What if Trump ran as a Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:27:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What if Trump ran as a Democrat?  (Read 13851 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2021, 08:25:22 AM »

Absolutely amazing timeline. If this was our timeline I’d probably vote for Trump.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »

How to Make a DIY 'Sexy Donald Trump' Costume
-Buzzfeed, 10/15/2015

This is hilarious and a little concerning at the same time.
Sabotabby_
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »

This tl looks really cool
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »

Kevin Dietsch-Pool/Getty Images

Prologue

Donald Trump blasts lawsuit questioning Obama's eligibility for office
-CNN, 08/28/2008
Businessman Donald Trump criticized a lawsuit alleging that presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama had lied about his citizenship, which would make him ineligible for President. Trump called the lawsuit "racist slander" and suggested that the story was a fabrication on behalf of the Republican Party to boost John McCain's chances in the general election.

"I mean, you have a guy who is the first African-American to be a nominee, and now you have these people saying that he's not really an American. Well, where were these people when Mike Dukakis was running? He was Greek. I think it's because of the color of his [Obama's] skin, I really do. And it's such a shame because African-Americans have done tremendous things for this country."

Trump endorses Obama on Larry King
-Politico, 09/17/2008
Donald Trump, the flamboyant New York magnate, said on CNN’s “Larry King Live” on Wednesday night that he is supporting Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president.

Trump, never shy with his opinions, went on to say that Obama appears to be winning, but that he would have preferred if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) were the nominee.

“I don't understand why Hillary wasn't chosen [by the voters],” Trump said. “She was really winning. I have a friend that came to this country and was here for the last four weeks of that whole election. He said: How did she lose? She won every primary? He didn't understand it. But I trust Hillary, she's a good friend of mine, and I trust her judgement. She has tremendous judgement. So I trust Obama. I think a black president would be a great thing for this country."

With regard to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz) Trump had this to say: “I know John McCain, and John McCain's a great guy, a tremendous guy,” Trump told King. “I've known him for a long time. And I have great knowledge of John McCain, but frankly a little hope and change might just be what this country needs right now. Bush has done a terrible job. I think Obama could do a lot better. I know he'll raise my taxes, but I'm really rich. It won't matter to me.”

Thank god for the electoral college.
-@realDonaldTrump, 11/06/2012

Russia beat the United States in the Olympics - another time the Republicans have held Obama and this great country back. LET OBAMA WORK!
-Facebook post by Donald Trump, 02/24/2014

Ebola has been confirmed in N.Y.C., with officials frantically trying to find all of the people and things he had contact with. Listen to Obama!
-@realDonaldTrump, 10/23/2014

Trump 'seriously considering' 2016 bid
-CNN, 12/16/2014
Once again, Donald Trump claims he's flirting with a run for the White House.

"A lot of people think I have fun with [talking about running for president] and I enjoy the process, but the country is in very serious trouble so I am considering it seriously," the celebrity mogul said at the Economic Club of Washington on Monday night.

Asked when he'll decide, Trump said: "March, April or May."

"I think we need someone very good, very fast, or we'll be in a lot of trouble," Trump said.
He said he'd rather do what he's doing now, but that as far as a run for the presidency goes, "until I see someone I think is outstanding, I'd be inclined to do it."

Since 1988, Trump has famously considered running for president, even saying he'd "strongly consider" running in 2012 if Obama declined to run for a second term.

But Obama did run for re-election, and Trump endorsed his campaign for the second time.

Breaking: Hillary Clinton declines 2016 bid, citing health problems
-MSNBC, 03/28/2015

Donald Trump to seek Democratic nomination for President in 2016
-CBS News, 06/16/2015

He probably could have won in 2008 or especially earlier but there was no chance after the Obama era. The bottom really started falling out for Ds among working-class whites during that time and the remaining D primary electorate would've overwhelmingly rejected him by 2016.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2021, 01:14:23 AM »

Just wanted to say this is fantastic.

Looking forward to the match-up.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2022, 10:26:53 PM »

BUMP
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2022, 07:45:09 PM »

"In 1973, I believe, Mr. Trump was sued by the Justice Department for racial discrimination — because he would not rent apartments in one of his developments to African-Americans, and he made sure that the people who worked for him understood that was the policy."
-Bernie Sanders at the Democratic debate, 09/15/2015

"Wrong... we settled the suit with zero, with no admission of guilt. You know why? Because they couldn't find anything. In 1973, that was Richard Nixon's Justice Department. Do you think he's a friend to the African-American community? He's not, he destroyed their community with the War on Drugs. They admitted it years ago, did you know that? This country has left the African-American community behind, and that is going to end when I am President."
-Donald Trump at the Democratic debate, 09/15/2015

‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
-The New York Times, 09/16/2015

NOT A SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE?!
-@realDonaldTrump, 09/16/2015

Rahm Emmanuel suspends presidential campaign
-The Hill, 09/16/2015

Tuesday's debate saw a record 16.1 million viewers... Wednesday's saw only 8.7. Huge drop.
-@NateSilver538, 09/18/2015

"I will do whatever it takes to make sure women have access to abortion in this country. Roe is not going anywhere, okay? And if this Supreme Court says otherwise... well, they're just going to have to go through me. I will protect you no matter what. Back-alley abortions with the coat hangers or a trip to Mexico... do we really want to go back to that? I'm not going to let that happen."
-Donald Trump at a rally in New Hampshire, 09/25/2015

Reuters Democratic primary poll
Trump 35%
Warren 30%
Sanders 10%
Booker 4%
Brown 3%
O'Malley 2%
Baldwin 1%
Klobuchar 1%
Castro 1%
Bayh 1%
Undecided 12%

-@Politics_Polls, 09/26/2015

Trump leads primary poll for first time
-The Hill, 09/27/2015

Iowa is still a long time away, but right now this is Trump or Warren's race to lose.
-@NateSilver538, 09/27/2015

CNN hypothetical matchup poll, nationwide
Trump 40% Bush 43%
Trump 42% Cruz 44%
Trump 39% Rubio 43%
Trump 40% Christie 43%
Warren 43% Bush 44%
Warren 44% Cruz 42%
Warren 38% Rubio 44%
Warren 41% Christie 44%

-@Politics_Polls, 09/28/2015

Breaking: Former Sec. Hillary Clinton endorses Donald Trump
-Fox News, 09/28/2015

"Donald Trump is a long-time friend of mine. He is a proud defender of women's rights. He is a proud defender of access to affordable healthcare. And he is a proud defender of this country, nd that's why I'm endorsing him for President of the United States."
-Hillary Clinton at a Trump rally, 09/28/2015

"Frankly, I think that she may be jealous that Elizabeth Warren could be first female president, and not her."
-Gloria Steinem on MSNBC, 09/28/2015

"I think that her comments were very hurtful. Hillary Clinton is free woman who can make her own decisions. She decided to endorse my father because she knows that he will be an ally to women everywhere."
-Ivanka Trump on ABC News, 09/29/2015

Ten Times Ivanka Trump Made Our Jaws Drop
-Buzzfeed, 09/30/2015

Marco Rubio likes tweet calling Ivanka Trump 'bimbo'
-The Hill, 10/01/2015

Little Marco should stay away from my daughter, and any other woman for that matter!
-@realDonaldTrump, 10/01/2015

Rubio says tweet was accidentally 'liked' by staffer
-USA Today, 10/02/2015

Tammy Baldwin drops out of presidential race, endorses Warren
-CNN, 10/04/2015

Evan Bayh suspends campaign
-The Hill, 10/06/2015

Bobby Jindal suspends campaign, endorses Marco Rubio
-Fox News, 10/12/2015

Lindsey Graham drops out of race, endorses Jeb Bush
-CNN, 10/14/2015

How to Make a DIY 'Sexy Donald Trump' Costume
-Buzzfeed, 10/15/2015

--

Remaining candidates

Democrats: Elizabeth Warren, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Cory Booker, Martin O'Malley, Sherrod Brown, Amy Klobuchar, Julian Castro

Republican: Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, John Kasich, Ben Carson, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum

Apologies again for the MUCH longer than anticipated update. I will update at least twice before the end of the year.
When will the next update come?
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2022, 07:57:30 PM »

Donald Trump: 276 electoral votes
Ted Cruz: 262 electoral votes

The 2000s coalition holding up
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2022, 09:01:40 AM »

This is great
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2022, 01:54:07 PM »

More updates?
Sabotabby_
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2022, 07:46:38 PM »

Bump?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2022, 11:54:05 PM »

BUMP
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2022, 08:49:40 PM »

B U M P
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2022, 10:06:29 PM »

90% of the posts in this thread are people bumping this masterpiece.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2022, 11:43:31 PM »

By the way we still need this to come back Fergie
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2022, 01:41:06 PM »

The disappointment I felt when I saw that there were new posts in this thread only to find out it's just people asking for updates is immeasurable. One of my favorite timelines on all of Atlas, probably second only to Upon a Cross of Globalism.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2023, 08:37:27 PM »

The streets haven't forgotten this Ferg
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2023, 05:14:32 PM »

The streets haven't forgotten this Ferg

Sadly I don't think this will ever be completed, but it has to be a contender for best aborted timeline in forum history.
Sabotabby_
United States

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2023, 01:20:09 AM »

Cry
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2023, 01:25:22 AM »

The disappointment I felt when I saw that there were new posts in this thread only to find out it's just people asking for updates is immeasurable.
Republican Party Stalwart
Stalwart_Grantist
United States

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2023, 02:45:55 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2023, 09:06:48 PM by Republican Party Stalwart »

I am curious if Trump will call Warren "pochahantas" in this timeline.

The "Pocahontas" insult could easily be framed as a witty rebuke of "cultural appropriation," "white privilege," "white narcissism," etc.

"Privileged white people thinking that they are special for being 'part Indian' - without being cognizant of the fact that they are white passing, were socialized as white, and have white privilege - do not share the indigenous experience, yet still feel entitled to the benefits provided by 'racial justice' programs - simply because they are so blinded by white narcissism and white naivety and white privilege that they do not realize that they do not need those programs whereas indigenous people actually do."

"Being proud of oneself for 'having a little bit of Native American in me' is a form of white privilege because actual Native Americans are oppressed for having 'Native American in them,' and white people are ignorant about indigenous people and the crimes of their ancestors, and do not realize how callous it is to appropriate the identities of the people they are oppressing and killing for having those identities."

"The privileged white obsession with 'having a little bit of Indian in me' is based on, derived from, and motivated by untrue romanticized stereotypes of indigenous people, which fetishize negative stereotypes of indigenous people as being 'one with nature' or 'noble savages' or 'Indian princesses,' which have been used to oppress real native people by painting them all as ignorant and barbarous."

"These Karens be thinking that they are special princesses for being 'part Native American.' OK, Pocahontas. Now, can the real indigenous people speak up?"

"Even though Warren has white privilege, she selfishly stole opportunities which were explicitly created for already-marginalized people to have justice done for them. Canceling her doesn't go far enough."
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2023, 07:35:19 PM »

I am curious if Trump will call Warren "pochahantas" in this timeline.

The "Pocahontas" insult could easily be framed as a witty rebuke of "cultural appropriation," "white privilege," "white narcissism," etc.

"Privileged white people thinking that they are special for being 'part Indian' - without being cognizant of the fact that they are white passing, were socialized as white, and have white privilege - and therefore do not share the indigenous experience, yet still feel entitled to the benefits provided by 'racial justice' programs simply because they are so blinded by white narcissism and white naivety and white privilege that they do not realize that they do not need those programs whereas indigenous people actually do."

"Being proud of oneself for 'having a little bit of Native American in me' is a form of white privilege because actual Native Americans are oppressed for having 'Native American in them,' and white people are ignorant about indigenous people and the crimes of their ancestors, and do not realize how callous it is to appropriate the identities of the people they are oppressing and killing for having those identities."

"The privileged white obsession with 'having a little bit of Indian in me' is based on, derived from, and motivated by untrue romanticized stereotypes of indigenous people, which fetishize negative stereotypes of indigenous people as being 'one with nature' or 'noble savages' or 'Indian princesses,' which have been used to oppress real native people by painting them all as ignorant and barbarous."

"These Karens be thinking that they are special princesses for being 'part Native American.' OK, Pocahontas. Now, can the real indigenous people speak up?"

"Even though Warren has white privilege, she selfishly stole opportunities which were explicitly created for already-marginalized people to have justice done for them. Canceling her doesn't go far enough."

Yeah Warren saying she was native (and using that to her benefit) despite being like 1/20,000 native was incredibly embarassing and stupid no matter what your politics is.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2023, 10:35:45 AM »

My take :
Double digit margins in the Rust Belt (WI, MI, PA, MN), single digit margins in other states (WV, IA, OH, FL) depending on the GOP candidate.

Trump Vs. Ted Cruz :

Trump Vs. Marco Rubio :

Trump Vs. John Kasisch :

Trump Vs Jeb! (joke map)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2023, 05:48:05 PM »