MT-MSU: Gianforte +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:10:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MT-MSU: Gianforte +5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-MSU: Gianforte +5  (Read 944 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:18:30 AM »

Gianforte 47%
Cooney 42%

https://www.ktvh.com/news/election-2020/msu-poll-bullock-rosendale-gianforte-leading-slightly-trump-up-by-7-in-mt
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 10:20:40 AM »

Damn I like Cooney
Hm
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 10:22:43 AM »

There was only one acceptable Mike 2020 and he's a statewide officeholder in another mountain west state.

Mid-September to October 2
1615 likely voters
MoE: 3.9%

Lymon Bishop (L) 4%
Undecided 7%
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »

Yikes. I doubt there's a seven-point gap between this and the Senate race, but it's not looking good for Cooney.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:32:30 AM »

Yikes. I doubt there's a seven-point gap between this and the Senate race, but it's not looking good for Cooney.

Consider toplines as well as margins. This race has the highest percentage of undecided voters out of any polled this time around (with the exception of the ballot initiative), so there's plenty of room for a fightback.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 10:35:54 AM »

Consider toplines as well as margins. This race has the highest percentage of undecided voters out of any polled this time around (with the exception of the ballot initiative), so there's plenty of room for a fightback.

Eh, the writing on the wall is there. Montana will have its first Republican governor since 2005 Sad
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:38:50 AM »

Eh, the writing on the wall is there. Montana will have its first Republican governor since 2005 Sad

If "the writing is on the wall" with a lead of 45% to 40% then you may as well write off Collins, Tillis, James, etc. (and Trump's reelection bid months ago). Gianforte is decently favoured in my view (a firm lean R) but Cooney has a semi-decent chance of turning it around and the party/donors would be stupid to triage it. It's important to note that final margins tend to mean less in non-federal races because voters tend to have a bit more flexibility that far downballot and so there are more people open to persuasion who might end up breaking heavily for one candidate in the final stretch.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »

If "the writing is on the wall" with a lead of 45% to 40% then you may as well write off Collins, Tillis, James, etc. (and Trump's reelection bid months ago). Gianforte is decently favoured in my view (a firm lean R) but Cooney has a semi-decent chance of turning it around and the party/donors would be stupid to triage it. It's important to note that final margins tend to mean less in non-federal races because voters tend to have a bit more flexibility that far downballot and so there are more persuadable voters.

I mean we shouldn't triage, I want to stand and fight here....but I think Collins, Tillis, James and, Trump are all going to lose...sooooo

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2020, 01:08:45 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

MSU Bozeman poll to be found here: https://helpslab.montana.edu/index.html

September 14-October 2
The Libertarian is actually at less than 2% in this poll with the total "Other" vote including them summing to 4%.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 11:07:15 AM »

At least Williams and Cooney won’t have to hang their heads in shame because they could only win by appealing to the lowest common denominator.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »

At least Williams and Cooney won’t have to hang their heads in shame because they could only win by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Don't worry, Cooney will shoot a television in an ad soon and the populists Purple heart will love it

And also so will I, because it's cool

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »

If Cooney loses without even going to the effort of delivering the October Surprise flat top haircut, he should hang his head in shame anyway.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »

Safe R
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »

Don't worry, Cooney will shoot a television in an ad soon and the populists Purple heart will love it

And also so will I, because it's cool

Bullock was the popular one, Cooney wasn't, and neither was Walsh, both his LT Govs
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 11:13:53 AM »

Yup, it looks like Dems are finally running out of luck with MT-gov races. I think Cooney is too much seen as a career politican, and MT voters for some reason prefer their #populist heroes. Lean R.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 11:23:17 AM »

And Gianforte no less. Ugh!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 11:37:53 AM »

And Gianforte no less. Ugh!

Ugh!!!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies