underdog.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2020, 03:30:53 AM »

Hmm...

There's no way Feingold Baldwin Pocan can win!  He's too liberal!  But seriously, if he runs he will probably be an underdog.
Feingold lost as much as I liked him and Baldwin has never been tested in a bad year for the democrats which 2022 will probably be. Wisconsin has changed since the days of Feingold, sadly a Madison liberal firebrand isn't winning it.
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 03:32:08 AM »

Hmm...

Feingold lost as much as I liked him and Baldwin has never been tested in a bad year for the democrats which 2022 will probably be. Wisconsin has changed since the days of Feingold, sadly a Madison liberal firebrand isn't winning it.

Doesn't hurt to dream.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2020, 04:28:34 AM »
« Edited: December 07, 2020, 04:32:22 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Hmm...

There's no way Feingold Baldwin Pocan can win!  He's too liberal!  But seriously, if he runs he will probably be an underdog.

2022 isn't gonna be a bad yr unless Biden approvals hit 44 in 1962/1998/2002 when a Prez approvals were at 50 D's gained seats

I here this all the time, the reason why Trump lost seats in 2018 he was under 50 and has had a substained approval at 45 percent and Obama lost seats due to 11 percent Unemployment

As my maps indicate above, it's gonna be a base Election, not an R wave, except for IA

A generic D can beat Ron Johnson, don't forget Gary Johnson helped Ron Johnson and Pat Toomey narrowly win, Johnson didn't win on his own behalf,  Gary Johnson split the vote
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2020, 04:48:23 AM »

Hmm...

There's no way Feingold Baldwin Pocan can win!  He's too liberal!  But seriously, if he runs he will probably be an underdog.

2022 isn't gonna be a bad yr unless Biden approvals hit 44 in 1962/1998/2002 when a Prez approvals were at 50 D's gained seats

I here this all the time, the reason why Trump lost seats in 2018 he was under 50 and has had a substained approval at 45 percent and Obama lost seats due to 11 percent Unemployment

As my maps indicate above, it's gonna be a base Election, not an R wave, except for IA

A generic D can beat Ron Johnson, don't forget Gary Johnson helped Ron Johnson and Pat Toomey narrowly win, Johnson didn't win on his own behalf,  Gary Johnson split the vote
How did he split the vote in a senate race ? Did he boost the libertarian candidate? In fact both of them got an absolute majority so vote splitting isn't why the dems lost.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »

Dems should nominate Ron Kind. he'll lose his house seat anyway.

Johnson appeals to the Neocons in the MKE Suburbs, while Ron Kind has incredible appeal to voters in the western part of the state. Kind could also attack Johnson on being a plutocrat who is out of touch, and run an Obama 2012-Esque campaign in WI. Either way, it'll be tight, and Johnson is a much weaker candidate for a working-class populist state like WI than Trump is, and Trump lost It anyway.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »

Johnson appeals to the Neocons in the MKE Suburbs, while Ron Kind has incredible appeal to voters in the western part of the state. Kind could also attack Johnson on being a plutocrat who is out of touch, and run an Obama 2012-Esque campaign in WI. Either way, it'll be tight, and Johnson is a much weaker candidate for a working-class populist state like WI than Trump is, and Trump lost It anyway.

That explains why Ron Johnson won Wisconsin by more than Trump in 2016
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 01:35:48 PM »

Feingold was a loser who ran a poor campaign.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 02:14:46 PM »

That explains why Feingold did better in the rural areas than Biden or Clinton.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »

That explains why Feingold did better in the rural areas than Biden or Clinton.

Ron Johnson and trump are completely different animals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies