Cao for Senate: With Malice Toward None (CONCESSION) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cao for Senate: With Malice Toward None (CONCESSION) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cao for Senate: With Malice Toward None (CONCESSION)  (Read 1067 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: October 11, 2020, 02:06:36 AM »
« edited: October 26, 2020, 12:26:37 AM by People's Speaker Joseph Cao »

Lincoln! It has been a wonderful six months as a citizen of the finest region in Atlasia, and as I look back on the journey I’ve made from uninformed voter to House Speaker, I remain grateful for the support you fellow citizens have showed me in my variously successful and unsuccessful campaigns. And so I am coming before you all today to announce that I will be seeking election to the Senate to serve this great region and its even greater people as best as I can.

Every citizen in Lincoln deserves a voice that matters; their votes and their opinions ought to be worth just the same regardless of whether they live in a swing region or a safe one. It is my hope that my record as a principled and pragmatic public servant can convince you all, liberals and moderates and conservatives alike, that I can be a voice for you all as a Senator for this region. It takes work to to find solutions to our nation’s problems in the face of the long political odds and challenges that come with serving in a fractious legislative chamber. But long odds and political headwinds didn’t deter me during my run for Council, they didn’t deter me in June, and they certainly won’t deter me now. I’m very pleased to say that a dedication to compromise and cooperation has kept the House running and running well under my watch, and I’m excited to bring this energy and activity to the Senate.

With malice toward none, with charity for all, as our region’s namesake once said – those must be the qualities we seek in our public servants, and I hope that you will join me in striving on towards a more equal region and a more perfect union.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 11:03:42 AM »

Yes.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:26:15 AM »

Well, here we are. My congratulations to Senator Tack on his reelection and to Poirot for running a magnificent race! I hope the Senator is ready to continue giving his best for Lincoln – we're going to need it. Once again, I'd like to thank all those who came out to do their civic duty, those who supported me in Lincoln and outside of it, and everyone who placed their trust in the three fine public servants on the ballot. All of you voters are the bedrock of what makes Lincoln a great region and one that I remain endlessly proud of.

I'm deeply proud of the race I ran and the effort that everyone put into this past weekend, and – voting controversies aside – I'd hope that moving forward, Lincoln can be the ground zero for a cleaner and a more welcoming Atlasia; one where activity and competency are paramount and where everyone is able to participate on their own terms. This is a responsibility that falls on all of us – former officeholders, current voters, and future leaders. To all of you, Federalist or Labor or Liberal or DA or independents, I urge you all to take this election as an inflection point towards making our region the best that it can be though your activity and participation. This is an effort that shouldn't last just one race or be limited to one party, so let's all strive on to finish the work we are in and the work we still have to do to achieve this.

Whatever else happens, I'll continue to fight for every voter in Lincoln and do what I can with the positions I hold in the future. Thank you all, folks, for giving me this opportunity to run. Dave bless you all. Stay safe, and good night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies