Discussing about America's greatness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:41:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Discussing about America's greatness (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Discussing about America's greatness  (Read 1023 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: October 21, 2020, 06:14:12 AM »
« edited: October 21, 2020, 06:33:33 AM by Velasco »

Personally I think that the 'greatness' of the USA is related to their culture and their people, not to the political system. Among other things, I admire that nation because it's the birth country of blues music and Toni Morrison. I know this is a common place, but the history of all nations is made of lights and shadows. It happens that the USA are a nation of continental dimensions, which eventually has become the world's largest superpower and the most influential country on cultural grounds. This means that people in the rest of the world is permeated with American culture, one way or another. In the same degree I love blues music and other products of the American black culture, I am aware they are rooted in the old slavery system. I mean that it's fine to celebrate the bright achievements American culture, which is rich and diverse, but we must remember that there's always a dark side (KKK, NRA). In that regard, the USA are not exceptional at all. As I said before, the exceptionality of the USA is related to the continental dimension and the superpower status
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies