What next for the Federalist Party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:47:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What next for the Federalist Party?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What next for the Federalist Party?  (Read 3872 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2020, 05:30:03 PM »

I always liked the idea of First Past the Post elections.

Its funny because when I first joined the left was divided between SDP and JCP and the RPP supported FPTP because then we would win by pluralities.

Once the SDP and JCP merged, this proposal fell by the wayside because the left was getting majorities on their own and changing the voting system would be meaningless. Removing IRV would have just made that happen sooner. 
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2020, 05:37:35 PM »

Most Dems here agree on most issues IRL, support the same candidates IRL, etc etc. America is obviously really polarized. People are on the same team as someone 99% of the time, and every IRL politician is constantly reminding you that you have to work together to beat the right/left. It's really hard to just turn that off and duke it out in a fake election with the same people you're fighting alongside in real life. Goes double when, like in Labor, the party leaders are personally tight with each other.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »

I agree with a double dissolution. But not now. Wait a couple elections and if the situation is no different then dissolve.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2020, 07:30:15 PM »

Most Dems here agree on most issues IRL, support the same candidates IRL, etc etc. America is obviously really polarized. People are on the same team as someone 99% of the time, and every IRL politician is constantly reminding you that you have to work together to beat the right/left. It's really hard to just turn that off and duke it out in a fake election with the same people you're fighting alongside in real life. Goes double when, like in Labor, the party leaders are personally tight with each other.
Yep. Maybe if Atlasia were a more traditional elections sim (with characters and whatnot) it would be easier to overcome RL divisions, but when you have people running for office as themselves and being voted on by the forum community, RL partisan conditions will naturally replicate themselves.

Anyways, getting rid of partisan elections is obviously a bad idea —for one, the parties aren't just going to stop running GOTV just because they aren't officially recognized anymore. Truly nonpartisan elections would beget the kind of vapid personality politics that is exactly what the right doesn't need right now —growth is sustainable only when it is underwrit by loyalty to the party. This historical resistance to a strong party machine among right-wingers that Yankee has discussed in past iterations of this thread is why the left has usually had the upper hand in Atlasia.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »

I don’t have many answers for the future other than the status quo is unacceptable and the forum is increasingly left wing largely due to the state of the presidential race IRL and leadership of the parties at least in Labor are too tight for dissolution to be realistic. But otherwise I’m speechless at this point.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2020, 01:31:29 AM »

Funny enough I think dissolution has come up a few times before. Maybe even after the June election some people in Labor were talking about it. The system at the time seemed a little toxic but the consensus was still that "cult parties" would rise up and would be worse off. Even though it was competitive then.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2020, 03:05:35 AM »

I love that my Smash the Trumpists PM remains not only in Atlas lore but in Yankees head- I feel like Steve Schmidt.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2020, 03:18:46 AM »

I love that my Smash the Trumpists PM remains not only in Atlas lore but in Yankees head- I feel like Steve Schmidt.
I'll always remember it as the first PM I ever got.

We need you!

We need as many centre-left/progressive/leftists to sign up to the political simulator on the forum called Atlasia, and help us defeat the TRUMPISTS who've captured the White House, and have begun to cut womens healthcare funding, have blocked a minimum wage increase and will continue to oppose any and all efforts for real progressive change.

If you sign up you can do anything from opening a newspaper, write policy or even run for office. I joined two years ago after getting a PM similar to this, and have since been a Governor/Senator/Ex-President and now am Party Chair.

If you're busy RL/don't want to put a lot of time into it, then simply register so that you can vote in elections!!!

We need as many people as possible to sign up to help us to smash the Trumpists!

For example you could register as...
MB
Labor
Oregon

I remember getting it but it didn't really appeal to me at the time. Plus I had zero idea what it meant.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2020, 04:40:06 AM »

Actually, it was only because you said "I stand by my PM" on a previous page that I used that exact wording subsequently, but I made two posts prior in the thread expressing the exact same sentiments without using that phrasing including this one:

That isn't because we have lost ground, IT IS BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAVE GAINED IT.

We have been in the 60's for our House slate for like 4 straight elections, which would have been enough to win any election for House prior to mid 2018. I think Encke said you guys went from like 85 to 110, 110!!!!!!!!!!

You guys some times focus so much on the percentages that you cannot see for the forest for the trees that is glaringly obvious when you look at the raw vote.

So what? If so then that means that the population of Atlasia has grown (which it has). Honestly under normal circumstances I'd still be blaming you for not recruiting enough.

Grown form almost exclusively left wingers conditioned to desire conservative blood because they despise Trump. Once you scoop them up, it matters little that myself or Siren or any number of others cannot stand Trump either.

So no, it wasn't on my mind at all until you referenced it.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2020, 08:27:08 PM »

Bumping this and this should include the DA.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2020, 10:16:32 PM »

1. I am going to contact all my people like I normally do about important dates/deadlines etc like I usually do after elections.

2. Push hard in NPC cycles and try to get more people involved in them

3. Mitigate the coming slump that is likely to happen as a result of people withdrawing from the forum in the wake of a Biden win.

4. Send another wave of 10 recruitment PMs for one to actually join.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 01:33:40 AM »

Will February 2021 be the time for a federalist to finally find themselves at the top of the ticket?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2020, 01:40:51 AM »

Will February 2021 be the time for a federalist to finally find themselves at the top of the ticket?
yeah feds be power bottoming tho

they always make up the bulk of the vote share but are always relegated to VP. big oof.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2020, 02:25:06 AM »

Meanwhile Labor be standing at the head of a Mongol horde and be like

"I cannot imagine why none of them wants to run themselves".
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2020, 02:32:32 AM »

Meanwhile Labor be standing at the head of a Mongol horde and be like

"I cannot imagine why none of them wants to run themselves".

Hey ask myself, Truman and Clyde- we were more than happy to run headfirst into the horde!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2020, 05:12:14 AM »

Despite the overwhelming victory, elections are more competitive now. And I tihnk my posts that the solution were third parties and cults have been thoroughly #vindicated.

After all, the newly found competitiveness stems partially, if not fully from a strong third party (DA) plus a literal cult (Ishan-Poirot).
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2020, 06:43:02 AM »

Despite the overwhelming victory, elections are more competitive now. And I tihnk my posts that the solution were third parties and cults have been thoroughly #vindicated.

After all, the newly found competitiveness stems partially, if not fully from a strong third party (DA) plus a literal cult (Ishan-Poirot).
I recruited random zombies and only 1 person joined out of friendship.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies