Resolution to pass powers of the Dean of the House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resolution to pass powers of the Dean of the House
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resolution to pass powers of the Dean of the House  (Read 262 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2020, 11:34:09 PM »

We are four days late in opening a vote to elect the Speaker of the House. Looking at the House procedures I found this in the Definitions section:

3.) The Dean of the House is defined as the serving Representative, who is not the Speaker, with the longest continuous service in the Representative in his or her present stint of service. For the purposes of this clause, continuous service begins at the moment of swearing-in in the first term of the stint of service. The House may, by a two-thirds majority vote on an ordinary resolution, pass the title, powers and responsibilities of the Dean of the House, to the next longest serving Representative (not having been removed from the position by the House previously), for any reason whatsoever.
https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=House_of_the_Representatives_Rules_and_Procedures_for_Operation

I don't know if anyone can introduce a resolution or only the Speaker can. If it's the Speaker I guess we are going in circles. Otherwise I will try this so we can move on:

This is a resolution to pass the title, powers and responsibilities of the Dean of the House to the next longest serving Representative.

I vote aye
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 12:54:17 AM »

I have PMed razze about opening the vote and am waiting for a response. He has in fact been online, so I'm hoping he can get to it soon; we'll probably have to move forward with this resolution if he doesn't. Hopefully we don't need to do this, though.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 01:00:35 AM »

People here are a bit preoccupied with the real election, so I'll admit a little lag isn't bothering me too much. We are all here for elections that happen every two years, every four years for presidential elections, and even less likely that an incumbent president is defeated. So while I would like to get the ball rolling here, I'm willing to cut a little slack given the circumstances.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 01:17:53 AM »

I've contacted him on discord. Hope to get a reply soon.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »

Leave it to Poirot to organize a coup!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »

It's not a coup. It was like Waiting for Godot. Who knows when you would show up. It was just a way to start the procedures.

This is withdrawn obviously.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies