Hammy vs Horus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:38:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hammy vs Horus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Hammy vs Horus
Hammy

Horus

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Hammy vs Horus  (Read 1021 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »

BRTD does make some pretty difficult-to-defend comments about members of religions that aren't hipster Christianity, but Horus of all posters white-knighting for Orthodox Jews is awfully rich considering some of what he's said about them in the past. I can't find the post about the Arab states invading and ethnically cleansing Israel that ends "as for the Haredim, I don't care what happens to them" so I assume it must have been moderated, but I very clearly remember him making it.

This is a slap fight between two posters both of whom have long histories of sh**tting on observant Jews to flatter their own religious ideologies, but at least BRTD has the excuse of being a goy from North Dakota who doesn't have as much reason to know better.

I wasn't defending the Haredim, I was just explaining to BRTD that Evangelical Christianity is no better and he was being a hypocrite.

As for my other comment, you're taking it out of context.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »

BRTD does make some pretty difficult-to-defend comments about members of religions that aren't hipster Christianity, but Horus of all posters white-knighting for Orthodox Jews is awfully rich considering some of what he's said about them in the past. I can't find the post about the Arab states invading and ethnically cleansing Israel that ends "as for the Haredim, I don't care what happens to them" so I assume it must have been moderated, but I very clearly remember him making it.

This is a slap fight between two posters both of whom have long histories of sh**tting on observant Jews to flatter their own religious ideologies, but at least BRTD has the excuse of being a goy from North Dakota who doesn't have as much reason to know better.
One other big red flag on him to me was how fond he was of Jeremy Corbyn despite not really being similar ideologically. Obviously simply liking Corbyn doesn't make one an anti-Semite but someone of a more neoliberal orientation doing so raises red flags, this isn't the same as rose emoji Corbyn stans being willfully blind to or willing to overlook the anti-Semitic concerns in regards to him.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »

One other big red flag on him to me was how fond he was of Jeremy Corbyn despite not really being similar ideologically. Obviously simply liking Corbyn doesn't make one an anti-Semite but someone of a more neoliberal orientation doing so raises red flags, this isn't the same as rose emoji Corbyn stans being willfully blind to or willing to overlook the anti-Semitic concerns in regards to him.

Wrong again. I was never a big Corbyn fan, but I was absolutely gonna defend him from the silly accusations that he was the next Strasser. I think Starmer is much better and also preferred Ed Miliband.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2020, 11:04:20 PM »

I wasn't defending the Haredim, I was just explaining to BRTD that Evangelical Christianity is no better and he was being a hypocrite.

Okay, fair enough.

As for my other comment, you're taking it out of context.

I assure you that I remember the context quite well.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2020, 04:15:40 AM »

I literally did not realize that these were two different people until this very moment.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 05:59:53 PM »

Hammy easily. Me and him are something like kindred spirits in our pessimism that is rooted more in realism than in pure knee-jerk panic like with Horus.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies