IA-DFP: Greenfield +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  IA-DFP: Greenfield +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IA-DFP: Greenfield +4  (Read 1717 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2020, 08:36:10 AM »

Greenfield 47
Ernst 43

PRES: Trump 48-47

https://filesforprogress.org/memos/2020-senate-project/week-4/IA.pdf
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:36:48 AM »

It also appears undecideds are breaking for Greenfield:

In Iowa, Democrat Theresa Greenfield is going up against incumbent Republican Joni Ernst. We find
that Greenfield has a four point lead over Ernst (47 percent Greenfield, 43 percent Ernst). This puts
Greenfield running five points ahead of Biden in the state. Compared to our last poll of this race in
July, where we found Greenfield with a two point lead and 11 percent of voters not sure, these results
suggest undecided voters are making up their minds in Greenfield’s favor. Libertarian Rick Stewart and
Independent Suzanne Herzog enjoy three percent support (2 percent Steward, 1 percent Herzog).
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 08:41:20 AM »

Hum. Who are the 5% of voters who are voting for Trump but not voting for Senate?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:41:28 AM »

It also appears undecideds are breaking for Greenfield Greenfield gained two points (within the margin of error)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 08:43:34 AM »

Greenfield will most likely do better than Biden. IA and MT are important backup in case ME or NC go wrong, or the 51st seat, which would give me more comfort than a 50-50.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 08:58:44 AM »

I hope Greenfield is using some of her money to get some conservatives to vote third party. It might make the difference.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 09:08:07 AM »

Lean D takeover
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »

Yikes a D takeover sounds scary
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 10:06:33 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 11:48:23 AM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

October 8-11
822 likely voters
MoE: 3.4%
Changes with September 23-28

Greenfield 47% (+3)
Ernst 43% (+1)
Herzog (I)  2% (+1)
Stewart (L) 1% (n/c)
Other 0% (but some voters)
Not sure 6% (-6)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 11:32:56 AM »

While the fact that IA polling has been off the past several cycles shouldn't be ignored, I do have to say that polling over the past few months has been remarkably consistent in this race. With the exception of the very junky RABA poll, pretty much every poll has found Greenfield up by 2-5%. That's not enough of a lead to give me confidence, but Ernst does definitely need a decent polling error to win. It is true that Greenfield is just even with Biden, but even if we assume undecideds break somewhat in Ernst's favor, it seems more likely than not that she'll underperform Trump.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 11:35:39 AM »

I'll believe Ernst losing when I see it. I think she wins by 3-4 points as of now, since IA polls systematically underestimate Republicans. Also, Greenfield and Biden are both at 47% in this poll, so that's probably her ceiling.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 02:47:56 PM »

I'll believe Ernst losing when I see it. I think she wins by 3-4 points as of now, since IA polls systematically underestimate Republicans. Also, Greenfield and Biden are both at 47% in this poll, so that's probably her ceiling.

Iowa polls were pretty accurate in 2018.
woodley park

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 08:42:39 AM »

Ernst didn't know the break-even price for soybeans. Greenfield nailed the question on corn. Ernst is done!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 08:44:08 AM »

Ernst is done
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 09:05:41 AM »

IA polls are not off 7-8 pts. Greenfield's average right now is +4.8. The polling in 2018 was off R+3.7, so that would still give Greenfield a 1% win.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2020, 08:36:33 PM by Use Your Illusion »

Ernst didn't know the break-even price for soybeans. Greenfield nailed the question on corn. Ernst is done!

Came here to say this. She just signed her own death warrant. It sounds trivial but that is a BIG ing deal to farmers. Not knowing the break-even price on soybeans gives the appearance of being out of touch and you better believe undecideds are gonna break for Greenfield heavily. I don't know about Biden winning IA but I'm rather confident now the senate seat is gonna flip. Not just because of this but Greenfield has been trending up and closing the gap for some time now.

Late edit: unrelated but more a blurb from my own heart. I would love to see an Iowa Democratic Farmer-Labor Party just like in Minnesota. I feel like if there's any other place it could work it would be there
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »

Came here to say this. She just signed her own death warrant. It sounds trivial but that is a BIG ing deal to farmers. Not knowing the break-even price on soybeans gives the appearance of being out of touch and you better believe undecideds are gonna break for Greenfield heavily. I don't know about Biden winning IA but I'm rather confident now the senate seat is gonna flip. Not just because of this but Greenfield has been trending up and closing the gap for some time now.

Late edit: unrelated but more a blurb from my own heart. I would love to see an Iowa Democratic Farmer-Labor Party just like in Minnesota. I feel like if there's any other place it could work it would be there

The 2014 Democratic nominee made a comment about Grassley being "a farmer from Iowa without a law degree" in charge of the Senate Judiciary Committee, & Ernst successfully used it in a ton of attack ads, so yeah, I won't be surprised at all if/when the IA Dems capitalize on this by plastering the clip of it all over the state over these next few weeks.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 09:22:58 PM »

The 2014 Democratic nominee made a comment about Grassley being "a farmer from Iowa without a law degree" in charge of the Senate Judiciary Committee, & Ernst successfully used it in a ton of attack ads, so yeah, I won't be surprised at all if/when the IA Dems capitalize on this by plastering the clip of it all over the state over these next few weeks.

Yeah, Bob Belicheck was terrible.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 10:57:36 PM »

Who is that? Do you mean Bruce Braley?
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 11:26:25 PM »

No, he means Brent Brasby.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 11:41:19 PM »

I'm sure Ernst proving ust how out of touch she is with her constituents with her debate responses will help her.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 03:57:10 AM »

Wow, amazing! And this was taken before the CORN bump and the SOYBEANS meltdown!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 04:02:32 AM »

Actually, it’s Billy Brently.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 06:47:11 AM »

Hum. Who are the 5% of voters who are voting for Trump but not voting for Senate?

We know many people who voted for Trump in 2016 don’t have an automatic affinity for the GOP. It’s about him. They probably have a high misogyny risk, too.
woodley park

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 05:49:47 PM »

Actually, it’s Billy Brently.

You're all wrong, he was Bum Bulling.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies