WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66625 times)
walleye26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2021, 09:53:33 AM »

I think Ron Jon has seriously damaged himself now in places like De Pere, Neenah, and Greenfield. He’s blatant kissing up to Trump probably has hurt him in the inner ring Milwaukee burbs and Green Bay.

As for why Baldwin did pretty well in 2018, the main reason? She knows dairy issues really well. My in-laws live in Sheboygan County and there are multiple cheese plants in Calumet, Sheboygan, and Manitowoc Counties chalk full of deep red voters. Baldwin has always reached out to them to help and a lot of the farmers were truly grateful. Baldwin did really well in places like Plymouth (The Cheese Capital).
Catalunya
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2021, 10:40:22 AM »

I think Ron Jon has seriously damaged himself now in places like De Pere, Neenah, and Greenfield. He’s blatant kissing up to Trump probably has hurt him in the inner ring Milwaukee burbs and Green Bay.

As for why Baldwin did pretty well in 2018, the main reason? She knows dairy issues really well. My in-laws live in Sheboygan County and there are multiple cheese plants in Calumet, Sheboygan, and Manitowoc Counties chalk full of deep red voters. Baldwin has always reached out to them to help and a lot of the farmers were truly grateful. Baldwin did really well in places like Plymouth (The Cheese Capital).
Would you say the chance is above 50% that he would lose against a decent Democrat in a neutral environment (something between 2002 and 2018).
walleye26

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2021, 07:30:45 PM »

Possibly. There seems to be a shift recently among some of my friends who used to support him who now view him as a spineless slime ball.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2021, 05:01:14 PM »

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2021/1/19/wisconsin-voters-support-johnson-resignation

According to this poll, 60% of WI voters support replacing Ron Johnson. This seat, in my opinion, is still Likely R. After all, polls showed Thom Tillis to be just as hated, and he won re-election.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2021, 05:04:09 PM »

The poll is pretty old.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2021, 07:09:40 PM »

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2021/1/19/wisconsin-voters-support-johnson-resignation

According to this poll, 60% of WI voters support replacing Ron Johnson. This seat, in my opinion, is still Likely R. After all, polls showed Thom Tillis to be just as hated, and he won re-election.

Here we go again with WI Lean R,  again for the 100th time WI in a purple state, we won it in 2018/2020, with Baldwin and Biden. WI was won by Walker and Paul Ryan, they are retired
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2021, 12:27:19 AM »

Looks like it’s going to be a landslide for Senator-elect Replace Ron Johnson, folks!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2021, 04:31:00 AM »

Looks like it’s going to be a landslide for Senator-elect Replace Ron Johnson, folks!
No one said it's gonna be a landslide but the idea that Rs are hypocritical as they think Evers is too old to be Gov and he is the same age as Johnson and the idea that Biden is too old to be Prez and Trump can run in 2024 flies in the face of logic

Ron Johnson isn't Scott Walker or Paul Ryan and neither is Kevin Mccarthy. That's why so many Rs retired in 2018/ the R Majority is lost
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2021, 05:51:28 PM »

At 39% of republicans supporting replacement, I really don't see the poll meaning much.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2021, 04:05:48 AM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/02/16/bucks-executive-alex-lasry-enters-u-s-senate-race-wisconsin/6769241002/

Bucks executive Alex Lasry has joined the race. I know it worked for Herb Kohl, but I have a feeling that if this guy wins the nomination, he'll turn out to be the Democratic version of Kelly Loeffler. Maybe he can self-fund, but as we saw in 2020, boatloads of cash only takes you so far. It'll be too easy to paint him as a spoiled rich carpetbagger.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2021, 04:14:17 AM »

After that comment by Ron Johnson, Johnson doesn't have Walker or Paul Ryan to cover for him, he is all by himself
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2021, 08:55:20 AM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/02/16/bucks-executive-alex-lasry-enters-u-s-senate-race-wisconsin/6769241002/

Bucks executive Alex Lasry has joined the race. I know it worked for Herb Kohl, but I have a feeling that if this guy wins the nomination, he'll turn out to be the Democratic version of Kelly Loeffler. Maybe he can self-fund, but as we saw in 2020, boatloads of cash only takes you so far. It'll be too easy to paint him as a spoiled rich carpetbagger.

Pls no more billionaires or sons of billionaires even the ones with a (D) next to their name

Mandela Barnes senpai please jump in
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »

Pls no more billionaires or sons of billionaires even the ones with a (D) next to their name

Herb Kohl was good, and Pritzer has proven surprisingly progressive. Warner has also been a decent senator and Delaney/Steyer have given us a lot of memes.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »

Herb Kohl was good, and Pritzer has proven surprisingly progressive. Warner has also been a decent senator and Delaney/Steyer have given us a lot of memes.

Herb Kohl couldn't win a primary in today's Democratic Party precisely because he's wealthy.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2021, 09:04:59 AM »

This is the opposite of a good case as to why we need more millionaires and billionaires in politics.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2021, 09:31:29 AM »

I am assuming that Johnson is likely going to announce that he's not going to run again. If he does make that announcement, who is most likely going to run for the Republican nomination? Grothman? Gallagher? Steil? A state senator? Some wealthy person?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »

I am assuming that Johnson is likely going to announce that he's not going to run again.

Why? All of his recent political commentary would indicate he's gearing up for another culture war-driven election campaign.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2021, 10:16:18 AM »

I am assuming that Johnson is likely going to announce that he's not going to run again.

Why? All of his recent political commentary would indicate he's gearing up for another culture war-driven election campaign.

Yup. Let's just hope Dems can nominate a good candidate to vote this dude out of office. He's horrible.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2021, 11:06:08 AM »

Lasry appeals to the base, Black men who are NBA fans

We'll see.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »

We'll see.
I get it's your shtick to say quasi-racist things and stereotype leftists without going overboard to avoid the mods but you should probably  off anyway
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2021, 11:24:49 AM »

We'll see.
I get it's your shtick to say quasi-racist things and stereotype leftists without going overboard to avoid the mods but you should probably  off anyway
He appeals to the base. Younger liberals, Black voters. There is nothing racist about what I said.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »

We'll see.
He appeals to the base. Younger liberals, Black voters. There is nothing racist about what I said.

He does not appeal to black voters just because his dad owns a basketball team.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »

Who cares, who get nominated, Johnson didn't serve himself any good by saying the mob riot wasn't incited by Trump and neither did McCarthy
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2021, 02:00:51 PM »

Who cares, who get nominated, Johnson didn't serve himself any good by saying the mob riot wasn't incited by Trump and neither did McCarthy

Not that anyone will care about this in November 2022. And those people who do won't vote for this guy anyway.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2021, 03:33:11 PM »

Not that anyone will care about this in November 2022. And those people who do won't vote for this guy anyway.

You think that soccer mom's whom liked Walker and Paul Ryan whom voted for Johnson in 2010/2016 by only 4 pts over Feingold that's 400K voted don't care about. I think they will.  WC females are gonna be swing voters that will carry Charlie Crist over the top over DeSantis that voted for DeSantis by 0.5 in 2018

Our Gov T Evers have a 50% approval rating and can carry our D nominee over the top
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies