Religion Quiz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:34:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Religion Quiz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religion Quiz  (Read 5372 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: October 18, 2020, 11:58:32 AM »

This hasn't been done here in a long time.

http://www.selectsmart.com/religion/

My results have been consistent for a long time:

Secular Humanism (100%)
Unitarian Universalism (91%)
Non-theist (84%)
Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (72%)
Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (54%)
Taoism (49%)
Theravada Buddhism (48%)
Neo-Pagan (44%)
New Age (42%)
Reform Judaism (30%)
Mahayana Buddhism (29%)
Jainism (29%)
Scientology (28%)
Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (26%)
Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (23%)
New Thought (23%)
Sikhism (23%)
Bahai (20%)
Hinduism (16%)
Seventh Day Adventist (10%)
Jehovahs Witness (9%)
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (8%)
Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (5%)
Islam (4%)
Eastern Orthodox (0%)
Orthodox Judaism (0%)
Roman Catholic (0%)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:11:43 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2020, 12:18:46 PM by tmcitizen »

My top three are orthodox Quaker, Eastern Orthodox, and Catholic, and my bottom three are secular humanism, New Thought, and Christian Science.

Each set of three have enough important, obvious differences from one another that it really goes to show why one shouldn't actually choose one's religion based on an online quiz.
Most people don't. In fact, this may only show that they are already belong to the faith that fits their ideology. Others may get results that don't fit their religion at all. I suppose it's possible that for someone who is searching it could make them interested in finding out more about the religion that fits their beliefs, but I don't know if this has ever happened.
This quiz is certainly not comprehensive enough to get an accurate results for a lot of people.

edit: using a quiz like this as a sole criterion to chose a faith would be similar to using one to decide how to vote. Both would be foolish.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:05:03 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2020, 08:12:17 AM by tmcitizen »

I only know a little about Islam, but I didn't know much of the vocabulary so I skipped many questions:

Mutazila - Adherents are usually not accepted by Sunni scholars due to the Mu'tazili belief that human reason is more reliable than tradition. Because of this belief, Mu'tazilis tend to interpret passages of the Qur'an farther from their literal meanings than other Muslims, a practice frowned upon by many Sunni scholars. (100%)    

(note: the above makes a lot of sense due to it's emphasis on reason, and it sounds a lot like Sufism)

Shia - In contrast to other schools of thought, Shia Islam holds that Muhammad's family, the Ahl al-Bayt (the People of the House), and certain individuals among his descendants, who are known as Imams, have special spiritual and political authority over the community. (69%)    

Ashari - The school holds that human reason in and by itself was not capable of establishing with absolute certainty any truth-claim with respect to morality, the physical world, or metaphysical ideas. (37%)    

Salafi - A follower of a Sunni Islam. The principal tenet of Salafism is that Islam was perfect and complete during the days of Muhammad and his Sahaba, but that undesirable innovations have been added over the later centuries due to materialist and cultural influences. (0%)    

Unity Church (100%)    
Liberal Quakerism (99%)    
Unitarian Universalism (99%)    
Jehovah's Witness (49%)    
Mennonite Brethren (38%)    
Orthodox Quakerism (38%)    
Seventh-Day Adventist (35%)    
Mormonism (31%)    
Episcopal/Anglican Church (28%)    
Free Will Baptist (28%)    
Reformed Baptist (28%)    
Southern Baptist (28%)    
Methodist/Wesleyan Church (27%)    
Presbyterian Church USA (27%)    
Assemblies of God (23%)    
Church of Christ (19%)    
Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church (18%)    
Reformed Churches (18%)    
United Pentecostal Church (14%)    
Eastern Orthodox Church (12%)    
Evangelical Lutheran Church (9%)    
International Church of Christ (9%)    
Roman Catholic Church (2%)    
Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (0%)    

edit Q2 I strongly reject the Trinity which  explains my results... perhaps

Q2 "three distinct Persons" the word distinct makes it sound like "God" has something like a personality disorder (in which a person has distinct personalities).

The Trinity is why I could never call myself a Christian.
Also I know a lot about Quakerism, but I don't know if Orthodox Quakers believe in the Trinity.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:19:24 AM »

Q2 "three distinct Persons" the word distinct makes it sound like "God" has something like a personality disorder (in which a person has distinct personalities).

DID, despite its former name, isn't a personality disorder.
Whatever words you use it is difficult (if not impossible), to say that God is one and has three distinct personalities (even if you don't call this a disorder), which really makes no sense, given the definition of God (which has also unfortunately become ambiguous over time).
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »

Here is a simple way to determine what religion that you should follow:

https://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/religion-flowchart-20091027-125629.jpg
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies