Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:22:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal  (Read 2682 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2020, 06:54:08 PM »

https://youtu.be/vZ1D297jles
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2020, 07:31:38 PM »

While he is going a bit overboard with it I will say that Frank does have a valid point that Limbaugh has done vile things on a personal level that goes beyond political disagreements. While I’m not gonna dance on his grave I’m also not really gonna begrudge anyone here who feel little sympathy for a guy who mocked Fox’s Parkinsons
This is all I'm asking for.  Smile

Same.  This whole hullabaloo stems from Frank’s demand for inconsistent and politically biased moderation.  

I haven't asked for any moderation here.  All I've asked for is for you to think before throwing out nonsense that dislike/hatred for Rush Limbaugh is just due to 'political differences.'

It's possible, but my point still stands.

I’m not reducing it to mere political differences in a dismissive way, the use of that term was incidental to my post.  All I’m saying is don’t make posts that are basically dancing on someone’s grave or celebrating the fact that a public figure will likely die soon.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »

My congrats to the mod team (TG and Mr X in particular) for keeping fairness and equality in applying the rules. Personally I think mocking someone's death (or terminal illness) is in poor taste at best and horrible at worst.

Now, if you do want to "legalize" mocking someone's death that is fine; but if you do, you should be consistent and not act surprised or outraged if say for example, Obama tragically died and there were comments mocking his death.

Anyways, current policy seems to be that mocj
king someone's death = big no and I fail to see a reason for a special exception here? (Maybe if say, Lukashenko or the Ayatollah died it'd make more sense?)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2020, 09:17:43 PM »

Lung cancer usually is.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2020, 09:22:29 PM »

Hmmm....didn’t catch that in my post.
Hopefully I didn’t make an accidental breathing pun in my subsequent call for unity.
That would be completely distasteful and would certainly not be intentional in any way.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2020, 09:28:57 PM »

My congrats to the mod team (TG and Mr X in particular) for keeping fairness and equality in applying the rules. Personally I think mocking someone's death (or terminal illness) is in poor taste at best and horrible at worst.

Now, if you do want to "legalize" mocking someone's death that is fine; but if you do, you should be consistent and not act surprised or outraged if say for example, Obama tragically died and there were comments mocking his death.

king someone's death = big no and I fail to see a reason for a special exception here? (Maybe if say, Lukashenko or the Ayatollah died it'd make more sense?)
The question is, what is the line between dark humor and something being plain offensive.
As someone born in the edgy meme sub-generation, I don’t see a line at all but where do you put it?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2020, 11:20:11 PM »

Get back to us when Obama mocks someone with Parkinson’s. Again what is so hard about “Rush has done revolting things on a personal level that transcends politics” for people to understand? This reminds me when Trump got COVID and Fuzzy whined in the moderator thread about libs making jokes about Trump possibly dying when reps couldn’t do that to John Lewis or RGB. Whatever you’re feelings on Obama, Lewis, RGB’s politics we’re that’s all the objective is to them. The scorn they hold from the right is purely partisan unlike Trump and Rush who had done vile things on the personal level beyond the partisan disagreements   
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »

It must suck, but Steve Jobs, Stephen Hawking and Ruth Bader Ginsburg all survived for years (well, decades in Hawking's case) with illnesses that surely fell under the category of terminal.
Well Steve Jobs would still be alive today if he'd listened to his doctors instead of going on some weird fruit diet. There's always the story of the guy who was given 6 months to live and then ended up outliving the doctor that gave him that diagnosis but lung cancer is usually a different story. We'll see what happens.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2020, 12:57:39 PM »

I hope this is okay for a historical perspective.

https://pasteboard.co/JwHGy9b.jpg

I scanned this from page 137 of the book The Experts Speak by Christopher Cerf and Victor Navasky, 1984
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies