S.20.3.25: Enforcing Our Laws Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:55:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.3.25: Enforcing Our Laws Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.3.25: Enforcing Our Laws Act (Failed)  (Read 1001 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« on: October 19, 2020, 12:13:30 AM »

I think that instead of tightening the punishments, we should make the legal immigration process easier so that those who wish to live in Atlasia, whether for personal pleasure or escape from tyranny, shall be able to do so easier without breaking our laws. Therefore, I just don't think this bill is the best answer to the region's immigration question.

We are not tightening any punishments. We are just enforcing the laws of the land. People are not allowed to break the law just because they feel like it. If you want to make legal immigration easier, I believe that is a matter of federal law. We do not have open borders because it would completely obliterate our current welfare programs that are so important for poor Atlasians.

Can someone provide me with the current immigration laws? If they're looser in game than they are IRL, then I could maybe support this.

My understanding is that the main immigration law for Atlasia is this passed in 2017:

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Come_Out_of_the_Shadows_Act
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:23:40 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies