Discussing about America's greatness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:55:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Discussing about America's greatness (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Discussing about America's greatness  (Read 1046 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 20, 2020, 12:16:53 PM »

Well, the one thing everyone can agree on is the Confederacy was a bad country. It was founded in racial subjugation quite explicitly, it was run mostly by the military, and had a “President” who was incompetent and clearly has his pockets filled with money from slave owning interests. This country would have been isolated economically and politically had it lived.
On a more serious note, Canada seems to be an America-ish nation built on a British model and often looks more like a “regular” nation not destined for greatness and is okay with it. I’d rather have this country be dominant instead of Russia or China given their serious human rights violations. The latter banned Winnie the Pooh of all things. How can you take a dictator who bans that character seriously?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 05:30:34 AM »

I also get a kick out of European countries being confused by US racism but then go on tirades about how filthy the Romani people and the refugees are
Or of how various regions of the same country hate each other. Italy is a good example as southern Italians are looked down on in their own country by people north of the Tiber river.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 05:56:07 AM »

Like Chesterton said. I love my mother even regardless if she is drunk or sober.

You can love your nation and culture and not be blind to blemishes in it's history.
Exactly. People can be proud of being Canadian(to name a different country), for instance, despite what that country did to its indigenous people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies