COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:34:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 526330 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4475 on: June 16, 2021, 04:35:18 PM »

Royal Caribbean International is postponing for nearly a month one of the highly anticipated first sailings from the U.S. since the pandemic began because eight crew members tested positive for COVID-19, the company’s CEO said.

The brand-new Odyssey of the Seas was to set sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on July 3 but is now postponed to July 31. Royal Caribbean International’s CEO Michael Bayley said late Tuesday on Facebook the decision had been made “out of an abundance of caution,” adding the company is also rescheduling a simulation cruise scheduled for late June.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/covid-19-cases-delay-long-awaited-royal-caribbean-cruise/XU54SBDBI5BCTC2OGMGHA2A5BY/

There's no excuse for this to be happening with a vaccine widely available at this point. Goodness gracious.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4476 on: June 16, 2021, 04:49:56 PM »

Several new counties have fully vaccinated 60% of their population today.
These are:
Lincoln County, ME
Grafton County, NH
Howard County, MD
Montgomery County, MD
Santa Clara County, CA

34 Counties in total have reached this bar.

Of these counties, 28 voted for Joe Biden while 6 voted for Donald Trump.

2 new counties (Broomfield CO and San Mateo CA) and the state of Vermont (done statewide because of the lack of data on NYT) have fully vaccinated 60% of their population.

With these additions, 50 counties in total have reached this bar.

Of these counties, 43 votes for Joe Biden, while 7 voted for Donald Trump.

13 new counties have reached 60% of their population fully vaccinated which brings the total up to 63.

These counties are:
Middlesex, MA
Bristol, RI
Newport, RI
Washington, RI
Saratoga, NY
Warren, NY
West Feliciana, LA
Jo Daviess, IL
Blaine, ID
Benton, OR
King, WA
Sitka, AK
Petersburg, AK

Of all these counties, 52 voted for Joe Biden, while 11 voted for Donald Trump.

5 counties in the past two days reached 60% of their population fully vaccinated.
These counties are:
York, ME
Morris, NJ
Skagway, AK
Boulder, CO
Eagle, CO

Of the 68 counties which have cleared this mark, 57 voted for Joe Biden, while 11 voted for Donald Trump.

As someone from the Denver area, I almost laughed when I saw Boulder be the first (okay Broomfield was first but they are tiny and don’t deserve to be a county) front range county to vaccinate so many people.

For those of you who don’t understand, Boulder once stood as the symbolic city of the anti-vaxxer movement. Granola moms would protest against what they saw as big pharma poisoning their children. Even just a few years ago, this was the case. The fact Boulder of all places has suddenly become pro-vaccine just shows how oftentimes, people change their beliefs based on party, and not the other way around. I guarantee you if it weren’t for the GOP going even more nutcase, Boulder would not be showing the rates today.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #4477 on: June 16, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2021, 06:14:24 PM by "?" »

Went to Target & the local supermarket. Today is the second day without California's mask mandates, capacity limits or social distancing. It honestly doesn't look any more different than the last month. I'd say 95% of the folks indoors were masked and the only ones not following social distancing were the 5% of unmasked folks.

It seems at the theme parks, there's a lot less mask-wearing & social distancing going on. But as far as day-to-day indoor shopping, same as it ever was.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4478 on: June 16, 2021, 06:45:50 PM »

Went to Target & the local supermarket. Today is the second day without California's mask mandates, capacity limits or social distancing. It honestly doesn't look any more different than the last month. I'd say 95% of the folks indoors were masked and the only ones not following social distancing were the 5% of unmasked folks.

It seems at the theme parks, there's a lot less mask-wearing & social distancing going on. But as far as day-to-day indoor shopping, same as it ever was.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers go down considerably over the next few weeks. Today, I went back to my job after having been on "vacation" for the past week and a half. I would say that around 80-85% of customers and employees are no longer wearing masks, and about 10-15% still are. At this point, the only remaining mask wearers at my job, I suspect, are the ones who don't feel comfortable with discarding the masks yet or may still be waiting for the two-week period before they are fully vaccinated.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #4479 on: June 16, 2021, 06:57:08 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers go down considerably over the next few weeks. Today, I went back to my job after having been on "vacation" for the past week and a half. I would say that around 80-85% of customers and employees are no longer wearing masks, and about 10-15% still are. At this point, the only remaining mask wearers at my job, I suspect, are the ones who don't feel comfortable with discarding the masks yet or may still be waiting for the two-week period before they are fully vaccinated.

I wouldn't be surprised either. But I also wasn't surprised to see anyone throw away their masks away because the state snapped their fingers and made mask mandates disappear. It's a gradual process and old habits are hard to break. I'm kinda used to wearing the mask now and it feels weird going shopping without it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4480 on: June 16, 2021, 07:42:41 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised either. But I also wasn't surprised to see anyone throw away their masks away because the state snapped their fingers and made mask mandates disappear. It's a gradual process and old habits are hard to break. I'm kinda used to wearing the mask now and it feels weird going shopping without it.

I fully understand. I was hesitant at first about taking my mask off once the mandate here in Colorado ended, and Home Depot lifted their mandate for employees. But I've gotten used to being maskless again, especially since the overwhelming majority of people at my workplace are now doing the same. However, I still have some coworkers who are vaccinated but plan to continue wearing a mask for the foreseeable future.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4481 on: June 16, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »

The updated numbers for COVID-19 in the U.S. are in for 6/16 per: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm keeping track of these updates daily and updating at the end of the day, whenever all states finish reporting for that day.

ΔW Change: Comparisons of Weekly Day-to-day Growth or Decline of COVID-19 Spread/Deaths.
  • IE: Comparing the numbers to the same day of last week, are we flattening the curve enough?

Σ Increase: A day's contribution to overall percentage growth of COVID-19 cases/deaths.
  • IE:What's the overall change in the total?

Brackets []: These represent the total change for the day, including backlogged reports, if any.
  • These numbers are inflated relative to the actual reports for the day, so they are not used to calculate the comparative percentage shifts.

Older Numbers (Hidden in spoiler mode to make the post more compact)
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

6/6: <Sunday>
  • Cases: 34,210,782 (+6,408 [+7,023] | ΔW Change: ↓17.32% | Σ Increase: ↑0.02%)
  • Deaths: 612,366 (+166 | ΔW Change: ↑33.87% | Σ Increase: ↑0.03%)

6/7 (Last Week Holiday): <M>
  • Cases: 34,227,237 (+12,283 [+16,455] | ΔW Change: ↑50.99% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)
  • Deaths: 612,701 (+335 | ΔW Change: ↑153.79% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)

6/8: <T>
  • Cases: 34,242,866 (+13,542 [+15,629] | ΔW Change: ↑4.36% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)
  • Deaths: 613,052 (+351 | ΔW Change: ↑22.30% | Σ Increase: ↑0.06%)

6/9: <W>
  • Cases: 34,264,727 (+14,201 [+21,861] | ΔW Change: ↓16.34% | Σ Increase: ↑0.06%)
  • Deaths: 613,494 (+442 | ΔW Change: ↓14.00% | Σ Increase: ↑0.07%)

6/10: <Þ>
  • Cases: 34,275,437 (+10,710 | ΔW Change: ↓59.51% | Σ Increase: ↑0.03%)
  • Deaths: 613,906 (+412 | ΔW Change: ↓24.82% | Σ Increase: ↑0.07%)

6/11: <F>
  • Cases: 34,306,280 (+15,928 [+30,843] | ΔW Change: ↓5.89% | Σ Increase: ↑0.09%)
  • Deaths: 614,732 (+421 [+826] | ΔW Change: ↑70.45% | Σ Increase: ↑0.13%)

6/12: <S>
  • Cases: 34,315,867 (+9,587 | ΔW Change: ↓18.31% | Σ Increase: ↑0.03%)
  • Deaths: 615,037 (+305 | ΔW Change: ↓20.78% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)

6/13: <Sunday>
  • Cases: 34,321,093 (+5,226 | ΔW Change: ↓18.45% | Σ Increase: ↑0.02%)
  • Deaths: 615,053 (+16 | ΔW Change: ↓90.36% | Σ Increase: ↑0.00%)

6/14: <M>
  • Cases: 34,334,299 (+7,310 [+13,206] | ΔW Change: ↓40.49% | Σ Increase: ↑0.04%)
  • Deaths: 615,263 (+106 [+210] | ΔW Change: ↓68.36% | Σ Increase: ↑0.03%)

6/15 (Yesterday): <T>
  • Cases: 34,351,363 (+11,884 [+17,064] | ΔW Change: ↓12.24% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)
  • Deaths: 615,703 (+341 [+440] | ΔW Change: ↓2.85% | Σ Increase: ↑0.07%)

6/16 (Today): <W>
  • Cases: 34,365,327 (+12,757 [+13,964] | ΔW Change: ↓10.17% | Σ Increase: ↑0.04%)
  • Deaths: 616,141 (+352 [+438] | ΔW Change: ↓20.36% | Σ Increase: ↑0.07%)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4482 on: June 16, 2021, 08:10:47 PM »

Royal Caribbean International is postponing for nearly a month one of the highly anticipated first sailings from the U.S. since the pandemic began because eight crew members tested positive for COVID-19, the company’s CEO said.

The brand-new Odyssey of the Seas was to set sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on July 3 but is now postponed to July 31. Royal Caribbean International’s CEO Michael Bayley said late Tuesday on Facebook the decision had been made “out of an abundance of caution,” adding the company is also rescheduling a simulation cruise scheduled for late June.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/covid-19-cases-delay-long-awaited-royal-caribbean-cruise/XU54SBDBI5BCTC2OGMGHA2A5BY/

There's no excuse for this to be happening with a vaccine widely available at this point. Goodness gracious.

From my understanding, the cruising industry is one of the hardest if not the hardest to make work with Covid. It's pretty much impossible to not get people infected onboard, no matter how hard they try (I think some cruising attempts were tried last summer when covid was at its lowest and they still didn't work)

With vaccines it should be possible and this is the fault of the company or the employees, but a vaccine will almost certainly be required for everyone on board, no exceptions whatsoever.

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #4483 on: June 16, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »

There may be a bit of a disconnect between atlas regulars and folks on the ground regarding masks. Last week, I went on a big roadtrip to Wind Cave National Park in South Dakota, and during the entire week, I was never even in any venue or building that required masks. Rest areas, motels, restaurants, grocery stores, museums, even national park visitor centers - none required masks of vaccinated people (and in most cases unvaccinated too, except at the national parks). Whether it was Illinois, South Dakota, or any other state, it was always the same.

And very, very few people wore masks voluntarily. Even most park rangers. I went on a guided tour of the cave, and there was no social distancing whatsoever, but hardly anyone wore a mask (but that was one place where the ranger actually did).

I think masks just didn't really catch on completely outside the white-collar social media bubble, at least in the U.S. During the pandemic, there were people who wore a mask when there was a rule, but they tore it right off as soon as they stepped outside.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4484 on: June 16, 2021, 08:56:27 PM »

Second this. I work at Target, and mask-wearing was still quite common for a couple weeks after the mandate was modified so fully-vaxxed don't have to wear them, but I'd say less than 25% of guests still wear them, with maybe 40% of employees. I expect that to drop even further after the mandate is dropped altogether on the 28th.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4485 on: June 17, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »

It's like 80 not wearing/20 wearing masks in my experience, now.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4486 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »

It's like 80 not wearing/20 wearing masks in my experience, now.

It's about the same here.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4487 on: June 17, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »

A couple thoughts on the last few pages:

A:  I don't really know what Nate Silver's point is (something I find myself saying disappointingly often these days).  Yes, COVID would have been easier to handle if we'd done something besides lockdowns.  But can anyone tell me a strategy other than lockdowns that's viable for preventing spread of a virus transmitted by human contact?  You have to stop the human contact.  Saying "it would have been easier if we didn't have to stop the human contact" is basically just saying "COVID would have been easier to handle if it wasn't COVID."

B:  I don't see why it matters whether it's a lab leak or not w.r.t. domestic policy.  If it was a leak from some Chinese lab and the Chinese Communist Party lied to the world about it, I would celebrate that as it's just more evidence of their awfulness and might lead to a few more countries standing up to China.  Hey maybe we could even pass that TPP.  But the origins of the virus ultimately don't matter as far as how we handled it and what the consequences were.

C:  If it was indeed a lab leak, Trump and the Republicans don't get credit for "knowing all along."  Nobody "knew all along" we're discovering new information.  Trump and the Republicans threw a bunch of darts at the wall with ridiculous conspiracies about the origin of the virus.  The purpose of these conspiracies was to give them a reason to declare the entire virus a hoax, so they could encourage people to behave recklessly and dangerously for political purposes.  If one random conspiracy turns out to be partially true (in the most mundane way) that doesn't validate Trump randomly spreading a dozen different conspiracies, and it doesn't prove his point with those conspiracies since the virus was very much not a hoax.

D:  If Fauci had given credibility to the "lab leak" idea in 2020 it would have just encouraged everyone to think the virus was a man-made bioweapon by Bill Gates and George Soros, or a complete hoax that they didn't need to take seriously at all.  Like am I the only one who remembers the kinds of stupid s--t people were buying into back then?  I still have plenty of texts on my family groupchat from the deep south idiots who laughed at the rest of us for taking the virus seriously (and still refuse to get vaccinated).  The best thing society could do was to completely shut down any conspiracy talk because people just don't know when to draw the line.  OK maybe they were studying the virus in a lab and it leaked out.  So what?  That doesn't mean China created it as a bioweapon.  That doesn't mean Bill Gates invented COVID.  That doesn't mean Fauci himself invented COVID.  That doesn't mean COVID is fake and all the news about it is fake.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4488 on: June 17, 2021, 08:03:22 PM »

The updated numbers for COVID-19 in the U.S. are in for 6/17 per: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm keeping track of these updates daily and updating at the end of the day, whenever all states finish reporting for that day.

ΔW Change: Comparisons of Weekly Day-to-day Growth or Decline of COVID-19 Spread/Deaths.
  • IE: Comparing the numbers to the same day of last week, are we flattening the curve enough?

Σ Increase: A day's contribution to overall percentage growth of COVID-19 cases/deaths.

Brackets []: These represent the total change for the day, including backlogged reports, if any.
  • These numbers are inflated relative to the actual reports for the day, so they are not used to calculate the comparative percentage shifts.

• Cases: 34,227,237 (+12,283 [+16,455] | ΔW Change: ↑50.99% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)

• Cases: 34,242,866 (+13,542 [+15,629] | ΔW Change: ↑4.36% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)

• Cases: 34,264,727 (+14,201 [+21,861] | ΔW Change: ↓16.34% | Σ Increase: ↑0.06%)

• Cases: 34,306,280 (+15,928 [+30,843] | ΔW Change: ↓5.89% | Σ Increase: ↑0.09%)

• Cases: 34,334,299 (+7,310 [+13,206] | ΔW Change: ↓40.49% | Σ Increase: ↑0.04%)

6/15: <T>
  • Cases: 34,351,363 (+11,884 [+17,064] | ΔW Change: ↓12.24% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)

6/16 (Yesterday): <W>
  • Cases: 34,365,327 (+12,757 [+13,964] | ΔW Change: ↓10.17% | Σ Increase: ↑0.04%)

6/17 (Today): <Þ>
  • Cases: 34,376,793 (+11,466 | ΔW Change: ↑7.06% | Σ Increase: ↑0.03%)
  • Deaths: 616,423 (+282 | ΔW Change: ↓31.55% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4489 on: June 17, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »

AP/NORC, June 10-14, 1125 adults (prior poll April 29-May 3)

Approve 55 (-8)
Disapprove 44 (+8)

Strongly approve 26 (-8)
Strongly disapprove 29 (+4)

Awful poll, but this is the wrong thread
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4490 on: June 17, 2021, 11:29:13 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2021, 10:54:08 AM by YE »

So here’s why some scientists downplayed the lab leak theory last year:

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/lab-leak-theory-science-scientists-rcna1191

”At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins," she said.

You’ve gotta be kidding me. Well guess what you’ve done, idiots? Given Trump and his supporters a massive win. Now they can all say that you politicized science, how can anyone trust you again, Trump was right (or at least on to something) all along and you covered it up, etc. It severely undermines the credibility of both the media and the scientific community at the worst possible time.

How about this: Right-wingers don’t deny legitimate scientific consensus and turn things like masks and vaccines into political wars, and “liberal” scientists never again even think about the political implications of the science. It’s not your job to worry about whether it proves Trump right about one thing or could be used by “racists.” Diehard Trump supporters will believe he is right and say racist things anyway! But the rest of us have a right to know the truth. Don’t obscure it, downplay it, evade it, pretend that a legitimate possibility is a fringe conspiracy theory, anything of the sort. By doing so, you just damage your own credibility and potentially send more people running towards the right. So actually, if you’re really worried about the long-term political effects, this is the worst thing you could possibly do!

Damn I can’t believe this even needs to be said. And the worst part is that the real beneficiary of all this is the CCP, who I’m seeing not just tankies anymore but smug “liberal” BeliEvE tHe ScIencE types defend all over Twitter, wittingly or not. The implication is that it’s impossible or even somehow racist to believe that a literally genocidal authoritarian regime that just so happens to study coronaviruses in Wuhan might have covered it up if it leaked from that lab, as if they would NEVER do anything dishonest! Never mind that they tried to cover up the outbreak from the beginning!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4491 on: June 18, 2021, 09:56:21 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2021, 10:53:49 AM by YE »

So here’s why some scientists downplayed the lab leak theory last year:

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/lab-leak-theory-science-scientists-rcna1191

”At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins," she said.

You’ve gotta be kidding me. Well guess what you’ve done, idiots? Given Trump and his supporters a massive win. Now they can all say that you politicized science, how can anyone trust you again, Trump was right (or at least on to something) all along and you covered it up, etc. It severely undermines the credibility of both the media and the scientific community at the worst possible time.

How about this: Right-wingers don’t deny legitimate scientific consensus and turn things like masks and vaccines into political wars, and “liberal” scientists never again even think about the political implications of the science. It’s not your job to worry about whether it proves Trump right about one thing or could be used by “racists.” Diehard Trump supporters will believe he is right and say racist things anyway! But the rest of us have a right to know the truth. Don’t obscure it, downplay it, evade it, pretend that a legitimate possibility is a fringe conspiracy theory, anything of the sort. By doing so, you just damage your own credibility and potentially send more people running towards the right. So actually, if you’re really worried about the long-term political effects, this is the worst thing you could possibly do!

Damn I can’t believe this even needs to be said. And the worst part is that the real beneficiary of all this is the CCP, who I’m seeing not just tankies anymore but smug “liberal” BeliEvE tHe ScIencE types defend all over Twitter, wittingly or not. The implication is that it’s impossible or even somehow racist to believe that a literally genocidal authoritarian regime that just so happens to study coronaviruses in Wuhan might have covered it up if it leaked from that lab, as if they would NEVER do anything dishonest! Never mind that they tried to cover up the outbreak from the beginning!

The likeliest source of the virus according to these same virologists still is a natural origin, they are just asking for it to not be taken off the table. You are emblematic of why the public shouldn’t be told things, they are too stupid to understand them in the first place.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4492 on: June 18, 2021, 10:05:58 AM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4493 on: June 18, 2021, 03:29:22 PM »

6 new counties have reached 60% of their population fully vaccinated.
These counties are:
Sagahadoc, ME
Hancock, ME
Montour, PA
Glacier, MT
Los Alamos, NM
Multnomah, OR

Of the 74 counties which have reached this threshold, 62 voted for Joe Biden, while 12 voted for Donald Trump.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4494 on: June 18, 2021, 08:29:45 PM »

at least one inoculation:

red to green

under 40%  70% red
at least 40% but less than 45% 50% red
at least 45% but under 50%  30% red
at least 50% but under 55% 30% orange
at least 55% but under 60% yellow
at least 60% but under 65% 30% green
over 65% 70% green (! -- over 72% in Vermont)

Full inoculation

red to green

under 40%  70% red *UNDER 35% ** UNDER 30%
at least 45% but under 50%  30% red
over 65% 70% green

(Mississippi, God damn!)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker

as of 18 June 2021.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4495 on: June 18, 2021, 09:15:02 PM »

7-day positive rate down to 1.66%
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4496 on: June 18, 2021, 11:06:25 PM »

The updated numbers for COVID-19 in the U.S. are in for 6/18 per: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

6/15: <T>

6/16: <W>

6/17 (Yesterday): <Þ>
  • Cases: 34,376,793 (+11,466 | ΔW Change: ↑7.06% | Σ Increase: ↑0.03%)
  • Deaths: 616,423 (+282 | ΔW Change: ↓31.55% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)

6/18 (Today): <F>
  • Cases: 34,393,269 (+13,389 [+16,476] | ΔW Change: ↓15.94% | Σ Increase: ↑0.05%)
  • Deaths: 616,920 (+393 [+497] | ΔW Change: ↓6.65% | Σ Increase: ↑0.08%)
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.45, S: -3.91

P P
« Reply #4497 on: June 19, 2021, 08:58:31 AM »

under 40%  70% red
at least 45% but under 50%  30% red
over 65% 70% green (! -- over 72% in Vermont)

Why did you make this key as confusing as humanly possible

Nice maps though
urutzizu
« Reply #4498 on: June 19, 2021, 02:03:42 PM »

I saw this in a campaign ad, do Americans (in blue states) actually do this? I mean under 6 y/o children wearing masks in an outdoors playground? I am as pro mask as you can get, but this seems completely insane.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4499 on: June 19, 2021, 02:56:13 PM »

I saw this in a campaign ad, do Americans (in blue states) actually do this? I mean under 6 y/o children wearing masks in an outdoors playground? I am as pro mask as you can get, but this seems completely insane.

I've never seen this in parks or playgrounds, but some folks who comment on other boards apparently have seen it.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies