AK-AL - Alaska Survey Research: Galvin +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AK-AL - Alaska Survey Research: Galvin +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-AL - Alaska Survey Research: Galvin +2  (Read 1163 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 12:17:43 PM »

Undecided 6% according to the account where the other #s were released

They didn't poll this race previously
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »

Eh we’ve seen this multiple times here.  I’ve lost count of the times Don Young has trailed in polls and then went on to win.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 12:29:43 PM »

I've also become wary of polls showing Young trailing, but it's definitely interesting that Galvin is leading despite the rest of the Dem ticket trailing in the same poll.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »

Eh we’ve seen this multiple times here.  I’ve lost count of the times Don Young has trailed in polls and then went on to win.

Agreed. Don Young will be in the House until he is carried out in a gurney. He will not lose, even if Dan Sullivan goes down to Al Gross.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 07:09:30 PM »

Agreed. Don Young will be in the House until he is carried out in a gurney. He will not lose, even if Dan Sullivan goes down to Al Gross.

I read this as "goes down on" at first. Ew!
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »

Gross
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 07:30:01 PM »

gives new meaning to the phrase "blowing a race"
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »

Good news for Gross, I suppose. I really doubt Young gets taken out, but I hope I'm proven wrong.
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 10:35:54 PM »

Everything is true until it isn't.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 11:04:06 PM »

Young did worse than Dunleavy in 2018 and is doing six points worse (in terms of margin) than Sullivan in this poll, so it’s not exactly impossible for him to lose while Sullivan wins narrowly, especially in a massive Democratic wave.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 11:39:36 PM »

While I don't see Young losing, if the Democrats win this seat, it could be huge in the event of the presidential race tightening. Winning the Alaska seat (or Montana) would deny the Republicans a majority of state delegations in the House (if everything else stays the same) which would be crucial in the event of an electoral tie. With that said, if the presidential race tightens to the point that we get a tie, then it is likely Democrats are not knocking off Young, but might as well make an effort!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 11:54:22 PM »

Young did worse than Dunleavy in 2018 and is doing six points worse (in terms of margin) than Sullivan in this poll, so it’s not exactly impossible for him to lose while Sullivan wins narrowly, especially in a massive Democratic wave.

Yes, it's possible for Young to lose, but I personally doubt it, given that he survived both 2008 and 2018. If he did lose, he would be the first Dean in almost ninety years to lose a general election, since Gilbert N. Haugen was swept out of office in Roosevelt's 1932 landslide.
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 12:13:46 AM »

Yes, it's possible for Young to lose, but I personally doubt it, given that he survived both 2008 and 2018. If he did lose, he would be the first Dean in almost ninety years to lose a general election, since Gilbert N. Haugen was swept out of office in Roosevelt's 1932 landslide.

What's your point?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 12:19:51 AM »

What's your point?

What do you mean? I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Young losing-I'm just expressing my personal opinion that he won't. And I was reflecting on an interesting fact-this is an Elections Board after all, where we can share and muse over such information.
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 09:02:55 PM »

What's your point?

What do you mean? I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Young losing-I'm just expressing my personal opinion that he won't. And I was reflecting on an interesting fact-this is an Elections Board after all, where we can share and muse over such information.

Oh, just making sure
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 09:41:35 PM »

Isn't Alaska the opposite of Nevada in that polls regularly over state Democrats strength for some reasons?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies