GOP Starts Forging New Alliance with QAnon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:16:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP Starts Forging New Alliance with QAnon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Starts Forging New Alliance with QAnon  (Read 812 times)
woodley park

« on: October 18, 2020, 06:36:51 AM »

Just wait until mainstream news outlets starts “both sides”ing the QAnon folks. I try and remain hopeful that the American electorate will want nothing to do with these people, but I also fear that if a radicalized GOP is the alternative to the status quo, disaffected voters in 2022 will turn to it just because they want to vote against the status quo.
woodley park

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 06:47:06 AM »

Just wait until mainstream news outlets starts “both sides”ing the QAnon folks. I try and remain hopeful that the American electorate will want nothing to do with these people, but I also fear that if a radicalized GOP is the alternative to the status quo, disaffected voters in 2022 will turn to it just because they want to vote against the status quo.

This is part of the reason that left-of-centre parties around the world should've had the stones to stop trying to align themselves with a rapidly deteriorating status quo some time ago.

What I meant though is that just by virtue of being the incumbent party, Democrats will represent “status quo”, just like Obama did in 2009-2010, during the rise of the Tea Party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies