Civiqs/Daily Kos: Hickenlooper +11 (CO), Cunningham +6 (NC), Warner +11 (VA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:26:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Civiqs/Daily Kos: Hickenlooper +11 (CO), Cunningham +6 (NC), Warner +11 (VA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Civiqs/Daily Kos: Hickenlooper +11 (CO), Cunningham +6 (NC), Warner +11 (VA)  (Read 1505 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 15, 2020, 09:33:35 AM »

Well, the NRSC still seems to be going all in on the CO race (judging from their Twitter account, they’re quite obsessed with this state). I still can’t fathom how one of the most important organizations in this country can be this incompetent, but I can’t fathom many things these days.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »

Well, the NRSC still seems to be going all in on the CO race (judging from their Twitter account, they’re quite obsessed with this state). I still can’t fathom how one of the most important organizations in this country can be this incompetent, but I can’t fathom many things these days.

They can't just abandon an incumbent who even in the face of defeat continues to support loyally the party line.

Yeah, it’s just insane from a strategic perspective if your self-declared utmost priority is holding and/or expanding the Republican Senate majority. They could still salvage MT/IA/KS/SC/TX/AL and maybe one or two of ME/MI/NC, but they’re just wasting valuable resources in CO and AZ at this point. Unless their private polling is radically different from the public polls showing Gardner getting crushed even after the barrage of attacks on Hickenlooper and Gardner's "excellent campaign", it’s just completely unjustifiable malpractice.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 01:50:15 PM »

Gardner was the prior NRSC chair when they gained seats. That's the ONLY reason.

And a lousy one at that (half-hearted/no involvement in MT/WV/OH where Republicans were badly outspent/defined early, prioritizing AZ and especially NV over more winnable races, not pushing for Jenkins in WV, etc.). The headline shouldn’t have said "Republicans score big wins in Senate", it should have been "Republicans fail to lock Democrats out of Senate majority until 2022."

Their only impressive win was FL, and that had nothing to do with Gardner and everything with Scott's $$$/strengths as a candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies