Who are the most forgettable presidential/vice presidential candidates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:59:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who are the most forgettable presidential/vice presidential candidates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the most forgettable presidential/vice presidential candidates?  (Read 2284 times)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« on: October 20, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »

Alton B. Parker and his running mate Henry Gassaway Davis, who I had never even heard of before.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 07:13:54 PM »

Alton B. Parker and his running mate Henry Gassaway Davis, who I had never even heard of before.

There is one thing noteworthy about Henry Davis.  He would have been 81 on Inauguration Day, 1905.

An 80-year old coal magnate from West Virginia who had last held elected office 20 years ago, nominated solely because the campaign had no money. And the running mate of a nationally unknown state judge! Definitely the weirdest major party ticket in Presidential history.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 09:50:22 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2020, 10:00:44 PM by Statilius the Epicurean »

Paul Ryan will emerge as a forgettable VP candidate.

Former speaker of the House and face of the Congressional Republican Party under Obama and Trump. Not especially forgettable compared to many others, e.g. random Senators like Kaine.

I think in a few decades Sarah Palin will be a remarkably forgettable character to people still interested in the politics of the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies