WA GOV, LTGOV, AG, SoS - SurveyUSA/KING-TV: Dems and Wyman lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:54:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WA GOV, LTGOV, AG, SoS - SurveyUSA/KING-TV: Dems and Wyman lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA GOV, LTGOV, AG, SoS - SurveyUSA/KING-TV: Dems and Wyman lead  (Read 3111 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: October 14, 2020, 10:52:00 PM »

Washington elections are very well-run. She is also known as extremely competent and non-ideological, which allows her to win a significant amount of crossover support. In 2016, she won by 10 as Trump lost the state by 16.

Hopefully Wyman manages to win reelection. Polarization should not be allowed to wipe away opposing-party incumbents who are noncontroversial, enjoy high approval ratings, and do well in their positions. Likewise, I hope that West Virginia's Democratic State Treasurer Perdue wins reelection, and the polls indicate that he's favored.

Sadly, my home state of Colorado isn't so inclined to split tickets anymore. In 2018, I voted for every statewide Democrat except for one: Jena Griswold, who is Secretary of State here (and therefore a colleague of Wyman's). Her Republican predecessor, Wayne Williams, was very competent and noncontroversial, but he could not withstand the Democratic wave here. Of course, I don't have a problem with Griswold, and she has been just as competent and effective as Williams was. But I still would have liked for Colorado to have at least one Republican statewide row officer, so that they wouldn't be completely shut out.

I think Wyman is probably narrowly favored, on the other hand, I think Purdue is going to go down, WV has just gradually become more and more hostile for Democrats, and I don't think he'll survive Trump winning WV by 30+ points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies