Poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:40:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon  (Read 1252 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:56:29 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-half-of-trump-supporters-believe-q-anons-imaginary-claims-124025042.html
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »

"Do you believe that top Democrats are involved in elite child sex-trafficking rings?"   50% of Trump supporters say yes, 5% of Biden supporters say yes.   I wonder what the results would be if they said "top politicians" instead of "top Democrats."

Belief in QAnon as a whole is much smaller, just 15% of Trump supporters say "I believe it is true."  The QAnon conspiracy is not just belief in an individual element, but all of them together and the story that fits them together.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »

Merica!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:08:07 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 09:34:49 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Didn't a 2016 poll find 20% of them support slavery? That in mind, I'm surprised it isn't more.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 10:54:48 AM »

Cool, they can say hello to JFK Jr. and Elvis for me.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 10:57:42 AM »

i remember hillary calling half of trump supporters deplorable. here you have it
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »

We're all talking about the "deplorable" comment but this has more to do with being stupid than anything else. They're twits who believe everything they read on the internet despite saying "OmG YoU cAN'T tRuST te mEDia!11!!1!" to baselessly dispute established facts.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 11:04:58 AM »

"Do you believe that top Democrats are involved in elite child sex-trafficking rings?"   50% of Trump supporters say yes, 5% of Biden supporters say yes.   I wonder what the results would be if they said "top politicians" instead of "top Democrats."

Belief in QAnon as a whole is much smaller, just 15% of Trump supporters say "I believe it is true."  The QAnon conspiracy is not just belief in an individual element, but all of them together and the story that fits them together.

Answering yes to the second question--that Trump is actively working to dismantle the pedophile ring/rings--is pretty distinctively QAnon even if the overall belief that a lot of top politicians are pedos isn't.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 11:06:10 AM »

It's not just Trump supporters. The Q stuff is starting to gain traction with many other groups that use social media and believe in conspiracy theories.
Wakie77
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 12:22:09 PM »

Let's be fair here.  Most Trump supporters are mentally unbalanced anyway.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »

i remember hillary calling half of trump supporters deplorable. here you have it

I still think she was lowballing it.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »

Basket of deplorables etc
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 02:33:02 PM »

Can't wait to vote in the '24 GOP Primary.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »

Sometimes I'm starting to think human kind gets dumber rather than more educated. At least a certain segment of societies in America and Europe. QAnon, Chemtrails, Flatearthers, "Covid is a fake", these people really lack sanity. But of course, it's just a sign of time where each idiot can sh*tpost stuff on the internet and make stuff up while with no check whatsoever. And if there is a check, it gets attacked as censorship.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 02:45:11 PM »

Sometimes I'm starting to think human kind gets dumber rather than more educated. At least a certain segment of societies in America and Europe. QAnon, Chemtrails, Flatearthers, "Covid is a fake", these people really lack sanity. But of course, it's just a sign of time where each idiot can sh*tpost stuff on the internet and make stuff up while with no check whatsoever. And if there is a check, it gets attacked as censorship.

The weirdos who run these internet and social media companies want it that way. They don't like Democracy and if they can game a person to believe nonsense that person can't engage in the political process in a meaningful way, to advocate for real policies that benefit them. Instead they're always chasing phantoms and "the real truth" while being made a total non-factor in the real world.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 02:46:10 PM »

"Many people are saying two plus two equals five.  A lot of very respected people are saying it, and you know, nobody knew that before now."

A week later:

"Pew: 44% of Americans believe 2 + 2 = 5, a dramatic increase from 2% the previous month"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »

This can't be true. I've read repeatedly on the Atlas Forum Talk Elections that QAnon is a Democratic boogeyman that few Republicans have ever heard of, much less believe.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 02:56:55 PM »

What I want to know is, who are the 5% of Democratic voters who think Biden is a secret sex trafficker but are going to vote for him anyways?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »

What I want to know is, who are the 5% of Democratic voters who think Biden is a secret sex trafficker but are going to vote for him anyways?

The sex traffickers, obviously.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 03:08:39 PM »

Beware of Phantom Lizardmen
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2020, 03:14:00 PM »

Don't forget the 13% of Biden supporters who are unsure whether Democrats are running peado-ring  Angry
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 12:06:13 AM »

Do you think Trump supporters are concerned about these children stolen from their parents?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 12:44:34 AM »

There are those who believe all politicians are involved in pedophilles, I know some of them, so maybe they think Biden is the lesser of two evils. Those sort of people in my experience don't vote or vote libertarian though.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2020, 02:46:11 PM by R.P. McM »

In my experience, the Flynn effect is very real, and the issue stems from a segment of the population that would've been long dead were it not for medical advancements and social welfare programs. This is the danger of allowing a gerontocracy to take root. Donald Trump is a moron, but he's also suffered significant cognitive decline. As has Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein, the late RBG, etc.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies