CBS/YouGov: Greenfield +4 in IA, Peters +3 in MI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:58:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  CBS/YouGov: Greenfield +4 in IA, Peters +3 in MI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CBS/YouGov: Greenfield +4 in IA, Peters +3 in MI  (Read 2433 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 01:39:51 PM »

I have a hard time seeing Peters not running closely with Biden. Don't imagine a lot of Biden/James voters.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 02:44:46 PM »

Peters is gonna be fine lol
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »

Some of these MI-SEN numbers are a bit disturbing. However, I also think Biden’s MI number is likely a little low here. And undecideds seem to be favorable for Dems. I doubt Peters ends up losing, but did not expect to see Greenfield running ahead of him in any poll.

James is simply a really good candidate.

Is it that James is a really good candidate or Peters is just a meh candidate who most Michigan voters still don't seem to really know exists? I mean, both candidates are still stuck in the 40s, plenty of undecideds. I'd be shocked if Peters significantly underperformed Biden due to a lot of Biden/James voters.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2020, 03:06:39 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2020, 03:38:17 PM by Skunk »

Picture of MT Treasurer complaining about people thinking Ernst was inevitable:
indietraveler

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »

Ernst should be worried. I'd much rather be Greenfield right now. Ernst has pretty consistently underperformed Trump who at best won't do marginally better than his 2016 result here as far as vote share percentage.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »

Would be wild if Greenfield and James win.

Doubtful with Michigan having restored straight ticket voting.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 06:04:47 PM »

Obviously Greenfield won’t outperform Peters, but is anyone else amused at how wrong this forum ends up being about literally every race? I miss the good old days of 2019, when absurdly strong, retail-politicin’, motorcycle-riding, folksy, #populist Purple heart incumbents Ernst and Senator Peters were going to outperform the top of the ticket by 5-15 points and be immune to even a massive wave in favor of the opposite party.

The UT are dropping like flies.... again. Sad

Greenfield is being helped by all three D in House winning their rsces
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 06:06:44 PM »

Obviously Greenfield won’t outperform Peters, but is anyone else amused at how wrong this forum ends up being about literally every race? I miss the good old days of 2019, when absurdly strong, retail-politicin’, motorcycle-riding, folksy, #populist Purple heart incumbents Ernst and Senator Peters were going to outperform the top of the ticket by 5-15 points and be immune to even a massive wave in favor of the opposite party.

The UT are dropping like flies.... again. Sad

Whoever wins the Republican nomination for KS-SEN is more likely to lose than Ernst, not just Kobach.

I gave another reason why there were many Clinton/Grassley (and Clinton/Portman, Clinton/Rubio) voters: Patty Judge ran a terrible campaign.

Did people really say this before she lost in a landslide? Even if you’re right, a "terrible campaign" isn’t going to explain away a 15-point Republican overperformance, and neither is the theory that people voted for Clinton and Grassley to put a check on her presidency.

And I'm not even saying that Ernst will lose, simply that she won't be overperforming Trump by an enormous margin barring what I mentioned in my previous post.

Depends on how you define "enormous", I guess. 20 points is obviously ridiculous, but 10 points? 5 points? Hardly impossible. Even if you truly believe that split-ticket voting is dead and she doesn’t outperform Trump at all, she’ll almost certainly still be favored.

Thinking that Iowa is at least more winnable for Democrats than a state like Kansas isn't exactly radical, unless you're only looking at the 2018 gubernatorial results.

I never said that KS is more winnable for Democrats than IA in the presidential race, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if KS-SEN ended up being more competitive than IA-SEN. Even if it doesn’t, there’s no way Republicans hold NC, GA, AZ, and TX if Ernst loses.

4-0 R Iowa is more likely than Ernst losing (but tbf, that’s really not saying much). If it does happen, it will be interesting to hear from the "Iowa’s a swingy swing state that’s more likely to flip than AZ/GA/FL/TX because of its 3-1 D delegation" people like Politician. Smiley

Obviously Ernst winning by double digits (regardless of who Dems nominate), but everyone will pretend that this (as well as IA-PRES) is a Toss-up until the results start trickling in.

This is funny because I was planning on starting exactly the same thread today, lol. Anyway, Ernst is a terrible person who doesn’t derserve to be in the Senate (the fact that her "Squeal" ad probably helped her campaign in 2014 makes me sick to my stomach), but Democrats shouldn’t underestimate how many voters are going to fall for her "folksy"/"populist" farmer/combat veteran shtick. I’m getting Jon Tester vibes from her, and it certainly helps that she’s a very strong retail politician in a state Trump is favored to win in 2020. Lean/Likely R, I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if she won by double digits.

I think it's just you. No need to blame "this forum".
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2020, 08:59:08 PM »

New Poll: Iowa Senator by YouGov on 2020-10-09

Summary: D: 47%, R: 43%, U: 8%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend