WV-MetroNews/Research America: Trump +15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:28:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  WV-MetroNews/Research America: Trump +15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-MetroNews/Research America: Trump +15  (Read 4367 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: November 20, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »

Off by 24 points. Unexplainable by sampling error and other typical excuses. Just like I've been saying for months, these polls have a systematic problem with rural and non-college whites that goes way beyond education weighting. West Virginia is the state that has the most rural, Republican, and non-college white combination. So the polls would be the worst here if this was systematic to those variables. And they are.

While I don't necessarily buy this exact margin, I'm thoroughly convinced that Biden gets a bump in places simply because he's an older white male.  

Wow, the white male bump got him a 3 point Democratic swing and a 1 point or less of Democratic trend. Did 13 points worse than Barack Obama. I was told Democrats would recover and were only voting Republican because of racism and sexism. The fact that Republicans on this forum bought into the identity politics laced thinking about the motives of people just goes to show how insulated we are as a community.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 04:57:51 PM »

Off by 24 points. Unexplainable by sampling error and other typical excuses. Just like I've been saying for months, these polls have a systematic problem with rural and non-college whites that goes way beyond education weighting. West Virginia is the state that has the most rural, Republican, and non-college white combination. So the polls would be the worst here if this was systematic to those variables. And they are.

While I don't necessarily buy this exact margin, I'm thoroughly convinced that Biden gets a bump in places simply because he's an older white male.  

Wow, the white male bump got him a 3 point Democratic swing and a 1 point or less of Democratic trend. Did 13 points worse than Barack Obama. I was told Democrats would recover and were only voting Republican because of racism and sexism. The fact that Republicans on this forum bought into the identity politics laced thinking about the motives of people just goes to show how insulated we are as a community.

If you're using me as an example of a standard Republican, you're doing it wrong, EG Tongue

No. I'm saying the opposite, that there were plenty of people like you (Republicans who supported Biden) that are way overrepresented on this forum compared to the real electorate, who bought into the line of thinking that Biden would do better simply because he's a white male. I'm pointing out there's only a fraction of an already small minority of people who are willing to push back over stuff like this - narratives that there's no evidence for. Your a good person and poster, btw, but you did buy into some nonsense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies