French history teacher stabbed, decapitated by Islamic extremist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:32:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French history teacher stabbed, decapitated by Islamic extremist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French history teacher stabbed, decapitated by Islamic extremist  (Read 2176 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: October 16, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »

Yes, but more importantly I'm sure he felt very culturally enriched as his head left his shoulders.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »

People ridicule Jesus and other aspects of Christianity all the time without anyone getting beheaded. It is not bigoted to point out that Islam is specifically having trouble adapting to the modern world.
Most places where they ridicule Christianity is where they face zero repercussions for such acts. Compare that to Russia where they are starting to jail critics of the Orthodox Church and Christianity—if the various gangs don’t get to them first that is.

This entire thread lacks the context of why and how France got to this position, which can be surely blamed on several intertwining factors

1. The deterioration of the outskirts of French metropolitan areas by the central government
2. Rise of Islamism appealing to dispossessed youths
3. Poor job market
4. “European“ Francophone chauvinism (Racism)
5. Accelerated Dismantling of the Welfare state

But noooo, clearly the very existence of these people is a cause of this Murder—material conditions be damned.

It's unbelievable how eager leftists are to consider factors like "economic anxiety" in incidents like these when the perpetrator isn't a white man.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 02:48:50 AM »

People ridicule Jesus and other aspects of Christianity all the time without anyone getting beheaded. It is not bigoted to point out that Islam is specifically having trouble adapting to the modern world.
Most places where they ridicule Christianity is where they face zero repercussions for such acts. Compare that to Russia where they are starting to jail critics of the Orthodox Church and Christianity—if the various gangs don’t get to them first that is.

This entire thread lacks the context of why and how France got to this position, which can be surely blamed on several intertwining factors

1. The deterioration of the outskirts of French metropolitan areas by the central government
2. Rise of Islamism appealing to dispossessed youths
3. Poor job market
4. “European“ Francophone chauvinism (Racism)
5. Accelerated Dismantling of the Welfare state

But noooo, clearly the very existence of these people is a cause of this Murder—material conditions be damned.

It's unbelievable how eager leftists are to consider factors like "economic anxiety" in incidents like these when the perpetrator isn't a white man.
Oh we do, we just say that the pork fed them idpol to act like an idiot instead of going after the real reason for their problems. Quite similar to the Islamic porky clerics in the Gulf and Pakistan responsible for propagating this to immigrant communities.

When a guy kills his wife and says "It was because she cheated on me," we generally accept that as an explanation for what transpired. Why, then, when a Muslim drives a van over a sidewalk full of tourists, do we not accept his explanation that he did it for religious reasons? Sorry, but as leftists are so fond of telling me, not every human decision is related to economic calculus. It's hard for atheists to understand, but religous people actually do believe this crap enough to act this way. No extra explanation required.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 01:27:34 PM »

At this point, saying "The clash of civilizations is a myth" requires the same amount of self-deception as saying "There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 08:19:04 PM »

In an ideal world, Western countries would provide support to those who have been exposed to Islamic fundamentalism, as China has.

True. In fact, I've heard that Muslims in China even receive free (re)education!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:47 PM »

I f**king despise both sides of this "issue" so much. You couldn't even wait for the poor guy to be underground before running to your precooked talking points, could you?

RIP to a massive FF who deserved much, much better, and I hope the murderer rots in jail for what he did. This is a human life, not a piece of a grand ideological narrative.

This was the same logic used by the Republicans in the wake of Parkland when Democrats started immediately pushing for more gun control. I did not buy the hand-wringing from them, so I can't buy it from you either. It doesn't behoove us to treat incidents like these as though they're completely isolated from the political sphere. Politics is the realm in which we work to remedy social ills. If someone is killed as a result of corporate negligence, a proliferation of weapons, or the failure to effectively integrate a minority community, then it is our responsibility to discuss how to fix those problems so that we can avoid future deaths.

This country has a weird belief that "you can't play politics with tragedies." Well, politics doesn't just stop operating during particularly gruesome events. I'd actually argue that that's when we need politics the most.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies