WA GOV, LTGOV, AG, SoS - SurveyUSA/KING-TV: Dems and Wyman lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WA GOV, LTGOV, AG, SoS - SurveyUSA/KING-TV: Dems and Wyman lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA GOV, LTGOV, AG, SoS - SurveyUSA/KING-TV: Dems and Wyman lead  (Read 3019 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2020, 08:14:09 PM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=544b4e4e-7820-4e83-b51a-41423dda3b8a

October 8-12
591 likely voters
MoE: 5.2%
Changes with July 22-27

GOV
Inslee (D) 54% (-7)
Culp (R) 40% (+8)
Undecided 6% (-1)

LTGOV
Heck (D) 31%
Liias (D) 18%
Undecided 52%

AG
Ferguson (D) 49%
Lark (R) 38%
Undecided 13%

SoS
Wyman (R) 45%
Tarleton (D) 40%
Undecided 14%
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 08:24:42 PM »

I didn't even know Denny Heck was running for Lieutenant Governor.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 08:28:01 PM »

Glad Wyman is ahead. Would have really sucked to see her lose solely because of party affiliation.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 08:37:13 PM »

New Poll: Washington Governor by Survey USA on 2020-10-12

Summary: D: 54%, R: 40%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 08:39:23 PM »

Inslee is going to win but it's still concerning to see Culp improving. This state can honestly go to hell if it votes for Culp. Also wish they polled the Superintendent of Public Instruction election. If Espinoza wins my school is going to go to sh**t.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 09:50:44 PM »

I doubt the race has changed that much, but Inslee +14 is believable. Wyman is somewhat favored, but it’s not impossible that she loses. She will be the only statewide elected Republican if she does win, though.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 09:58:37 PM »

45% really isn’t reassuring for Wyman...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »

Glad Wyman is ahead. Would have really sucked to see her lose solely because of party affiliation.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 09:26:07 AM »

If Wyman runs, she will run against Murray in 2022.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 09:30:50 AM »

Wouldn't she prefer a more reliable House seat or a run at the governor's mansion? Even if you don't think WA is titanium D at the Senatorial level, it's an incredibly steep climb.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »

Wouldn't she prefer a more reliable House seat or a run at the governor's mansion? Even if you don't think WA is titanium D at the Senatorial level, it's an incredibly steep climb.

I would doubt she’s interested in a Senate run. I think it’s more likely she runs for Governor if Inslee retires in 2024. She would have absolutely no chance in a Senate race, even in a Republican wave.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 11:17:46 AM »

So many undecideds in the Lt. Gov. race. Any chance Freed can somehow get his write-in miracle with Democrats divided, or am I just being a worrywart?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 12:25:17 PM »

Yeah Wyman would stand no chance at winning a statewide federal race but she could win a house seat and she would stand a chance at winning the governorship if the Dem was a bad candidate
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »

Why is Wyman so great?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »

She's not
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 07:54:13 PM »

Washington elections are very well-run. She is also known as extremely competent and non-ideological, which allows her to win a significant amount of crossover support. In 2016, she won by 10 as Trump lost the state by 16.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »

Washington elections are very well-run. She is also known as extremely competent and non-ideological, which allows her to win a significant amount of crossover support. In 2016, she won by 10 as Trump lost the state by 16.

Hopefully Wyman manages to win reelection. Polarization should not be allowed to wipe away opposing-party incumbents who are noncontroversial, enjoy high approval ratings, and do well in their positions. Likewise, I hope that West Virginia's Democratic State Treasurer Perdue wins reelection, and the polls indicate that he's favored.

Sadly, my home state of Colorado isn't so inclined to split tickets anymore. In 2018, I voted for every statewide Democrat except for one: Jena Griswold, who is Secretary of State here (and therefore a colleague of Wyman's). Her Republican predecessor, Wayne Williams, was very competent and noncontroversial, but he could not withstand the Democratic wave here. Of course, I don't have a problem with Griswold, and she has been just as competent and effective as Williams was. But I still would have liked for Colorado to have at least one Republican statewide row officer, so that they wouldn't be completely shut out.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 10:52:00 PM »

Hopefully Wyman manages to win reelection. Polarization should not be allowed to wipe away opposing-party incumbents who are noncontroversial, enjoy high approval ratings, and do well in their positions. Likewise, I hope that West Virginia's Democratic State Treasurer Perdue wins reelection, and the polls indicate that he's favored.

Sadly, my home state of Colorado isn't so inclined to split tickets anymore. In 2018, I voted for every statewide Democrat except for one: Jena Griswold, who is Secretary of State here (and therefore a colleague of Wyman's). Her Republican predecessor, Wayne Williams, was very competent and noncontroversial, but he could not withstand the Democratic wave here. Of course, I don't have a problem with Griswold, and she has been just as competent and effective as Williams was. But I still would have liked for Colorado to have at least one Republican statewide row officer, so that they wouldn't be completely shut out.

I think Wyman is probably narrowly favored, on the other hand, I think Purdue is going to go down, WV has just gradually become more and more hostile for Democrats, and I don't think he'll survive Trump winning WV by 30+ points.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 10:55:29 PM »

I think Wyman is probably narrowly favored, on the other hand, I think Purdue is going to go down, WV has just gradually become more and more hostile for Democrats, and I don't think he'll survive Trump winning WV by 30+ points.

Perdue did win in 2016 as Trump carried the state by 42, and his victory margin in the state is likely to shrink quite a bit. Plus West Virginia has a lot of ticket splitting, as there are a lot of Democratic legislators who still hold very Trump-friendly districts.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 11:51:21 PM »

Here’s how I would rate statewide offices:

Governor: Safe D

Lieutenant Governor: Lean Heck

Attorney General: Safe D

Public Lands: Safe D

Insurance Commissioner: Safe D

State Auditor: Likely D

Superintendent of Public Instruction: Lean D

State Treasurer: Likely D

Secretary of State: Lean R
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2020, 12:33:43 PM »

I’d agree with most of these, but I’d say Safe D for Auditor and Treasurer, and Likely Heck for Lt. Governor.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »

I’d agree with most of these, but I’d say Safe D for Auditor and Treasurer, and Likely Heck for Lt. Governor.

Safe D for treasurer? Is the incumbent really that bad?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2020, 12:52:13 PM »

Safe D for treasurer? Is the incumbent really that bad?

No, but he’s a Republican, and hasn’t built up the same image/reputation Wyman has.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies