Time for Sarah...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:25:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Time for Sarah...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Palin-Perry (R)
Clinton-Warren (D)
Mattis-Sinema (I)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Time for Sarah...  (Read 6436 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »

Newt and Mitt
Images from Wikimedia Commons

It had been a good few months for the Palin campaign. They maintained a steady delegate lead over Governor Romney, scored endorsements from former candidates (Trump, Perry), as well as Tea Party Republicans she helped elect in 2010 such as Governors Rick Scott of Florida, Chris Christie of New Jersey, Nikki Haley of South Carolina, Bob McDonnell of Virginia, and Terry Brandstad of Iowa. Governor Palin was lacking, however, with her endorsements from Capital Hill. Aside from Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, not many big names had endorsed her.

Sarah's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, urged her to call former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. Getting his support would be concrete to winning over Republicans in D.C.

On the advice of Kellyanne, Sarah made a call to Speaker Gingrich a few days after Super Tuesday II.

Sarah: Hey Newt, it's Sarah. How're you and Callista doing?

Newt: We're fine, Sarah. Look, let's cut to the chase. I know you want an endorsement, right?

Sarah: Yeah that may be partly why I'm calling.

Newt: Look, Mitt already told me that he'd give me Secretary of Commerce. I promised him my endorsement. So if I'm going back on my word, I'm gonna need something big.

Sarah: I'd be honored to vet you for Vice President, Newt.

Newt: No, I don't want Veep. I want real power, I'm not gonna sit around being your patsy. I need something big.

Sarah: What were you thinking?

Newt: Well, I was thinking Secretary of State.

Sarah: Newt, you know I can't promise you that.

Newt: *sigh* Fine...Treasury...

Sarah: Well, Mr. Speaker...we have a deal. I look forward to working with you.

Newt: Alright, ma'am. And, by the way, maybe we can find somewhere for my wife.

Sarah: I can't give her anything too high up. That'd be a conflict of interest. How about Ambassador to...I don't know, the Holy See?

Newt: That's fine. She'll be happy to hear she has a job when we win in November.

Sarah: Alright Newt, well it was good talkin' to ya. Bye now.

Todd entered the hotel room with a bowl of popcorn.

Todd: So what'd he ask for?

Sarah: Treasury.

Todd: Woah. Did you say yes?

Sarah: Of course. I have to. But he said he had a deal with Mitt. Maybe this'll get Mitt closer to stepping aside.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Newt realized what he had done. He just sacrificed his reputation as someone for keeping his word, excluding the past marriages, to be the Secretary of Treasury. He felt bad. Guilt. Not something the Georgian felt very often. He decided to call Governor Romney to tell him what he had done.

Newt: Governor Romney, it's Newt. How're you doing?

Mitt: I'm fine, Newt, how're you?

Newt: I've been better, Mitt. Look, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I just agreed to endorse Sarah Palin on Friday.

Mitt: Excuse me?

Newt: Look, I know we had a deal, but the door for you is quickly closing. You're down in all the polls, the party isn't on your side. It's just not looking like you can be the nominee, Mitt.

Mitt looked around the room. He was surrounded by his wife Ann, his chief strategist Ed Gillespie, his advisor Beth Myers, and his campaign manager Matt Rhoades.

Newt: If you play your cards right, you might get a spot in the administration.

Mitt hung up the phone on Newt. He was infuriated. His last bit of hope, the Gingrich delegates, were gone. He didn't want to admit it, but Newt was right. The door to Mitt winning the nomination was slowly closing.

Mitt: So, now what?

Ann: It's up to you, Mitt. We can keep pushing, or we can bow out and try to get her to give you a job.

Beth: We'll be behind you no matter what.

Ed: Governor, you're gonna have to pretty much run the table. Most of the winner-take-all states are grabbed, but you'd have to get all of them. And win almost all the other states, rather convincingly.

Matt: Governor, we can still get to the nomination. It's a steep hill, but that's never stopped us before. You can't...you can't drop out. She can not be president. She can barely put together a coherent thought. Governor, you can't seriously be considering dropping out?

Mitt: Beth can you get Governor Palin on the phone... I'm gonna drop out...

Ed and Beth had blank faces. Not sure how to feel. Ann put on a frown but was secretly happy the campaign would be over. Ann never really had an affinity for politics the way her husband did. Matt, however, was pissed off. He didn't want to work under a Sarah Palin administration. She could never be president, someone with that little intelligence or experience could never be president. It would be a slight to American ideals.

Mitt: Hi, Governor Palin. It's Governor Romney.

Sarah: Mitt! I didn't expect you to call me. To what do I owe the pleasure?

Mitt took a deep breath in, unsure of his future. He wasn't sure if he should just keep fighting, or just keep going. His heart told him to push forward, but his brain told him to bow out. He couldn't believe he was about to say the words he was about to.

Mitt: I just wanted to let you know that I'll be suspending my campaign tomorrow morning, and I wanted to congratulate you on being the presumptive nominee.

Sarah: Mitt, I can't believe this. Thank you so much for calling, and thanks for the congratulations. I really admired your campaign, and I'm sure there's a spot in the Palin administration for you.

Those words irked Mitt. "The Palin administration..." It was supposed to be his turn. He had lost elections before, to Ted Kennedy and John McCain. But he thought this was his to lose. And here he was, once again, conceding.

Mitt: Speaking of that, I'd love to talk about my future in the administration. I think for dropping out, despite having a viable path to the nomination, I'm gonna need a good position. A really good position.

Sarah: What were you thinking, Mitt?

Mitt: Secretary of State, and I want some of my people on the general election team. I also want to have discretion over your veep.

Sarah: I'm not gonna lie, Mitt, I thought you would be my veep!

Mitt: I'm not interested in Vice President. It's a nothing job. If you aren't able to offer me Secretary of State, then I might reconsider the campaign.

Sarah: No, you can have it. It's yours. All of it.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 05:41:10 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: ROMNEY ENDS CAMPAIGN AT GOP UNITY RALLY

Cooper: Good evening, I'm Anderson Cooper, reporting live from New York City. We're coming on, here at the top of the hour, with breaking news. Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney has suspended his presidential campaign, and he has pledged his support for Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. She is at a rally in the state of Florida with Governor Romney, Speaker Boehner, along with other former candidates including businessman Donald Trump, Governor of Texas Rick Perry, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, along with former Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman. Let's break-in now as Governor Romney gives his endorsement speech, introducing the presumptive GOP nominee Sarah Palin.

Sarah and I don't agree on all the issues. But we agree on the fundamental issues. Government works best when it gets off the back of the little guy. That we need low taxes and low regulation to bring back this economy. We believe that all lives matter, especially the smallest ones. And what unites us as Republicans is the need to defeat President Obama in November! Please join me in welcoming the first female nominee for president of a major party and the 45th President of the United States, Sarah Palin!

Cooper: And here comes the presumptive nominee, Sarah Palin. She is making history as she will likely be the first woman to ever be nominated for president by a major party. It's important to note, also, the absence of Congressman Ron Paul who has yet to endorse Governor Palin. More on that later on, but here is the presumptive Republican nominee, Sarah Palin.

Hello Florida! I want to thank my friends for being here today. I want to thank Mr. Trump, Governor Romney, Speaker Gingrich, Governor Perry, and Ambassador Huntsman for joining me today as we unite the GOP, along with my good friend Speaker Boehner. This campaign is for Americans that are tired of things as usual. This campaign is for people that want to shake up the system. To show Washington how things are done. And this, this is a campaign to show President Obama and the liberal elites in the media that they do not represent America. This is America. Hard-working folks, just trying to earn a livin'. I want to thank all of ya for being here, God bless America and may God bless the great state of Florida!

Cooper: So there it is, the conclusion of the GOP Unity Rally. It started with speeches from Speaker Boehner, along with the 2012 candidates. And then Governor Romney introduced Governor Palin. The Palin campaign was asked when a Vice President will be announced. They issued a statement saying they're beginning a "thorough vetting process to find who will join Governor Palin on the ticket." Who will that be? Who knows for sure? But here are the expected frontrunners...

Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie

U.S. Senator John Cornyn of Texas

Governor of Virginia Bob McDonnell

former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty

U.S. Senator Rob Portman of Ohio

U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida

U.S. Senator John Thune of South Dakota

Governor Brian Sandoval of Nevada.

And lastly, former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney

It's expected that Governor Palin will pick a man, someone probably from a swing state, and somebody with a lot of experience. Governor Palin only served part of her term as Governor of Alaska, and before that served as the Mayor of her small home town of Wasilla, Alaska. That really puts a lot of attention on Governors Romney, Sandoval, Pawlenty, and McDonnell along with Senators Thune, Cornyn, and Portman. In reality, any of these men could be the next Vice President. We'll be looking soon, however, on who Governor Palin chooses. Thank you all for watching, I'm Anderson Cooper.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »

Not gonna lie, I’m rooting for Christie for Veep
Andrew Yang 2024
Captain Thunder
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -1.39

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 07:34:33 PM »

Let's go Portman!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 08:25:51 PM »

I'm going to back Palin/Sandoval (the GOP base would throw a fit if Sandoval was on the ticket, and I still support Obama.)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 11:14:17 PM »

If I was Palin, I'd go with Portman
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 05:43:00 PM »

Barack

It was night time in the Oval Office. The President was sitting with his Chief of Staff, Jack Lew.

Jack: Mr. President, it's not looking good. She's making inroads with blue collar workers in the midwest and she's doing better with old folks, even better than McCain. She's leading with men and she's getting a little too close for comfort with women.

Barack: How can we be losing to that lunatic? We did healthcare, we prevented the 9/11 anniversary attack, and we've got a great recovery. What does she have to offer? Guns for rednecks and stopping the gays. Can you, uh, do me a favor? I just need a moment by myself.

Jack: Sure thing, Mr. President. Good night.

Barack paced around in the courtyard. He needed to clear his head. Paranoia about the election was getting to him. Palin was set to announce a VP any day, and before they know it, the debates will start. The campaign was set to get their first internal swing state polls tomorrow. Now he felt in limbo.

A secret service officer approached the President.

SS Officer: Mr. President, you're needed in the situation room.

Barack paced to the situation room. Late-night conflicts usually weren't good. When he entered the situation room, Vice President Joe Biden, the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, the National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, and a bunch of military officials stood for the President.

Barack: Please, take a seat. What's goin' on?

Leon: Mr. President, an Iranian terror group has captured a group of 7 soldiers in Tehran.

Barack: Well how do we get them back?

Leon: They're asking for arms.

Barack: Well I'm not Reagan, so...what other options do we have?

Hillary: Nobody else is saying anything. We've asked for an open dialogue, some sort of phone call being set up, and they haven't said a thing.

Barack: Well, what do we do?

Tom: Well, I know this might not be popular but...we could drone strike them...

Joe: Mr. President, with all due respect, you can't drone strike them. That's gonna escalate tensions, and we can't afford that, especially with the election coming soon.

Barack: Alright, Hillary. What do you think?

Hillary: It's our only option, Mr. President. It's this or we drone strike them. It's lose-lose either way.

Barack: Leon.

Leon: Our only course of action is to authorize the strike, sir.

Tom: I agree, Mr. President.

Barack: How much time do we have?

Hillary: Unclear, sir. We have at least a few hours, at most 2 days.

Barack: Just, let me clear my head. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Barack walked out of the room. He paced through the White House. He had to choose between doing what's right for the country, or what might be the nail in the coffin of his re-election bid. A few hours passed. The sun was about to rise, he called the group back to the Situation Room.

Joe: Mr. President, what's your decision?

Barack: I'm gonna do the strike.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 10:14:56 AM »

Obama vs. Palin RCP Average

National:
President Obama: 48.3%
Governor Palin: 44.9%
Obama +3.4

Electoral College: 270 to Win
President Obama: 216
Governor Palin: 190
TOSSUP: 132

Colorado
President Obama: 48.5%
Governor Palin: 47.9%
Obama +0.6

Florida
Governor Palin: 48.6%
President Obama: 44.9%
Palin +3.7

Iowa
Governor Palin: 50.2%
President Obama: 43.9%
Palin +6.3

Maine's 2nd District
Governor Palin: 44.8%
President Obama: 44.6%
Palin +0.2

Nebraska's 2nd District
Governor Palin: 45.0%
President Obama: 44.7%
Palin +0.3

Nevada
President Obama: 50.4%
Governor Palin: 47.1%
Obama +3.3

New Hampshire
President Obama: 51.0%
Governor Palin: 48.5%
Obama +2.5

North Carolina
Governor Palin: 50.9%
President Obama: 43.8%
Palin +7.1

Ohio
Governor Palin: 50.6%
President Obama: 45.9%
Palin +4.7

Pennsylvania
President Obama: 50.5%
Governor Palin: 44.4%
Obama +6.1

Virginia
Governor Palin: 44.4%
President Obama: 44.2%
Palin +0.2

Wisconsin
Governor Palin: 43.9%
President Obama: 43.8%
Palin +0.1

No Tossup Map

Electoral College: 270 to Win
Governor Palin: 283 ✔
President Obama: 255
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 10:16:37 AM »

Sarah's Choice

It was a late night at a hotel in Columbus, Ohio. Governor Palin, the presumptive GOP nominee, had just met with Senator Rob Portman. He was a part of the group of finalists to be Governor Palin's VP. Earlier that week, the Governor had requested that the list be narrowed. She removed John Cornyn from her list because he didn't bring much in electoral advantage, Texas was a safe Republican state. She also removed Tim Pawlenty, saying he was "too blegh" and boring. John Thune was removed for the same reason Cornyn was. And lastly, Mitt Romney declined, instead opting for Secretary of State.

Sarah was in the living room of her suite with campaign advisors. As part of being the presumptive nominee, Sarah wanted a composite of all the other candidate's staff. Joining her team was Beth Myers, Governor Romney's most trusted advisor, along with Lanhee Chen serving as a policy advisor. Myers was leading the search for a Vice President and quickly climbed up the ranks as someone Sarah trusted and respected. Also in the room was Sarah's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway and her Chief of Staff, Michael Glassner.

Sarah: Alright, who're we down to?

Beth: Christie, McDonnell, Portman, Rubio, and Sandoval.

Sarah: What did the McDonnell vet find?

Lanhee: Well, he's been in deep s**t.

Sarah: Language, Lanhee.

Lanhee: Sorry, ma'am. We found that he's been taking gifts from donors. Him and his wife have taken anywhere between $100k to $150k in gifts.

Sarah: Yeah, get him off. He's not welcome in the campaign. Make him like chair of the Virginia campaign, but not Veep.

Beth: How do you feel about Governor Christie?

Sarah: sigh, he's really loud, first of all. Plus, he's such a figure that he's gonna take all the attention. I'm the nominee, so I need the most attention. We need somebody somewhat "moderate", boring but not too boring, and a guy. Christie's too loud, shelf him for now. Don't get rid of him, but move him to the back of the line.

Michael: How did you feel about Senator Portman after the meeting today?

Sarah: I like him. He's a sweet guy. Pretty middle-of-the-road, he'll help us lock up Ohio, and he's not looking for attention.

Kellyanne: We can move him up to phase 3. What do you think of Rubio?

Sarah: He's another celebrity. I think he looks at this as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. Reminds me of Christie but skinnier and polished.

Kellyanne: We'll move him to the back of the line. How about Sandoval?

Sarah: I've barely talked to him. All I've seen from him is that A) he endorsed Romney and B) we haven't met in person yet. Schedule a meeting with him ASAP. We can do a rally in Reno or something. Feel how we get along, ya know?

Lanhee: So we're removing Christie, Rubio, and McDonnell...right?

Sarah: Mhm... Alright, I'm getting tired. Can you guys uh, get outta my room?

The group dispersed but Sarah asked Beth to hang back.

Sarah: I think there's some people we need to let go.

Beth: Who were you thinking?

Sarah: I don't like how Lanhee spoke to me.

Beth: Ma'am, I'm not sure what you mean.

Sarah: I dunno, I just get a bad feeling from him.

Beth: Can you just give him one more chance? He's a really talented guy, and I think he's an asset to the campaign. At least, wait until after the convention if we're gonna ditch him.

Sarah: Alright, I can do that. I wanted to let you know that I'm gonna make you my Deputy Chief of Staff.

Beth: Oh thank you so much, ma'am. I'm honored.

Sarah: Alright, tomorrow we need to call Brian. Next week I'll try to make a final decision.

Beth: Sounds like a plan. Good night, ma'am.

The Final 2
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 09:51:24 PM »

If it's a Sandoval and Portman, you're practically guaranteeing convention chaos for the Republicans.

Sandoval is pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage, and Portman's son is gay. Neither of those things would meet the approval of the Republican base.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2020, 09:59:25 PM »

Portman would be a good pick
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 02:30:16 PM »

This is interesting! However I don't think Palin would win.

Surprised that the Thread Writer chose a Palin TL over a Haley TL since he is from SC.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 03:08:30 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 05:07:31 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

This is interesting! However I don't think Palin would win.

Surprised that the Thread Writer chose a Palin TL over a Haley TL since he is from SC.

I highly doubt Palin would win, but this timeline isn't necessarily about what I think would happen if she was the nominee. Rather, this is what would need to happen for her to win. And even then, it'd still be a fluke for her to win.

And as for Nikki Haley, I'm a big fan of hers. If she runs in 2024, which I hope she does, hopefully she'll go back to pre-Trump ideals. I really hope she doesn't embrace Trumpism, and if she does, I'll probably support Larry Hogan or whoever is the most moderate.

I didn't write a Haley timeline because so many 2024 timelines are happening with the 2020 election just wrapping up. However, never say never, I might do a Haley timeline at some point.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2020, 11:36:44 AM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

It's Rob.

It was an early July morning. Governor Palin was about to make her first major decision as the presumptive GOP nominee. Her meeting with Governor Sandoval didn't go as well as she thought...

A few days earlier, Sarah had told Governor Sandoval and Senator Portman that they were the final 2 contenders. Sarah met with Governor Sandoval shortly after that announcement to the two at the Governor's Mansion in Carson City.

Palin: Alright, Governor, it's great to see ya. How the heck are ya?

Sandoval: I'm well, ma'am. Welcome to Nevada and welcome to the Governor's Mansion!

Palin: It's great to be with you. Your vet came back yesterday, and you're all clear. Clean as a whistle. But the only concern is that the convention might be split for some of your positions on things. So, I wanted to do a quick fire-round with you on the issues. Sound good?

Sandoval: All good, ma'am.

Palin: Alright, what's your position on abortion?

Sandoval: I am pro-choice but I'm against federal funding for abortions.

Palin: See, Brian, that's a problem. The party is pro-life, we're a pro-life party. And it'll be difficult to win over swing voters if we have a divided ticket. How about gay marriage?

Sandoval: I'm pro-civil unions, but against marriage.

Palin: That's a shame, the party is against both. Brian, I really am concerned that if we have someone too far away from the party on two really core social issues, we're gonna have a divided convention. We can't afford another embarrassment. If I pick you, then we're running the risk of a bunch of evangelical, socially conservative delegates either walk out of the convention or write-in another VP candidate. Brian, I think you're a great Governor. Smart as a whip. But, I just don't think that your views accurately match the national party. I hope you can keep this confidential, but we're gonna go with Senator Portman, providing he accepts.

Sandoval: *sigh* Well, it was an honor to be considered and I look forward to going on the stump for you here. And, if a position in the cabinet looks good for me, please let me know, ma'am.

Palin: I sure will. Thanks for having me here. Let's go do our rally in Reno, and then I'll be flying over to Ohi-ah.

Governor Palin and Governor Sandoval had a quick rally in Nevada talking about unity and the economy. There was a big crowd and with speculation that Governor Sandoval would be the VP nominee, Palin took a minor lead in the polls in Nevada. However, most pundits speculated this was just a bump after Palin became the presumptive nominee.

After the rally, Sarah boarded her campaign plane to call Senator Portman.

Palin: Rob, Rob, it's me, Sarah. How're you?

Portman: I'm well, Governor Palin. How are you and your family?

Palin: We're doing well. I'm just gonna get right to the point, I just met with Governor Sandoval. And I let him know that...I have decided that I'm gonna eliminate him from consideration. Which means, I would like to formally ask you to be my running mate!

Portman: Ma'am, I'm honored. I would be delighted to join the ticket.

Palin: That's fantastic news. Great, great, great. Well, I'll give you an hour or so to tell your family and your staff. Try to keep this quiet, we're gonna drop a tweet on the twitter announcing the pick. Are you available tonight for a rally in Cincinnati?

Portman: Yes I am, ma'am. Can't wait to be there.

Not long after she made her decision, the tweet was made public. The 2012 election would be Obama/Biden vs. Palin/Portman.

Tweet made by TweetGen, Palin/Portman logo made myself

At the rally, Sarah gave a warm introduction to Senator Portman:

Rob has dedicated his life to public service. Whether it's been serving the people of Ohio in Congress, or working to create jobs and cut the budget in the White House, Rob is a dedicated fighter. He's always fought for the forgotten men and women of this country. The construction workers in Wisconsin, the farmers in Iowa, the teachers of Ohio, the factory workers in Michigan, the retail workers in Pennsylvania, the nurses in Florida, and the truck drivers of Virginia. Rob and I will always work hard to keep taxes low, balance the budget, and hold Washington accountable. Rob and I agree that our number one biggest priority must be the recovery. President Obama has been focused on bailing out companies, but not helping out workers. When Rob and I are in the White House, there will be more money in your wallet, a safe nation, and patriotism will return in the United States. Please help me welcome, my friend, the next Vice President of the United States, Senator Rob Portman!

Governor Palin, thank you for welcoming me to the ticket. For such an important position, it's important that the American people know a little bit about me. I represented my fellow Ohioans for 12 years as a Congressman and for the last year as a U.S. Senator. I served in the H.W. Bush administration as the Director of Legislative Affairs. I also negotiated better trade deals as the Trade Representative during the Bush administration. And I served as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, holding Washington accountable for their endless spending. But that's not what defines me. I've been married to the love of my life for 26 years. We've got 3 great kids. I was born and raised here in Cincinnati. My great-grandfather came here from Switzerland to start a new life. The economic promise of the American dream is what attracted him to the United States. But unfortunately, the American dream is fractured right now. This is a critical point for the United States. Do we have another 4 years of chaos and division, or do we take a new course? A course of new jobs, lower spending, and fiscal responsibility. Fiscal responsibility isn't even in President Obama's vocabulary. Rather than working to get jobs back, the President has forced the American people to take on an expensive healthcare plan that's more of government-overreach and taking money out of the pockets of hard-working Americans. As your Vice President, we're gonna stop that. And with Sarah by my side, we will bring America back! Thank you!

Image from Wikimedia Commons
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2020, 01:29:39 PM »

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION PART 1

Baier: Good evening and welcome to Fox News's Coverage of the 2012 GOP Convention, I'm Bret Baier.

MacCollum: And I'm Martha MacCallum. In just 2 days, former Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska will become the first woman ever nominated by a major party for president. But first, the delegates have to officially vote. That vote is happening on the floor right now. Speaker Boehner is about to come onto the stage to certify the delegate totals. Let's go to the floor of the RNC in Tampa, Florida. Here's Speaker John Boehner of Ohio:

Boehner: The Chair is prepared to announce the results. Huntsman 1, Perry 3, Paul 109, Gingrich 118, Romney 428, Palin 1903. Accordingly, the Chair announces that Sarah Palin, having received a majority of these votes entitled to be cast at this convention, has been selected as the Republican Party nominee for President of the United States!

Baier: Fascinating stuff, history is made as Sarah Palin becomes the first woman to win the nomination of a major party. She will not officially accept the nomination till the final night of the convention, in 2 days.

MacCallum: Last night, Nikki Haley, the Governor of South Carolina, gave the first keynote speech. Tomorrow night, Chris Christie, the Governor of New Jersey, will give the other keynote state. Historic speeches for them both, there's never been 2 keynote speeches. Notable speakers from night 1 include Todd Palin, Congressman Jason Chaffetz, Congressman Tim Scott, Chairman Reince Priebus, and Speaker John Boehner. There was a very popular moment from last night, where a group of Republican women came on stage to unite together. Some of the women included IN State Rep. Jackie Walorski, NE Legislator Deb Fischer, Virginia Delegate Barbara Comstock, Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn, Mayor Mia Love, Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Senator Kelly Ayotte, Governor Mary Fallin, and even Ann Romney, all came together to unite behind Governor Palin's nomination.

Baier: Tonight, we'll see Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senator Rand Paul, Senator John McCain, who was Governor Palin's running mate in 2008. Joining them are Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, Governor Susana Martinez, Senator John Thune, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and rounding out the group is Senator Rob Portman who is set to accept his nomination for Vice President of the United States.

MacCallum: Quite a night it will be. Stay tuned for continued coverage of the 2012 GOP Convention. We'll be here all night, stay with us.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2020, 11:36:08 PM »

There's not a lot of popularity to this timeline. Not a big following, so I'm gonna begin wrapping the timeline up in the next post. I'm gonna do election night coverage and aftermath, after that though, this timeline will be over.

Thanks to everybody that did read. I know this timeline wasn't the best, I'm new to writing timelines, so thanks to those that stuck around.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2020, 11:41:27 PM »

There's not a lot of popularity to this timeline. Not a big following, so I'm gonna begin wrapping the timeline up in the next post. I'm gonna do election night coverage and aftermath, after that though, this timeline will be over.

Thanks to everybody that did read. I know this timeline wasn't the best, I'm new to writing timelines, so thanks to those that stuck around.

For a person new to writing timelines I actually enjoyed this one. I hope you keep making more even after this one!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2020, 12:15:50 AM »

I am really enjoying this timeline. I think it has a pretty engaging writing style. Sorry to hear it's ending.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2020, 12:41:10 AM »

I enjoyed following this, and since a Palin administration is rarely done, it would be interesting to see how her administration plays out
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2020, 01:03:29 AM »

I hope you don’t abandon this TL , it’s a really good TL . If you would like us to react to updates more just let us now and we will do so
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2020, 05:12:52 AM »

What software did you used to make mock news graphics and campaign logos?
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2020, 09:51:32 AM »

What software did you used to make mock news graphics and campaign logos?

I just use Keynote on my Macbook. It's mostly just finding the right fonts and learning as you go. I used to be really bad with graphics, but the more I did it, the better I got.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »

7:00 POLL CLOSINGS

Blitzer: This is it, a crucial moment for the presidential candidates and for the American people.

Cooper: We are counting down to the first results of this election night in America.

The intro plays out, but Blitzer and Cooper talk as the intro plays out.

Cooper: I can't believe how close it's gotten...

Blitzer: Crazy that she could actually win this thing.

Cooper: God, I hope not.

The cameras come back onto the two CNN anchors.

Blitzer: It's all in the hands of voters right now. You're looking at a live view of a polling place in Kenosha, Wisconsin, one of the most hotly-contested battleground states.

Cooper: In just a few moments, the polls will close in Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Georgia, Vermont, and the battleground state of Virginia. We'll also start to get early returns in Florida, a state both campaigns have been targeting heavily.

Blitzer: As more and more states are called, the columns on either side of the Empire State Building will fill up with red and blue. If President Obama is re-elected, the building will light up blue. If Governor Palin emerges victorious, the building will light up red.

Cooper: We're not just watching the race for the White House, but also control of Congress. For that, we go to CNN's Dana Bash.

Bash: Thanks Anderson. Here's what we know so far, the GOP has an uphill climb to take control of the Senate, however, they have a path. The GOP is favored to hold the House as well, it's a matter of how many seats they gain or lose, depending on Sarah Palin's performance at the top of the ticket. If Sarah Palin wins, the House Republicans will likely gain seats, while if President Obama has a good night, House Democrats will gain seats, narrowing John Boehner's commanding majority. As the polls soon close at 7:00, we'll be looking at the open Virginia Senate seat. The incumbent, Jim Webb, is not running for re-election. The former Governor, Tim Kaine, is running as a Democrat, and former Senator George Allen is running for this seat as he did in 2006 when he lost to Webb. If the GOP takes this seat, we're in for a big battle for control of the Senate. We're also looking at Indiana where Congressman Joe Donnelly is challenging Indiana State Treasurer Richard Mourdock. Mourdock has made some controversial comments after successfully defeating incumbent Senator Dick Lugar for his seat. His comments have made the race competitive, and Donnelly may come out as the victor tonight.

Blitzer: We're just now about to get the first results as the polls close. We now have a CNN projection. CNN can project that President Obama will win the state of Vermont, that's 3 electoral votes added to his column. We can also project that Governor Palin will win Kentucky and its 8 electoral votes, South Carolina and its 9 electoral votes, and the state of Indiana and its 11 electoral votes.

Cooper: And there's the first flip of the night. President Obama won the state of Indiana 4 years ago, however, the tide has turned away from him and he's lost Indiana. It's too early to call in the state of Georgia, however, we can say that Governor Palin has an early lead. She's expected to win that state, however, right now it's simply too early to project a winner.

Blitzer: It's also too early to call in the pivotal state of Virginia. Let's take a look at the all important electoral college. You need 270 electoral votes to win, you'll be hearing that number a lot tonight. It appears that Governor Palin has an early lead over President Obama. 28 electoral votes for Governor Palin, and 3 for President Obama.

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »

7:30 POLL CLOSINGS

Blitzer: Welcome back to CNN's coverage of Election Night in America: Obama vs. Palin.

Cooper: The polls are about to close in West Virginia and the important swing states of Ohio and North Carolina.

Blitzer: CNN is now able to project that Governor Palin is the winner of West Virginia and its 5 electoral votes, not a big surprise there.

Cooper: We're also able to say that Ohio and North Carolina, with their 18 and 15 electoral votes respectively, are too close to call.

Blitzer: We can also project that Sarah Palin will win the state of Georgia and its 16 electoral votes.

Cooper: This brings the tally to 49 for Palin and 3 for Obama, with 46 electoral votes still up in the air.

Blitzer: Let's go to Dana Bash with some updates in the U.S. Senate.

Bash: Thanks, Wolf. In West Virginia, incumbent Democratic Senator Joe Manchin, CNN can project, will win re-election handily. Even though Sarah Palin is expected to win West Virginia by a wide margin, there are quite a few Palin-Manchin voters. We were also able to project that Vermont's Independent Senator Bernie Sanders has been re-elected. He caucuses with the Democrats, so that's an additional number for them. Remember, it takes 51 seats to control the Senate. If one party gets to 50 seats and wins the presidency, the Vice President would break the tie in favor of their party. In Indiana, Joe Donnelly is leading Richard Mourdock, however it is still razor thin. In Virginia, George Allen leads Tim Kaine, but again, it's still close and very early. In Ohio, Senator Sherrod Brown is currently leading his Republican opponent, Josh Mandel, however it's too early to call. Right now, Senate makeup looks like this, 35 Republicans, and 32 Democrats. With 3 races too close to call, and 30 with polls still open.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2020, 11:31:24 AM »

I know it's coming, but it's going to be sad seeing Obama lose to Palin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies