MT-RMG Research/PoliticalIQ: Daines +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:44:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MT-RMG Research/PoliticalIQ: Daines +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-RMG Research/PoliticalIQ: Daines +2  (Read 1122 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: October 19, 2020, 09:13:58 AM »

This race is going to be very close. I'd like to see Cooney match this margin. I almost want Cooney to win more.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »

This race is going to be very close. I'd like to see Cooney match this margin. I almost want Cooney to win more.

Why? It's still possible one of ME or NC go the GOP's way (I consider it a given that CO and AZ flip to D, while AL goes R). Winning MT seat would give Dems a bigger margin of error in the senate, which will essential for Biden to get stuff done. IA and the GAs are not certain either. And tbh, I'd feel much more comfortable with 51, 52 or 53 Dem senators instead of a bare 50-50.

I agree Gianforte is horrible while Daines is sort of "ok" for a GOPer, but MT-governorship isn't worth more than a senate seat. It's a small state population-wise and has an R-dominated State Legislature, causing the gov to have a smaller impact. Cooney could only govern by executive action or sign/veto GOP bills. Sure, I'd much rather have Cooney winning than Gianforte, but winning MT-Sen is more important for 2020. In terms of importance, I'd say MT-Sen > MT-Gov > MT-AL.

I said almost, I know the Senate is more important

But my reasoning is that Gianforte is really, really, awful. It's a state near and dear to my heart, and I'd hate to see it be governed by him, when Cooney is clearly a better alternative. Population size doesn't really come into it for me.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 10:10:29 AM »

Why? It's still possible one of ME or NC go the GOP's way (I consider it a given that CO and AZ flip to D, while AL goes R). Winning MT seat would give Dems a bigger margin of error in the senate, which will essential for Biden to get stuff done. IA and the GAs are not certain either. And tbh, I'd feel much more comfortable with 51, 52 or 53 Dem senators instead of a bare 50-50.

I agree Gianforte is horrible while Daines is sort of "ok" for a GOPer, but MT-governorship isn't worth more than a senate seat. It's a small state population-wise and has an R-dominated State Legislature, causing the gov to have a smaller impact. Cooney could only govern by executive action or sign/veto GOP bills. Sure, I'd much rather have Cooney winning than Gianforte, but winning MT-Sen is more important for 2020. In terms of importance, I'd say MT-Sen > MT-Gov > MT-AL.

I said almost, I know the Senate is more important

But my reasoning is that Gianforte is really, really, awful. It's a state near and dear to my heart, and I'd hate to see it be governed by him, when Cooney is clearly a better alternative. Population size doesn't really come into it for me.

^^^^^^^^
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies