Who wins NY-11?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins NY-11?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win NY-11?
Max Rose

Nicole Malliotakis

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Who wins NY-11?  (Read 962 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2020, 08:14:22 PM »

Who will carry NY-11?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »

Easily Nicole Malliotakis.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 08:58:58 PM »

Used to think Malliotakis, now Tilt Rose
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »

Rose
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 09:57:01 PM »

Max Rose will win. He has established a strong personal brand independent of the national Democratic Party. If Atlas is any indication, his ads might even convince a few Republicans that he is really one of them and will switch parties after the election.  Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 10:52:27 PM »

I woukd be genuinely surprised if Rose lost, even though his opponent is about the best the GOP could've run (after Joey Salads dropped out, of course).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 11:38:12 PM »

Rose, although Malliotakis certainly has a shot. I think the "wave" environment building for Democrats this year, along with Rose's crossover appeal and his status as a "reasonable" Democrat will enable him to win reelection, but he will be one of the most vulnerable Democrats in 2022.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 01:13:03 AM »

Lean Rose
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 02:38:38 AM »

rose
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 06:22:08 AM »

Lean D, closer to Tossup than Likely.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 07:52:13 AM »

Rose, although Malliotakis certainly has a shot. I think the "wave" environment building for Democrats this year, along with Rose's crossover appeal and his status as a "reasonable" Democrat will enable him to win reelection, but he will be one of the most vulnerable Democrats in 2022.

He'll be safe if the Dem supermajority legislature nukes the redistricting commission and draws lower Manhattan into his seat instead of Bay Ridge.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 10:21:49 AM »

He'll be safe if the Dem supermajority legislature nukes the redistricting commission and draws lower Manhattan into his seat instead of Bay Ridge.
He doesn't get Manhattan. He gets those problematic white hipsters in West Brooklyn who no one else wants. Same effect.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 05:52:20 PM »

Rose wins 52%-47%

I live in the NYC market from NJ and I see the ads all the time.

Pro-police groups call him antipolice, he says that he opposes defunding of police.

He is a moderate Democrat.

Staten Island is a conservative borough
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »

He doesn't get Manhattan. He gets those problematic white hipsters in West Brooklyn who no one else wants. Same effect.

Bay Ridge is mainly crusty Irish/Italian civil servants, and a growing Arab population. The white hipsters are mainly up in NY-12 (source: I'm one of those problematic white hipsters).

To answer the question: Max Rose has this.
PAK Man

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »

Rose. He defeated a non-controversial incumbent in a race that had nobody's attention by 5 points in 2018. I think he's being underestimated by so many people.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 10:44:14 AM »
« Edited: October 23, 2020, 02:03:48 PM by Unbeatable Titan Donna Shalala »

Rose. He defeated a non-controversial incumbent in a race that had nobody's attention by 5 points in 2018. I think he's being underestimated by so many people.

It's easy to get down on his chances as a New Yorker exactly because he's such a good fit for his district. Lots of NYC dwellers who don't live in NY-11 can't stand him (because he's way to their right, and endorsed Bloomberg in the primary), so it's easy to think that his approval ratings are in the toilet. But Staten Island likes him so that's all that matters.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »

Bay Ridge is mainly crusty Irish/Italian civil servants, and a growing Arab population. The white hipsters are mainly up in NY-12 (source: I'm one of those problematic white hipsters).

To answer the question: Max Rose has this.

Yes by West Brooklyn I meant the part bordering Manhattan, overall no reason to draw the district upto Manhattan.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »

Daniel Donovan was controversial. He failed to indict Officer Pantaleo for killing Eric Garner, but Staten Island swept it under the rug, because they don't care.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies