NBC News Townhall Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:04:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NBC News Townhall Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC News Townhall Thread  (Read 6299 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« on: October 16, 2020, 09:20:04 AM »

Being on the west coast I decided to see Trump's town hall because it had already been held and aired and I read about it, and it sounded like similar type 'entertainment' of a train wreck.

I agree that Savannah Guthrie did a reasonable job, but I think she could have been much better.

I also agree with this from the Canadian trade negotiator Gordon Ritchie. Gordon Ritchie helped negotiate the original NAFTA and he was part of Canada's negotiating team with the new NAFTA negotiations. I heard this from him on the radio, so this isn't the exact quote, but it expresses his ideas correctly:

'What I tell people having negotiated with Trump is there is no need to get into any psychological analysis of him. I'm not saying that he doesn't have psychological issues but there is no need to wonder about his sanity, or conversely believe that he is playing some kind of four dimensional chess. All you need to know when dealing with Donald Trump is that he is appallingly ignorant.' ('Appallingly ignorant' is the exact term he used.)

For all of Savannah Guthrie keeping Trump in check, there were all sorts of times where Trump hid his obvious lack of knowledge by using adjectives "this is the best that could be done. It's beautiful" and so on.

I would have liked if at least once Savannah Guthrie had pressed Trump for details and forced him to expose his appalling ignorance.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 09:35:26 AM »

Again, it needs to be stated: Trump is the worst president ever.

There he goes again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies