Poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon  (Read 1253 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2020, 08:11:13 AM »

What I want to know is, who are the 5% of Democratic voters who think Biden is a secret sex trafficker but are going to vote for him anyways?
Yeah, this just seems completely bonkers.

Anyway, this entire poll is DEEPLY scary. Anyone laughing this off is missing the point. Say hello to 2024 GOP nominee Alex Jones.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 08:13:12 AM »

The frustrating thing is that our society has a pedophilia problem, and this isn't the way to deal with it.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »

Media slaps a name on the concept - pizzagate, Epstein truthers, Qanon - and gets people divided on a question that most people are generally warm to, that major world leaders are involved in some kind of pedophile ring involving young boys and girls.

Hopefully it will be as the old Arab proverb goes - "a falling camel attracts many knives", and we can get some answers on this kind of stuff. Nothing new, has been going on since the 1980s. sh**t, Dutroux burned the Dutch public on this kind of thing and they couldn't make up a scapegoat to blame for trying to figure out what happened. Maybe the national conversation can move to that rather than whether this is finally the one terror threat we need to listen to the CIA on.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 03:56:26 PM »

"Do you believe that top Democrats are involved in elite child sex-trafficking rings?"   50% of Trump supporters say yes, 5% of Biden supporters say yes.   I wonder what the results would be if they said "top politicians" instead of "top Democrats."

Belief in QAnon as a whole is much smaller, just 15% of Trump supporters say "I believe it is true."  The QAnon conspiracy is not just belief in an individual element, but all of them together and the story that fits them together.

Answering yes to the second question--that Trump is actively working to dismantle the pedophile ring/rings--is pretty distinctively QAnon even if the overall belief that a lot of top politicians are pedos isn't.

If you at all support Trump, then you'd be inclined to answer yes to such a question if you believe such rings exist.  Apparently a few even said that Trump is breaking up these rings even though they had not answered yes to believing that these rings exist.

Which is to say that what people say they agree with in a poll question is very different from what they actively believe apart from a poll that brings up the subject.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 04:20:15 PM »

i remember hillary calling half of trump supporters deplorable. here you have it
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 05:01:17 PM »

"Do you believe that top Democrats are involved in elite child sex-trafficking rings?"   50% of Trump supporters say yes, 5% of Biden supporters say yes.   I wonder what the results would be if they said "top politicians" instead of "top Democrats."

Belief in QAnon as a whole is much smaller, just 15% of Trump supporters say "I believe it is true."  The QAnon conspiracy is not just belief in an individual element, but all of them together and the story that fits them together.

Answering yes to the second question--that Trump is actively working to dismantle the pedophile ring/rings--is pretty distinctively QAnon even if the overall belief that a lot of top politicians are pedos isn't.

If you at all support Trump, then you'd be inclined to answer yes to such a question if you believe such rings exist.  Apparently a few even said that Trump is breaking up these rings even though they had not answered yes to believing that these rings exist.

Which is to say that what people say they agree with in a poll question is very different from what they actively believe apart from a poll that brings up the subject.

Believing that such rings exist is the meat of the story here, not the fact that they put the QAnon label on it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »

Believing that such rings exist is the meat of the story here, not the fact that they put the QAnon label on it.

The question is whether the result is representative of those to whom the idea was not suggested to them by someone doing a poll.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2020, 06:42:52 PM »

Do you think Trump supporters are concerned about these children stolen from their parents?

"(Shrug) Their parents shouldn't have brought them here illegally in the first place. Sounds like unfit parents to me. Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes. Such a shame those kids should have to pay for their parents breaking the law!"

(option 2) " s*** happens"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2020, 06:45:20 PM »

What I want to know is, who are the 5% of Democratic voters who think Biden is a secret sex trafficker but are going to vote for him anyways?

Anyway, this entire poll is DEEPLY scary. Anyone laughing this off is missing the point. Say hello to 2024 GOP nominee Alex Jones.

In all seriousness, I suspect the 5% can be almost universally written off as either people trolling the interviewer or whom misheard / misunderstood the question.

I suppose there might be one or two among them who think that the clintons are/were indeed involved in pedophile sex trafficking, but think Joe Biden's a decent guy who isn't involved and hopefully will stop it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »

In all seriousness, I suspect the 5% can be almost universally written off as either people trolling the interviewer or whom misheard / misunderstood the question.

I suppose there might be one or two among them who think that the clintons are/were indeed involved in pedophile sex trafficking, but think Joe Biden's a decent guy who isn't involved and hopefully will stop it.
*raises hand*  (in a non-Nazi salute way)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies