Religion Quiz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:38:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Religion Quiz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religion Quiz  (Read 5349 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 18, 2020, 12:07:09 PM »

My top three are orthodox Quaker, Eastern Orthodox, and Catholic, and my bottom three are secular humanism, New Thought, and Christian Science.

Each set of three have enough important, obvious differences from one another that it really goes to show why one shouldn't actually choose one's religion based on an online quiz.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 09:11:22 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2020, 09:15:08 AM by The scissors of false economy »

For fun, I did the Islamic and Christian ones for fun,in the assumption that I believed in god.

For Islam I got Mutazila at 100% (expected) then Shia at 96%

http://selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=IslamicSects

For Christianity I got UU at 100%, then Unity Church, then Liberal Quakerism with RC, Missouri Synod Lutheranism and Eastern Orthodox at the bottom

http://selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christiandenom

There's a logic behind all three sets of results I think.

Oh, this is fun!

Christianity: Eastern Orthodox, Evangelical Lutheran, and Catholic as the top three, UU, JW, and Unity Church as the bottom three. Not sure why Quakerism is supposed to be so much more suited to me as a religion in general than as a Christian denomination.

Islam: Shia, then Mutazila. Apparently the way for you and me to see eye-to-eye on religious matters is for both of us to convert to Islam. Who knew?

Q2 "three distinct Persons" the word distinct makes it sound like "God" has something like a personality disorder (in which a person has distinct personalities).

DID, despite its former name, isn't a personality disorder.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »

Q2 "three distinct Persons" the word distinct makes it sound like "God" has something like a personality disorder (in which a person has distinct personalities).

DID, despite its former name, isn't a personality disorder.
Whatever words you use it is difficult (if not impossible), to say that God is one and has three distinct personalities (even if you don't call this a disorder), which really makes no sense, given the definition of God (which has also unfortunately become ambiguous over time).

I actually have a dear friend with DID (or about half a dozen dear friends, depending on how you look at it), and she's an even more fervent Catholic than I am who feels #represented by the dogma of the Trinity.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »

Buddhism top three: General Mahayana, Vajrayana, Pure Land. (Yogacara was fourth, which makes sense because I gave what I recognized as the orthodox Yogacara answer for what happens after we die--I think this answer does the best job of reconciling anatman with transmigration.)
Bottom three: Thai Forest Tradition, General Theravada, Madhyamaka

Judaism: Traditional, Modern Orthodox, Conservative, Hasidic, Reform, Reconstructionist, Messianic, Jewish Humanist, in that order

Wiccan traditions: I know very little about forms of Wicca outside the British Traditional Wicca category but Alexandrian was near the top and Gardnerian was about in the middle of the pack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies